Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@GregTexas I agree with you on the USS and radar, as the alternative Teslavision has not been made available, so who knows what will be the better solution in the end. Will tell you though that after driving the car for about 3 weeks, I am not missing the stalks. At all. I had not expected to be saying that...

Given that there are currently no cameras or sensors with visibility in front of the front bumper, the vision alternative will not be able to perform at the same level as the USS solution with sensors.

Given that there are currently no cameras or sensors with visibility in front of the front bumper, the vision alternative will not be able to perform at the same level as the USS solution with sensors.
If one keeps looking for perfection for every issue then you’re not ever going to be able to purchase any car. At some point you have to pull the trigger and enjoy what there is available. 😉😁😉

Thanks for putting that up Bob. I appreciate your sharing it. I'd love to hear any more comparisons you could share.

I just saw you had posted this, @msnapper .

I think my 2022 must have been made on a Friday afternoon. As I've posed on TMC before, the hatch was poorly aligned. The finish work on the body around the hatch was poor. I'm really not sure how much of the misalignment was due to the hatch and how much might have been due to misalignments in the body itself. The PPF ahead of the rear wheel on one side was not properly affixed, and even the reapplication by the service center was a bit off. I know I would have done a better job. The acoustic strip at the rear of the front fenders (visible with a flashlight when the frunk is open) was loose on the 2022.

My 2023 feels more solid overall than my 2022, though, admittedly, I've been a little busy, and haven't driven it much since I have yet to apply the PPF I ordered from Drive Protected. The 2023 paint application looks superior to the 2022—thicker, deeper, and shinier. Of course, while I love both Tesla reds, I prefer the Ultra Red over the Multi Coat Red. I like the silver TESLA letters on the hatch. The bezels on the rear screen are thinner on the 2023 than on the 2022, and, of course, there are no ultrasonic sensors in the bumpers of the 2023.

I noticed the aftermarket (TESBROS) mat I bought for the under-trunk in the 2022 doesn't quite fit the 2023 properly, but given that it's of little consequence in this location, I made it work. The top mats fit fine.

Best wishes!

Last edited:
So, for these taking delivery of a HW 3 used car in the near future, chances are high if you sign up for the Beta monthly subscription, you will be able to update to the latest Beta firmware 11.3.6

Notice I said HW3 and used, no sign that new cars with HW4 is getting anything new yet per Teslafi.

I initially had a 2021 MS LR that I gave back to Tesla after a long list of problems with my car. I ended up reordering a 2023 MSLR and on delivery day noticed carbon fiber trim on one of the doors and a significant glass defect on the same door. I ended up rejecting the car. I am a huge fan of Tesla but at some point they need to look deeper into their quality issues. How this left the factory and passed inspection at the SC is difficult to comprehend.
d4baf66d-85a9-4aca-8247-90885e67fd24.jpeg
b94ea52e-3247-43a1-9c0f-814e80f42d4c.jpeg
1cc6ffc3-6e13-4ffa-80ff-4be6aa50a7eb.jpeg

I initially had a 2021 MS LR that I gave back to Tesla after a long list of problems with my car. I ended up reordering a 2023 MSLR and on delivery day noticed carbon fiber trim on one of the doors and a significant glass defect on the same door. I ended up rejecting the car. I am a huge fan of Tesla but at some point they need to look deeper into their quality issues. How this left the factory and passed inspection at the SC is difficult to comprehend. View attachment 940633View attachment 940634View attachment 940635

Inspection at the SvC? You mean the multi point inspection you can't get a copy of?😁

Good on you for doing the right thing and rejecting.

There's a glut in inventory, and more coming. In my opinion you should not be dinged for this reject, so reject again if needed.

Reactions: VikH and Laddcruzer
I initially had a 2021 MS LR that I gave back to Tesla after a long list of problems with my car. I ended up reordering a 2023 MSLR and on delivery day noticed carbon fiber trim on one of the doors and a significant glass defect on the same door. I ended up rejecting the car. I am a huge fan of Tesla but at some point they need to look deeper into their quality issues. How this left the factory and passed inspection at the SC is difficult to comprehend. View attachment 940633View attachment 940634View attachment 940635

Unfortunately, this has been happening (mismatched door trim) to Tesla's for a while now. It amazes me it occurs without anyone in the factory or SC noticing.

Reactions: zoomer0056
Unfortunately, this has been happening (mismatched door trim) to Tesla's for a while now. It amazes me it occurs without anyone in the factory or SC noticing.
We had this happen too. I can only think it is intentional and they figure they will correct down the line. All in an effort to sell as many units as possible at almost any cost.

We had a panel in the back that was White in our Cream car. It was completely obvious. Even at delivery our sales guy played dumb. "Wow I cannot believe we missed that"

They fixed it at our house about a week later but still disappointing. This will be the first and last Tesla we buy until a documented noticeable change in quality/service occurs with Tesla.

They fixed it at our house about a week later but still disappointing.
So strange that this could happen. I has to cost more to get it wrong like this than to fix the manufacture process. It happened at the plant and they thought the SC would not notice. Passed it on the to the SC hoping the customer would not notice. Normal for Tesla, normal and unacceptable.

Last edited:
So strange that this could happen. I has to cost more to get it wrong like this than to fix the manufacture process. It happened at the plant and they thought the SC would not notice. Passed on the the SC hoping the customer would not notice. Normal for Tesla, normal and unacceptable.
My thought process was there is a bin of interior parts on the assembly line and when one is missing they just grab what they can find to keep it moving!