Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I also got off the phone with my owner advisor. It's $2k extra to upgrade from AP1 features to Enhanced Autopilot (which I was all over).

He also said there would be a delay of delivery (a few weeks), which seems odd. Are they not producing any cars until the AP stuff is ready? My VIN indicates they are about to start production any day now. I'm a little confused by those statements, but we'll see what ends up actually happening production-wise.

I also got off the phone with my owner advisor. It's $2k extra to upgrade from AP1 features to Enhanced Autopilot (which I was all over).

He also said there would be a delay of delivery (a few weeks), which seems odd. Are they not producing any cars until the AP stuff is ready? My VIN indicates they are about to start production any day now. I'm a little confused by those statements, but we'll see what ends up actually happening production-wise.
That makes sense as to why my car hasn't shipped yet. It was out of production almost 2 weeks ago and is still in california. I was literally on the verge of calling my ds and telling him I'll just fly to cali and pick it up lol

Well I decided that i'm going to take a loss of the 2,500 of what I put down on the p100D and build a whole new one, different color and all options besides the seats. I was going to just accept the car and trade it in for for the 2.0 update but realized that i'd probably lose 20k on it, if not more. It sucks that I ordered it in September and than they announced it a few days after my car was already out of production but owell! It's worth the wait!! Starting from day one again since I put the new order in a few hours ago!

I got lucky

Attachments

• IMG_5494.jpg
    IMG_5494.jpg
    188.2 KB · Views: 136
Well I decided that i'm going to take a loss of the 2,500 of what I put down on the p100D and build a whole new one, different color and all options besides the seats. I was going to just accept the car and trade it in for for the 2.0 update but realized that i'd probably lose 20k on it, if not more. It sucks that I ordered it in September and than they announced it a few days after my car was already out of production but owell! It's worth the wait!! Starting from day one again since I put the new order in a few hours ago!

Well done! I was in a similar position. Placed an order of a Model S 90D the last of June. The car was produced, shipped to Holland, on it's way to Sweden when I canceled the order to make a new order on a Model S P100D.
Confirmed the new order the last of August, took a loss of around USD 1900 from my previous order.
The P100D went to production the 16th of October, and just got it confirmed from my DS that it will be equipped with the new hardware!

Estimated delivery late dec/early jan 2017.

Reactions: Ghost8785
I received an Email on October 22 asking if I'd like to upgrade to AP2.0 and responded yes the same day. It hasn't shown up on "My Tesla" yet, but I'm not surprised. And I was told by my salesperson that there's no cause for concern. I expect that the 5 business day delay to be a reasonable expectation.

I received an Email on October 22 asking if I'd like to upgrade to AP2.0 and responded yes the same day. It hasn't shown up on "My Tesla" yet, but I'm not surprised. And I was told by my salesperson that there's no cause for concern. I expect that the 5 business day delay to be a reasonable expectation.

Changes like this after ordering don't show up on My Tesla, maybe ever. I upgraded to P100D and premium seats and only one of them finally updated in My Tesla. Didn't stop me from confirming and reconfirming :)

I also received my upgrade query on Oct. 22. I guess they mass emailed. Still considering. Right now I'm thinking Yes to EAP and No to Self Drive. The EAP is probably only a few months off. The self drive appears to be years off. A lot can happen in a couple of years.