Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picked up my 90D yesterday. The markings are Good Year M+S 245/45R19 98W. I took some photos this morning of the tire and tread pattern as requested. Hope that helps.

IMG_9125.jpg IMG_9126.jpg IMG_9128.jpg IMG_9130.jpg

th (!) still debating with insurance and Tesla whether the car is totaled
Eeeeeeeeek!!!!!!!

"Your estimated delivery window is August 4, 2016 - August 18, 2016"

I am assuming from California to Texas is on a truck??

I could seriously get my car next week?!?!?!!

Deep breath, temper expectations...patience continuing..... :)

Did you pay for it? Basically, they don't ship to Texas until you pay-in-full.

If you have a great score, you can ask Alliant to consider that fact instead of pulling again if the process takes longer than 30 days. That is what I did. When I realized my 30 day window was going to expire I called my guy Alliant and basically said "look dude, you know I have a great credit score. Can you please extend my application so you dont create a 2nd hard hit on my score as well as costing me another $10 to thaw my security freeze. He told me no problem and took care of it. Funny after the 30 days expired I got the standard form letter from Alliant telliing me that I would need to reapply as my application had expired. I called my guy and said "HEY YOU TOLD ME THAT I WAS GOOD TO GO" and it turned out I was. I now have possession of my car and my loan and only the 1 hit on my score for the single application for credit.

Just an FYI for others considering a loan. DCU loan is good for 45 days

I'd love to pay for it but I havent heard back from Alliant after multiple attempts.

Your DS will have to send the MVPA to Alliant. The copy that is or will be on your MyTesla page will not work, Alliant requires that the document come from Tesla directly. I would suggest that you find a contact at Alliant that is reliable and place your DS in contact with them directly. At some point MyTesla will prompt you to make your payment. This is the balance due at delivery after Alliant loan funds are applied to the MVPA value. Make this payment ASAP as it does effect when your car goes on the truck (at least I believe it did for me).

We've had our car 18 days now and have been to Yellowstone and back. Hold on a few more days and driving your MS will make you forget that you had any delivery anxiety.

Your DS will have to send the MVPA to Alliant. The copy that is or will be on your MyTesla page will not work, Alliant requires that the document come from Tesla directly. I would suggest that you find a contact at Alliant that is reliable and place your DS in contact with them directly. At some point MyTesla will prompt you to make your payment. This is the balance due at delivery after Alliant loan funds are applied to the MVPA value. Make this payment ASAP as it does effect when your car goes on the truck (at least I believe it did for me).

We've had our car 18 days now and have been to Yellowstone and back. Hold on a few more days and driving your MS will make you forget that you had any delivery anxiety.
It's not too quiet true that they won't accept it from you. My DS doesn't have a clue who I'm working with at Alliant, Alliant doesn't have a clue who my DS is. I was the one that started the loan from start to finish. My DS emailed me the MVPA and I emailed it to my alliant guy. My Alliant guy said "great. Whens a good time I can call you to finish up the loan?"

God bless! Let me know how they are in wet please. Could be quiet perhaps. Thanks!!!

I just completed a long road trip (5k miles) on the new Goodyear tires. The conditions were mostly dry and hot, but I did get to drive in some low temps and rain. All around I would grade them a good to excellent tire. They are very quiet and smooth, between the tires and the dual motors/traction control the grip is incredible (417 hp should make a car more of a handful). I would not grade these tires good in standing water/hydroplaning conditions. I have no experience with any other tire on this car but so far this is my only complaint about the tires. Wet road grip is good and I am pretty sure the open heavily grooved tread helps.

I sent my Alliant rep the copy of the MVPA in my documents (on My Tesla page). He said that was all he needed.

Reactions: Austral
It's not too quiet true that they won't accept it from you. My DS doesn't have a clue who I'm working with at Alliant, Alliant doesn't have a clue who my DS is. I was the one that started the loan from start to finish. My DS emailed me the MVPA and I emailed it to my alliant guy. My Alliant guy said "great. Whens a good time I can call you to finish up the loan?"

Same here, I ran the loan process from start to finish, however the MVPA from the MyTesla page was rejected by my Alliant loan officer and I was told the document would need to come directly from my DS. No need to tell me that what I said wasn't true, everyone has a different experience after all. I was simply trying to help Cnasty get his car as quickly as possible.