Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Again,

I've been endeavoring to keep this spreadsheet up to date, and recently went through to see how many of the gaps may be due to people who just don't post on the message boards anymore. Keeping that in mind, there are very few signatures who have not gotten a delivery window--specifically:

236, 698, 957, 1013, 1136, and 1278.

I have not looked at these people's configurations yet to see if there's anything in common.

This is out of 197 Sigs and SSLs who have checked in in total, and 6 who haven't posted in months (M.I.A. in the spreadsheet). The percentage of those not contacted with a delivery window who are on this forum (net of M.I.A.s) is a remarkable 3.1413%. It's mostly remarkable in that it's essentially pi (π).

Assuming 1000 US Sigs, we can expect that approximately 31 have not been given windows yet.

Being able to figure out stuff like this is the reason I wanted to include people without windows yet in the main spreadsheet. I guess as long as this isn't done, I'll keep trying to maintain mine. I may lose interest after my car is delivered, though!

Sounds like circular reasoning to me . . .

The last sigs and the first Ps are mixing delivery dates. This was to be expected. You will have some Ps being delivered before Sigs, either based on logistics, financing and turnaround of paperwork, or potential configuration. P174 is an early Nov delivery, while Sig 1058 may be on the same date or later.

But alas, in four weeks time, everyone will be a P and all this discussion will be for naught.

The last sigs and the first Ps are mixing delivery dates. This was to be expected. You will have some Ps being delivered before Sigs, either based on logistics, financing and turnaround of paperwork, or potential configuration. P174 is an early Nov delivery, while Sig 1058 may be on the same date or later.

But alas, in four weeks time, everyone will be a P and all this discussion will be for naught.

Nah, it'll drag out until at least the end of the year, due to the Canadian Sigs.

What color is your car? I went by the Dania store yesterday and there were at least 4 cars I saw in there getting prepped for delivery -- 3 whites and a silver. They all looked great, so whichever one is yours you're going to be extremely happy!

It's the silver one. I wanted to go down and take a look, but the adult in me said "You've waited for years ... be patient for one more day :) I'll get to see it (and drive it) tomorrow!!

- - - Updated - - -

Is the cubby a "we owe" item from Tesla? I really want one.
I seem to recall that one or two folks got a cubby with their car. Does anyone remember who, because my ownership experience rep is telling me that no cubbies have been delivered and I'd like to prove to him that isn't the case. Any help would be appreciated. Thx.

Any delivery window is a good delivery window!

FWIW my delivery window ends on Friday 10/12 and I haven't heard a word.

Sig #517

My delivery window ends Friday 10/12 also, and we have not heard anything either! Our contact says he won't know anything more than a day in advance, but it should be ready soon. I feel a little bit in the dark here....wondering if the delivery date will be extended.

My delivery window ends Friday 10/12 also, and we have not heard anything either! Our contact says he won't know anything more than a day in advance, but it should be ready soon. I feel a little bit in the dark here....wondering if the delivery date will be extended.

That was pretty much what I was told also by Ben B. when I spoke with him a couple of weeks ago. Basically he doesn't know anything until the car is ready to deliver. He sounded a little frazzled when I spoke with him. I don't see any point in bugging them for updates - it's not going to make the car arrive any faster.

My 10 year old daughter asked if I need to be home to sign for the Tesla when it comes. I think she expects UPS to drop it off or something. :cool:

- - - Updated - - -

Also I don't know if the rest of you do this, but I find myself checking timdorr's spreadsheet several times a day to see if my car has been delivered yet.

Only "several times" !

- - - Updated - - -

How did S-1299 jump ahead to get a VIN past 965 - 1298 ? Being S-1092 that bugs me a little ( just jealous is all ) :redface:

Tell me about it! I've been keeping a daily tally of people with higher reservation numbers that have gotten delivery dates. I'm making a list (think Steve Buscemi's charater in Happy Gilmore).

Steve Buscemi - YouTube

Sig 939, performance