Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone who ordered prior to 9/15 and hasn't cancelled in favor of an inventory car is being stupid. I just cancelled my 70 one day before delivery, turned it into a 70D, and still saved $4,000 after the lost deposit is calculated. All because I purchased an "inventory" car.

The funny thing about the inventory car: It hasn't even shipped from California yet. Its brand new.

Anyone who ordered prior to 9/15 and hasn't cancelled in favor of an inventory car is being stupid. I just cancelled my 70 one day before delivery, turned it into a 70D, and still saved $4,000 after the lost deposit is calculated. All because I purchased an "inventory" car.

The funny thing about the inventory car: It hasn't even shipped from California yet. Its brand new.

I considered this but I havent been able to find any of the great deals everyones getting. The most I can see on there site is around 6-7k discoun and most of the cars are bare on upgrades.

6-7k is great if I didnt have to lose 2500 deposit plus destination fee waiver for a car with out the options that I want. I need PUP and SAS. I also noticed all the new inventory cars dont have the center console and I dont think have the rear cup holders with USB.

I took a look around based on the other threads, but I don't see anything configured comparable to what I'm getting or even a thing at all anywhere around where I live. So, I'll lose the 2.5k and presumably have to pay to get it shipped from wherever there are inventory cars. So, net net, maybe I save a little bit on a car that isn't configured the way I want. Am I missing something? It doesn't seem stupid to me.

Reactions: Japxican

If I could find an inventory car that was close to what I ordered then I would probably do this (given my car hasn't started production yet).

With that being said, is it fair to consider:?

- 60D @ 100% of charge given the 75kwh battery = 60kwh
- 75D @ 90% recommended charge = 67.5kwh

So while the 75D has a significant discount right now, it is only a 7.5kwh upgrade which doesn't impact range much and isn't the same config that was originally ordered? My current opinion is that it isn't worth changing colors/options over.

If I could find an inventory car that was close to what I ordered then I would probably do this (given my car hasn't started production yet).

With that being said, is it fair to consider:?

- 60D @ 100% of charge given the 75kwh battery = 60kwh
- 75D @ 90% recommended charge = 67.5kwh

So while the 75D has a significant discount right now, it is only a 7.5kwh upgrade which doesn't impact range much and isn't the same config that was originally ordered? My current opinion is that it isn't worth changing colors/options over.

You are spending a good chunk of change either way. I would rather get the options I really wanted rather than settling, especially when as you state, its not much of a range upgrade (since you can charge to 100%). You still get the acceleration and Supercharge speed of the 75D.

Well, I did order before 9-15 and did not see an inventory car that was upgraded and better than the 60D. At delivery today representative confirmed I can charge to 100% without degradation. The only mess up was the Alliant Financing. We were approved but nobody followed up to have loan documents prepared. Still allowed to drive off with the car but will handle execution over email. According to loan rep. Alliant is swamped with business. They will try to sell you GAP insurance but you can turn it down.

Now the car is wonderful. Drove around about 80 miles before going home. Charging was real easy, navigation is fantastic and for a 60D more than enough power for this geezer. Autopilot is not updated still 7.1 so I will wait for update. Slacker Radio is great.

Falling in love with my car.

• Love
Reactions: singleview
Picking mine up 9/27/16 :)

Nice!! Just picked mine up today. The first one delivered from Dania they said.

It's great, I love it. But I'd say the difference in the feeling of the speed is small from P85DL to P100D. About 1/2 as much as the feeling I experienced from the P85 to P85D. But I still love it, and regardless of the feeing, I know it's quite a bit faster.

There's this console thingy now. I think it will be convenient, but it looks a little plastic-y. I think I like it though.

Overall, super happy...can't wait to put some more miles on it tomorrow!!

Nice!! Just picked mine up today. The first one delivered from Dania they said.

It's great, I love it. But I'd say the difference in the feeling of the speed is small from P85DL to P100D. About 1/2 as much as the feeling I experienced from the P85 to P85D. But I still love it, and regardless of the feeing, I know it's quite a bit faster.

There's this console thingy now. I think it will be convenient, but it looks a little plastic-y. I think I like it though.

Overall, super happy...can't wait to put some more miles on it tomorrow!!

Sounds like you are saying you got a P100D (without the L), is the the case? Or is yours including Ludicrous?

Just wanted to share my experience, as it seems like it went extremely quick!

I ordered a Model S custom build on Wednesday, 9/14, and confirmed that evening. Completed Tesla Financing application that same evening. I got a VIN assigned about 90 minutes after confirming. I received financing approval and offer on Thursday, 9/15. My Tesla Model S entered production on Sunday, 9/18. Production finished in the early morning on Tuesday 9/20. It's now in prepping for delivery and delivery is scheduled for Saturday 9/24 in the afternoon. 9 days, 23 hours from initial order to final delivery for a custom build is quite impressive!

Build configuration: Model S 60, Deep Blue Metallic, body-colored roof, 21" Grey Turbine wheels, Black Alcantara Headliner, Dark Ash Wood Décor, Black Next-Gen seats, Autopilot, Premium Upgrades, Air Suspension.

• Informative
Reactions: mikes_fsd and EinSV
Just took delivery of my S75D this morning at the Tysons Corner service center.

I originally ordered a 60D but was able to 'upgrade' to a 75D for $1k thanks to the end of quarter shenanigans.

The car was in perfect shape, I went through the whole checklist but couldn't find anything wrong with it. And it has the rear cupholders/USB ports.

The car is frigging amazing. I don't know what else to say. I'm coming from a 4 cylinder Acura TSX, so my biggest challenge is going to be not getting a speeding ticket :)

My only gripe is that the sound system is a little underwhelming even at 11 (not even as much volume as my Acura). I should have gone with the UHFS but oh well. I assume cranking the equalizer will help some? I've only tried streaming audio from my iPhone - would other music sources have more oomph?

Anyway, big #teslagrin.

Attachments

• IMG_4693.JPG
    IMG_4693.JPG
    404.4 KB · Views: 87
I took a look around based on the other threads, but I don't see anything configured comparable to what I'm getting or even a thing at all anywhere around where I live. So, I'll lose the 2.5k and presumably have to pay to get it shipped from wherever there are inventory cars. So, net net, maybe I save a little bit on a car that isn't configured the way I want. Am I missing something? It doesn't seem stupid to me.

I
Just took delivery of my S75D this morning at the Tysons Corner service center.

I originally ordered a 60D but was able to 'upgrade' to a 75D for $1k thanks to the end of quarter shenanigans.

The car was in perfect shape, I went through the whole checklist but couldn't find anything wrong with it. And it has the rear cupholders/USB ports.

The car is frigging amazing. I don't know what else to say. I'm coming from a 4 cylinder Acura TSX, so my biggest challenge is going to be not getting a speeding ticket :)

My only gripe is that the sound system is a little underwhelming even at 11 (not even as much volume as my Acura). I should have gone with the UHFS but oh well. I assume cranking the equalizer will help some? I've only tried streaming audio from my iPhone - would other music sources have more oomph?

Anyway, big #teslagrin.

Congrats!
Can you tell me how did you get the upgrade to 75 for $1000?