Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My impression from reviews is that the issue with Plaid brakes is only that they lose effectiveness after a number of hard stops ie they are quite adequate for a single hard stop, AMPd?
Interesting, that’s not what I’ve seen from reviews. Yes there’s the overheating issue, but that’s more of a track thing
From what I’ve see Most of the reviews that talk about the brakes are saying they aren’t good at bringing the vehicle to a stop quickly from higher rates of speed.

Wow, nice, so lucky. You got the best. A higher price for your trade in and a lower price for the new car. That's a windfall worth a double celebration. Hmm, maybe some people think you owe them a hat. Just kidding but that might be in line with some posts I've been reading these last few days. Congrats!!!
P.S. you traded into an ICE dealership?
I did trade it in at an ICE dealer, it was a Buick dealership and they said they wanted to get going on electric cars.. but then I saw that my Model 3 was driven up to an auction within a day lol. So I don't know what they were thinking.
Yeah, I got crazy lucky, it was perfect timing. I am glad I decided to trade in ahead of time! My poor wife though, having to share her car; it has made things a bit difficult.

I just took a look to see what the Tesla site says if you were to push the button today for a Model S plaid, and I left it with no options (aside from the Plaid of course) and it gives an EDD of February to March. This seems odd to me as we (Lowtek, King Paul, and I) All ordered in Early-mid January only to have a more precise, but also an EDD within February to March. Our dates do seem to corrolate with our order date, but using King Paul as a reference: if he has a EDD of 28 Feb, how can they say on the site that someone that orders today would have an EDD of Feb - March?

Is Tesla just over-promising, will we see some VINs soon, and if someone ordered today; they may still see delivery within 30 days?

No, patience isn't one of my virtues. That is why I am ordering a Plaid...

Reactions: lowtek
I just took a look to see what the Tesla site says if you were to push the button today for a Model S plaid, and I left it with no options (aside from the Plaid of course) and it gives an EDD of February to March. This seems odd to me as we (Lowtek, King Paul, and I) All ordered in Early-mid January only to have a more precise, but also an EDD within February to March. Our dates do seem to corrolate with our order date, but using King Paul as a reference: if he has a EDD of 28 Feb, how can they say on the site that someone that orders today would have an EDD of Feb - March?

Is Tesla just over-promising, will we see some VINs soon, and if someone ordered today; they may still see delivery within 30 days?

No, patience isn't one of my virtues. That is why I am ordering a Plaid...
It’s color interior and wheels. This all changes the delivery date.
I ordered white/white (stormtrooper) 19”

• Helpful
Reactions: K.I.T.T.23
It’s color interior and wheels. This all changes the delivery date.
I ordered white/white (stormtrooper) 19”
So that may be true, and if that is the case mine should be fairly close to the front, the only thing I didn't upgrade are the wheels... expensive tires with big-old rims to slow my 0-60 and reduce my range by nearly 50 miles... no thank you.

And Duke, you are in the January Plaid order club for 2023?! awesome! What color/interior/wheels (all 5) did you go with?

So that may be true, and if that is the case mine should be fairly close to the front, the only thing I didn't upgrade are the wheels... expensive tires with big-old rims to slow my 0-60 and reduce my range by nearly 50 miles... no thank you.

And Duke, you are in the January Plaid order club for 2023?! awesome! What color/interior/wheels (all 5) did you go with?
1/13 order white/white 19” Plaid window now Feb 5 - 25 round wheel. No vin yet. I have 2 model 3 performance cars 2019 and a 2022. You could literally watch the waiting list and figure out what colors interior they were building. in my experience the interior has always been the guess on the delivery date. You know another cream order? Bet they have the same dates as you.

1/13 order white/white 19” Plaid window now Feb 5 - 25 round wheel. No vin yet. I have 2 model 3 performance cars 2019 and a 2022. You could literally watch the waiting list and figure out what colors interior they were building. in my experience the interior has always been the guess on the delivery date. You know another cream order? Bet they have the same dates as you.
Interesting. White on White, very nice. Interesting point on interior colors. I thought you were making a joke I didn't get with your last post that the cream is likely what was holding my order up.
I am not sure of anyone else with a Cream color interior ordering now, but no one's dates line up with mine. What was frustrating for me was that they didn't update my dates until the day after the window opened! Frustrating to see it get pushed and the window didn't even shrink, just moved exactly 10 days to the right.

Interesting. White on White, very nice. Interesting point on interior colors. I thought you were making a joke I didn't get with your last post that the cream is likely what was holding my order up.
I am not sure of anyone else with a Cream color interior ordering now, but no one's dates line up with mine. What was frustrating for me was that they didn't update my dates until the day after the window opened! Frustrating to see it get pushed and the window didn't even shrink, just moved exactly 10 days to the right.
I think cream hides the seat wrinkles better...

• Funny
my 2019 took 62 days from order to driving. The initial window with that was 14 days, my 2022 took 58 days order to pickup. I know this sounds silly but the wait will be worth it. When u get a vin it’s usually 5 days later you will have your car.

• Helpful