Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
my 2019 took 62 days from order to driving. The initial window with that was 14 days, my 2022 took 58 days order to pickup. I know this sounds silly but the wait will be worth it. When u get a vin it’s usually 5 days later you will have your car.
I think you are right, the wait will be worth it! I am just hoping that the VIN doesn't hit me with a delivery during my road trip from the 22nd of Feb to the 5th of March.
I was told by my Tesla rep that it takes about 7 days to get cars out here to Colorado Springs. They arrive via train. Right along your delivery timeline of 5+ days.

Thanks!

Reactions: zoomer0056
So, here is more color to my story. I received one of the first Y’s is my area in March of 2020, right before the world shut down. When I ordered the Y 3 1/2 weeks before, I was expecting a fall 2020 delivery. When I received the text a few weeks later, I wasn’t prepared. I sold my Porsche Macan for less than I should have. I absolutely loved the Y, and it was close to flawless. A Tesla mechanic actually came to my house to replace the front control arms in my driveway. I now live 3 hours from a SC. I had an appointment to go today SC, but they contacted me to say that they could come to me! Late summer 2022, at the height of the car speculation craziness, I accepted an offer for my Y for $10k MORE than I paid, over 2 years before. I couldn’t pass that up. I’ve never made money on a car in my life. In December of 2022, I ordered a 2023 Lexus SUV for February 2023 delivery. In mid-December, my wife and I drove my sister’s Lexus, and our thought was “good Lord, look at all of the knobs, and gadgets, and dials, and crap to go wrong. It felt like we had stepped back into the 1980’s. My wife actually said, “are you sure we are making the right decision? Aren’t we going backwards by buying another gas car?” We started discussing getting another Tesla. We settled on the S (for $40,000 more than the Lexus!) with the 402 range, because that will give us enough realistic range to do 95% of the traveling that we do, with only 1 supercharging stop. So, that is a long-winded story of our Tesla journey, and why the longer delivery date doesn’t matter to us. It will get here.

So, here is more color to my story. I received one of the first Y’s is my area in March of 2020, right before the world shut down. When I ordered the Y 3 1/2 weeks before, I was expecting a fall 2020 delivery. When I received the text a few weeks later, I wasn’t prepared. I sold my Porsche Macan for less than I should have. I absolutely loved the Y, and it was close to flawless. A Tesla mechanic actually came to my house to replace the front control arms in my driveway. I now live 3 hours from a SC. I had an appointment to go today SC, but they contacted me to say that they could come to me! Late summer 2022, at the height of the car speculation craziness, I accepted an offer for my Y for $10k MORE than I paid, over 2 years before. I couldn’t pass that up. I’ve never made money on a car in my life. In December of 2022, I ordered a 2023 Lexus SUV for February 2023 delivery. In mid-December, my wife and I drove my sister’s Lexus, and our thought was “good Lord, look at all of the knobs, and gadgets, and dials, and crap to go wrong. It felt like we had stepped back into the 1980’s. My wife actually said, “are you sure we are making the right decision? Aren’t we going backwards by buying another gas car?” We started discussing getting another Tesla. We settled on the S (for $40,000 more than the Lexus!) with the 402 range, because that will give us enough realistic range to do 95% of the traveling that we do, with only 1 supercharging stop. So, that is a long-winded story of our Tesla journey, and why the longer delivery date doesn’t matter to us. It will get here.
EPA RR is 405 for the LR with "19 wheels, about 350 at 70 mph highway

May your delivery be before the end of quarter, and be scratch and seat wrinkle free.

Love it man, thanks for the story. Since you shared, here is mine.
My mother, a retired computer professor was always on the cusp of technology. Even at 70+, she kept up with tech better than most young adults. She got a 2019 Model 3, loved it, drove it for a year. After that, she decided the Y was a better fit, she had friends that struggled to get into the Model 3. So, I bought it off her. She got her Y in Nov of 2020, it was one of the early Ys. I just retired from the military and got a contracting job that is a bit to far for an old standard range (75 miles each way between Colorado Springs and Denver) and with any cold or hot weather it just doesn't make the trip without wanting a super charge on the way home, needed to be charged to 100%... just wasn't ideal, so I wanted an upgrade. I was going to get a Model 3 Performance, but figured, I got the $$, a good job and retirement pay so lets go the full nine and get the dream car. Always wanted KITT as a kid, and a MS Plaid is as close as you can get! So I ordered one up, got a good offer for the Model 3 right before the price drop was announced so I took that and now I wait...

Just for S&Gs, I put this spreadsheet together. Gathered info from this forum. Anyone else with a Model S on order please let me know and I will add you or update your info so we can see when who gets what car and how these things impact delivery dates!

Order DateNamePlaid?InteriorWheelsEDDDelivery
7-Jan​
K.I.T.T.23YCream19"8 Feb - 15 MarTBD
13-Jan​
Duke846YWhite19"5 Feb - 25 FebTBD
16-Jan​
suyoungmanYBlack19"19 Feb - 31 MarTBD
16-Jan​
KingPaulNWhite28 Feb - 23 MarTBD
Lowtek15 Feb - 3 MarTBD

Just for S&Gs, I put this spreadsheet together. Gathered info from this forum. Anyone else with a Model S on order please let me know and I will add you or update your info so we can see when who gets what car and how these things impact delivery dates!

7-Jan​
13-Jan​
16-Jan​
16-Jan​
Lowtek15 Feb - 3 MarTBD
Ah the good 'ol days of spreadsheeting orders.

7-Jan​
13-Jan​
16-Jan​
16-Jan​
Lowtek15 Feb - 3 MarTBD
Gray with cream interior. 19” wheels.

Reactions: K.I.T.T.23
Lowtek hit me up with data so I figured best to just put the full sheet here. As Duke846 said, it looks like interior has some impact on delivery dates. would appear white is first, cream second, and then black. I am just guessing because Lowtek ordered a few days before me, but his delivery date lines up more with Suyoungman who is also a black interior. Interesting... KingPaul is a bit of an anomaly, maybe a different batch? Or you will see a bump forward or I will see a bump back... let's hope you get bumped forward.
3-Jan​
LowtekYBlack21"15 Feb - 22 MarTBD
7-Jan​
13-Jan​
16-Jan​
SuyoungmanYBlack19"19 Feb - 31 MarTBD
16-Jan​
KingPaulNCream19"28 Feb - 23 MarTBD

Lowtek hit me up with data so I figured best to just put the full sheet here. As Duke846 said, it looks like interior has some impact on delivery dates. would appear white is first, cream second, and then black. I am just guessing because Lowtek ordered a few days before me, but his delivery date lines up more with Suyoungman who is also a black interior. Interesting... KingPaul is a bit of an anomaly, maybe a different batch? Or you will see a bump forward or I will see a bump back... let's hope you get bumped forward.
3-Jan​
7-Jan​
13-Jan​
16-Jan​
16-Jan​
Maybe add the State that it is being delivered to? Do you think that factors in to delivery time?

3-Jan​
7-Jan​
13-Jan​
16-Jan​
16-Jan​
Ohhh man I am first? I also ordered a round steering wheel.

7-Jan​
13-Jan​
16-Jan​
16-Jan​
Lowtek15 Feb - 3 MarTBD
Ok, here you go: 1-18-2023 - HAJM - No Plaid - White - 19" - EDD March 3 - March 31

3-Jan​
7-Jan​
13-Jan​
16-Jan​
16-Jan​
You keep this up, your gonna catch EDD...

Endless Delivery Disorder!

Ask me how I know.

There is only one cure, and it is only weeks away I suspect.

• Funny
Reactions: K.I.T.T.23