Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Production completed July 7.

Then likely has arrived, and the estimated dates are based off of time to unpack/inspect the vehicle to get it ready for delivery. That can take a couple days seemingly. And hopefully doesn't have any issues as have seen some people have had longer delays due to some defect on delivery to the pickup location. Regardless, shouldn't be long, I'm jealous :)

Almost there....

Model S 75 - Scottsdale, AZ delivery - VIN 150842
Midnight Silver Metallic Paint
Body Color Roof
19" Slipstream Wheels
Black Next Generation Seats
Dark Ash Wood décor
Black Headliner
Supercharger Enabled
Autopilot
Premium Interior Package
Rear Facing Seats

Ordered 6/27
Confirmed 7/4
VIN 7/5
Prod Start 7/20
Estimated delivery 7/27 - 8/3
Scheduled delivery for 8/1

Spoke to my DS on Sat (7/23) and she said that the car should be arriving Weds/Thurs (7/27 or 7/28). Since I'm out of town for the week we setup a delivery date of Mon (8/1).

Applied for financing the same Sat (7/23) with Alliant and got word today Monday (7/25) that I'm approved. Requested the final MVPA and sent it over to Alliant.

Can't believe I'm out of town thereby extending the torture of my wait!

Reactions: javawolfpack
Almost there....

Model S 75 - Scottsdale, AZ

Ordered 6/27
Confirmed 7/4
VIN 7/5
Prod Start 7/20
Estimated delivery 7/27 - 8/3
Scheduled delivery for 8/1

I have a Model S 60D w/ the same dates for order/confirm/VIN but sadly I still haven't gone into production, but hoping I'm not far off... but glad you are nearly out of the insanity :) I've been constantly refreshing the MyTesla page today as estimate that today/tomorrow are likely when it will go into production... so full insanity mode here :)

I have a Model S 60D w/ the same dates for order/confirm/VIN but sadly I still haven't gone into production, but hoping I'm not far off... but glad you are nearly out of the insanity :) I've been constantly refreshing the MyTesla page today as estimate that today/tomorrow are likely when it will go into production... so full insanity mode here :)
I feel for you.... after the car went into production things did seem to go faster.

Reactions: javawolfpack
Here is my checklist for my delivery on Wednesday. Anything else you recommend before we drive off:
AC
Heat
Cig Lighter / 12V
Charger
phone app
All lighting in and out
wheels / tires
paint
all doors (open close)
all windows (open close)
Speakers
front and rear trunk (Power lift gate)
every feature of the keys
Car pool lane stickers
Quick Connect Phone Dock
USB ports

Here is my checklist for my delivery on Wednesday. Anything else you recommend before we drive off:
AC
Heat
Cig Lighter / 12V
Charger
phone app
All lighting in and out
wheels / tires
paint
all doors (open close)
all windows (open close)
Speakers
Car pool lane stickers
Quick Connect Phone Dock
USB ports

Rubber bumpers on interior surface of hood.
Test your UMC. (EDIT: That's probably what you meant by "charger")

AC
Heat
Cig Lighter / 12V
Charger
phone app
All lighting in and out
wheels / tires
paint
all doors (open close)
all windows (open close)
Speakers
Car pool lane stickers
Quick Connect Phone Dock
USB ports

De-badge, son. :0)

For the record, the only automatic email I got during the whole process was the one when my order was confirmed and my VIN was created. I never received the automated email when my car entered production, when it finished production, when it reached the SvC, or when my final delivery date was set. I don't know if a DS has the ability to disable those emails. If so, mine probably did because I was bugging him to death with questions. But if not, I wouldn't rely on the automated emails to track your car through the process. The MyTesla page seemed to update for each step of the process, though.

Confirmed 7/7
VIN 7/7
Entered production 7/25
Spreadsheet updated

IF they can hold my car at the factory I am flying there Saturday August 6th for a tour and pick up. I would then drive back to Illinois via Mammoth Lake, Moab, Estes Park and then home on the flat land.

If not I will get the car in Chicago in 2-3 weeks.

Last edited:
AC
Heat
Cig Lighter / 12V
Charger
phone app
All lighting in and out
wheels / tires
paint
all doors (open close)
all windows (open close)
Speakers
Car pool lane stickers
Quick Connect Phone Dock
USB ports

Not sure how detailed you want to be, but this guide by @Nickjhowe has a pretty extensive checklist of things to check before leaving (not sure how many of these are issues still on the newer models), and the guide is available in a newer book form for purchase. I've enjoyed some of his YouTube videos about the Model S and ownership, if the ebook provided updates (or an upgrade price) might be worth having... I think with how fast the Tesla vehicles change that it'll be out of date soon after you buy. Still the checklist & some things to check before driving off are really comprehensive and worth looking over & are there for free!! Seemingly a combination of this community & the author putting it all in one place.

For the record, the only automatic email I got during the whole process was the one when my order was confirmed and my VIN was created. I never received the automated email when my car entered production, when it finished production, when it reached the SvC, or when my final delivery date was set. I don't know if a DS has the ability to disable those emails. If so, mine probably did because I was bugging him to death with questions. But if not, I wouldn't rely on the automated emails to track your car through the process. The MyTesla page seemed to update for each step of the process, though.

Oh, my My Tesla page does now say "in production" as opposed to "in the production queue". But there's no update to delivery estimate yet.

Maybe not the right spot but looking for real world feedback on when the financing stuff happens.

I pre-applied with Alliant, approved 100% but that was on 7/6 when I ordered.
7/13 confirmed and VIN# issued.
I haven't gone in production yet and DS says "within 2 weeks" which seems pretty long since we are on 12 days already.
I never received papers, confirmation, or anything else after that phone call with Alliant.

2 different Alliant reps haven't answered emails since.

I know, I know. Be patient. I just don't want "delivery is this week!" And surprise, issue with pulling credit again or financing.

Give me mental support all!!!!

:)

Maybe not the right spot but looking for real world feedback on when the financing stuff happens.

I pre-applied with Alliant, approved 100% but that was on 7/6 when I ordered.
7/13 confirmed and VIN# issued.
I haven't gone in production yet and DS says "within 2 weeks" which seems pretty long since we are on 12 days already.
I never received papers, confirmation, or anything else after that phone call with Alliant.

2 different Alliant reps haven't answered emails since.

I know, I know. Be patient. I just don't want "delivery is this week!" And surprise, issue with pulling credit again or financing.

You should be hearing back from them. Call often. It's your money and credit that are on the line, so you should bug them until you are satisfied.

Reactions: Cnasty

If we're going for mental support... I'm freaking out a bit seeing folks with order/VIN dates after mine w/ 60 & 60D Model S (I expect the 75/90 to be prioritized in the queue) who have entered production or already taken delivery and yet mine appears to still just be in the queue. I'm guessing it's some obscure part difference, like my choice of seat or other detail... but still going a bit nuts. I had expected it to go into production Friday w/ most vehicles going into production on average ~12 days after the VIN was given... so short story if MyTesla isn't available it's due to me causing a denial of service through refreshing the page.

If we're going for mental support... I'm freaking out a bit seeing folks with order/VIN dates after mine w/ 60 & 60D Model S (I expect the 75/90 to be prioritized in the queue) who have entered production or already taken delivery and yet mine appears to still just be in the queue. I'm guessing it's some obscure part difference, like my choice of seat or other detail... but still going a bit nuts. I had expected it to go into production Friday w/ most vehicles going into production on average ~12 days after the VIN was given... so short story if MyTesla isn't available it's due to me causing a denial of service through refreshing the page.
Ordered 6/22. 33 days and still not in production. You, unfortunately, are not alone.

Ditto for me.