Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ask him / her to ping the car. That's how I've been getting info on where my car is ("Birmingham rail yard." "Birmingham rail yard." "Birmingham rail yard." ... :mad:). The car will tell the DS where it is. They just have to query it.

If yours shipped by rail (very likely) then the DS really cannot influence the transloading schedule from rail to truck. It comes off the railcar when the railroad is ready to take it off. After that the DS may have some influence on priority of shipping the final leg. If my DS is any indication, they can find out a LOT about your car very quickly - shipping paperwork progress and such at the very least.

I'm going to check in with my DS later this afternoon (I've been doing that every couple days since the car was shipped) for an update ("Birmingham rail yard" probably).

When I finally broke down and called my DS, he told me that sometimes the car won't "ping" because of spotty signal when they are on the truck. Nonetheless, he thinks it'll be in Tampa today and we have a delivery scheduled for Tuesday morning. Only 3 days left to wait . . . 74 hours . . . 4,440 minutes . . . 266,400 seconds . . .

Have a GREAT drive home!

There are a few other Teslas in the area - what would you think about having a "Tesla dinner" somewhere in the area in a few weeks? If we can figure out how to contact other Tesla owners, that is...

Thanks!

I'd be up for that - for sure. Have you found the carolinas owners facebook page?
( Log into Facebook | Facebook )

There is google doc there listing folks' cities and even license plates. I'm not a big user of FB but this might be a good way to identify those of us in the area.

Just a few more days for us both!

While you're all waiting desperately for your cars to arrive, consider my situation: My car was delivered last Tuesday (3/15) and I still haven't seen it. I had to leave town on short notice and my wife took delivery without me. Not a huge deal since it's unofficially her car, but I have to live vicariously through the delivery pictures and tracking the car via the smartphone app.

On the plus side, our NEMA 14-50 garage installation has worked fine from day one.

Reactions: chriSharek
WOW! When I went in on 3/5 to place my order in the Monterey SC, my Owner Advisor Nikki said she was pretty sure I would get it before the end of the qtr. Then I started working with my DS Justine in Fremont, who called me this am to tell me my MS will be ready for pickup 3/26. I have to admit I was skeptical I would get it 1st qtr after many nights of reading the forum. Tesla really working hard on getting our cars out to us. AND going to happiest place on earth tomorrow with grandson for his first Disney trip. That's a lot of happiness!!

MS70 ordered 3/5; confirmed 3/5; VIN 133130 assigned 3/7; estimated delivery Late March-April; entered production 3/17; Tentative Delivery appointment 3/26; I live in Central Valley so it definitely helps that I get to pick up in Fremont with the factory tour.

1 week countdown begins

Picked up my MS70 (RWD, titanium, next gen seats) today at the factory in Fremont, CA. Place was packed today, so quick delivery, but a nice process overall. Factory tour was pretty cool! Received umbrella, mug, tesla pin, pen and a pair of key fob holders. Enjoyed my drive back, and wife took car for a spin as soon as I arrived home :) I think it's going to be tough fighting her off... might have to confiscate her key... :)

Ordered on 1/25/16
Confirmed on 02/01/16
Entered production on 02/24/16
Production completed on 03/03/16
Prep/inspection finished by 03/11/16
Picked up in Fremont on 3/19
VIN: 128018

Reactions: anth2312
Picked up my MS70 (RWD, titanium, next gen seats) today at the factory in Fremont, CA. Place was packed today, so quick delivery, but a nice process overall. Factory tour was pretty cool! Received umbrella, mug, tesla pin, pen and a pair of key fob holders. Enjoyed my drive back, and wife took car for a spin as soon as I arrived home :) I think it's going to be tough fighting her off... might have to confiscate her key... :)

Ordered on 1/25/16
Confirmed on 02/01/16
Entered production on 02/24/16
Production completed on 03/03/16
Prep/inspection finished by 03/11/16
Picked up in Fremont on 3/19
VIN: 128018

Or get a second!

WOW! When I went in on 3/5 to place my order in the Monterey SC, my Owner Advisor Nikki said she was pretty sure I would get it before the end of the qtr. Then I started working with my DS Justine in Fremont, who called me this am to tell me my MS will be ready for pickup 3/26. I have to admit I was skeptical I would get it 1st qtr after many nights of reading the forum. Tesla really working hard on getting our cars out to us. AND going to happiest place on earth tomorrow with grandson for his first Disney trip. That's a lot of happiness!!

MS70 ordered 3/5; confirmed 3/5; VIN 133130 assigned 3/7; estimated delivery Late March-April; entered production 3/17; Tentative Delivery appointment 3/26; I live in Central Valley so it definitely helps that I get to pick up in Fremont with the factory tour.

1 week countdown begins

I have a Model S 70D, VIN 133159.

Ordered on 3/6
Confirmed on 3/7
VIN On 3/8
Production on 3/17

Looks like our cars are on the same run!

Reactions: anth2312
Andre: pics? your car is basically same one i ordered..

Only have a few pix. Will probably take a drive tomorrow and take more.

stWoMpjsK43ByqJ0O_y46j9e9sHZCcJ3Fd9cobREywqv-v7T1HAcxC-CAExQbde_-yIRsP54NCorkGC3H63_YLJyjE7EV7JDj51K6nVXf72gf_C0oKS-gKAg3OJWueKT2lIe7Hf8Jjps_r8wRJHKwNjceE_tCVDzHGwVH2nvTkhnycUHKCLGf9RVVixV44gR3KKnYt87hkAnWhn8TSET7aa-wPPDj-v4gf-1nE-NvHkawwltzmFdCpk-jyfXkdN3q6wK4tawSIAAxvmbWIhmydTto9RI1g71LRBSaTq7VXIzwYr3FOLS6q5GC-n_dEj143ZZ1zE3j5GQLwG3uc4gkQSM7VQ0GZo2842yZ5PEhlrzzl5rGOQaGuADn5FRHSK_DCUjyMPWbeHc-vUe5fUdTFWX4mgyAJ-P2tfIROerRa0nA0HDaBfVN1ROAyKcvpPukuHC3pRCj7f2DFXjTywNfIP0FpcuwFdPYhAaja321e1GBBdAsP_qNIhR0qs4bL2lu9Y0pEJ9pyGZ09_1_iTU3ToWquhJU4fdyRlResx6OOIRuV2bgkeDXzZai9pjH8jojZ4k=w1332-h749-no

Hi lucky guys in the States...

I'm in Switzerland and ordered my 90D Feb 2nd... and production of my car obviously did just start :-/

Does anyone know about delivery time outside US ?

Welcome on board! There are a few others in Switzerland that have tracked their car using this spreadsheet: Model S Order & Delivery

Maybe that helps you a bit?

Enjoy!

Reactions: Silverpnt01