Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@tslaaustin that is a shame. I think I would have also accepted the car despite the flaws. I am very detail oriented (used to be an aircraft inspector/mechanic) so I'll also be going through with a fine tooth comb. I've bought 3 new vehicles in my life* and all were in mostly great. I only hold tesla to the same standard as any new vehicle (*Mazda,Toyota, Hyundai)

Until those minor issues get fixed yet your best to forget them and enjoy your new Tesla model S!

Reactions: DIL
@tslaaustin that is a shame. I think I would have also accepted the car despite the flaws. I am very detail oriented (used to be an aircraft inspector/mechanic) so I'll also be going through with a fine tooth comb. I've bought 3 new vehicles in my life* and all were in mostly great. I only hold tesla to the same standard as any new vehicle (*Mazda,Toyota, Hyundai)

Until those minor issues get fixed yet your best to forget them and enjoy your new Tesla model S!

I decided to do extra scrutiny after spending so much time on this forum, reading good/bad/ugly stories.
I just found 2 more alignment issues and will be showing them to my DS tomorrow. I dont know if these alignment issues are due to the defective parts or defective install but Tesla seriously need to look into their quality. Quality is going to to cut in to their margins if not addressed in timely manner at the root.

So far enjoying the driving. Its definitely an Awesome car.
Seats are little firm for me. I am hoping my body will get used to the seats as i continue driving.
I will have detailed review after a week of driving.

I already used Super Charging and surprisingly saw the charging speed go little over 300miles/hour.

I don't want bring up being military to Tesla at this point because I don't want them sort of "guilted" into going out of their way. I'm just a normal customer expected normal treatment.

Awesome to hear their appreciation. I'm so lucky to be in while the country supports us. I have the utmost respect for Vietnam vets. They are a class all on their own.
First off thank you for your service. Our military is the best in the world, by far due to it's men/women.
I am interested in seeing your delivery and how relieved you will be :) Mine was delivered last week and it is amazing! The long wait was forgotten immediately once I sat in the drivers seat. But it is an anxious time because the car is just so great. This is not like waiting on your Nissan Leaf to come in. It is the "ultimate driving machine" :)
Ironically , CA. residents seem to wait longer than East coasters. And by the way I had NO problems at delivery, hopefully yours will be the same.
Good luck.

I decided to do extra scrutiny after spending so much time on this forum, reading good/bad/ugly stories.
I just found 2 more alignment issues and will be showing them to my DS tomorrow. I dont know if these alignment issues are due to the defective parts or defective install but Tesla seriously need to look into their quality. Quality is going to to cut in to their margins if not addressed in timely manner at the root.

Seats are little firm for me. I am hoping my body will get used to the seats as i continue driving.

I already used Super Charging and surprisingly saw the charging speed go little over 300miles/hour.
Sorry to hear your delivery mess. For whataver reason some cars get thru inspection with these alignment issues. The paint,swirls etc..... sound like the delivery center did a terrible job prepping. Inexcusable! But you anxiously wait it's tough to not take the car with you.
Hopefully they correct all issues (Tesla is good at this)

This stinks to hear especially in Austin. I didn't have any issue besides possibly a tire sensor thing I am finding out about now and will get it checked unless I truly have a leak.

I will say, the seats are fantastic imo and man is that leather on the steering wheel the most soft and amazing feeling leather ever? It is for me in any car I've had.

Reactions: Chopr147
I do like that steering wheel :)
The seats are a little hard but maybe will soften over time. I thought the seat was hurting my neck but realized it's the hard accelerating w/o putting my head back before punching it. :(

Good for you ;-)
My bottom does hurt with the seats. I am also thinking they will soften ovetime. I will give it a week or so before i jump on buying a nice soft cushion for my seat.

Was at the store today when the truck arrived. Caught a glimpse of the unload:
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Reactions: dehydratedH2O