Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After my ppf and tint was complete, I finally took official delivery of my car. I realized that the tail lights (left) is misaligned. I will be correcting that myself.

Attachments

• BEB6E953-AB48-4BA1-82A5-FFEA664C3A3E.jpeg
    BEB6E953-AB48-4BA1-82A5-FFEA664C3A3E.jpeg
    301 KB · Views: 174
Not sure what is going on..... Ordered 1/18. Ext. Blue, Plaid. EDD March 17 to March 24.

On March 10, I called Tesla and changed to Ultra Red. Few days later, EDD changed to "March."

Today, EDD changed to April 13 - May 25.....

Getting a custom car on tesla.com still shows March '23 delivery.

Time to make some calls....
Yeah, mine went the same way. This reflects what I have seen in our family's experience across seven Teslas.

I haven an inventory HW3 heavily discounted S on order after rejecting the last one given all of the paint damage as a demo for pick up this upcoming Friday. I'm debating releasing it though even with the reduced price ($13,000 USD marked down) because I feel like there's a very very strong chance we get another price drop right after this quarter.... They have a ton of inventory HW4 Model X's that are all marked down $5000.. almost every single one is marked down and this is for new tech not clearing out old inventory. It's possible it's just temporary because they have so many available, but my gut is telling me we may see a general price drop for both the S/X again in April or May. I figure it may be better waiting for that and grabbing a HW4 S instead of going old tech even with the discount. We get charged a luxury tax on vehicles over 100k CAD here in Canada so any price drops help massively.

I dont know how Tesla assembles these parts but it seams reasonable to assume they would use some kind of shim/template to assure things line up. Makes me think its a quality of labor or meeting a quota thing. I dont know but I'm on the sideline trying to learn and figure out what I may be getting into. Its such an amazing car otherwise, and maybe most are perfect? Or getting better?

I dont know how Tesla assembles these parts but it seams reasonable to assume they would use some kind of shim/template to assure things line up. Makes me think its a quality of labor or meeting a quota thing. I dont know but I'm on the sideline trying to learn and figure out what I may be getting into. Its such an amazing car otherwise, and maybe most are perfect? Or getting better?
Per two SA managers I talked to in SoCal this month:

"Assy quality is not getting better"

It is an amazing car, and if you can avoid delivery damage, most things you can fix yourself, such as:

Missing rivets, bulging, misplaced gaskets, broken trim clips, dirt, debris, sealant residue, tailgate or frunk not aligned.

Some interior things you just live with, like seat wrinkles and panel and interior trim gaps.

However, if I had all three of the items mentioned above, I would reject the car. You can do that once. Don't fall for the "We can fix those problems"

Reactions: Nickos