Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Need some help (information). My MS 90D status changed on My Tesla to "Your Tesla is currently in production" back on 10 Feb 17. It's now 19 Feb and my status is unchanged. Now the factory is closed for the next 10 days...SMH.

Has anyone heard of it taking this long for the car to be in production? The last word I got from Tesla on the phone was that my car will be delivered to GA between 1 and 13 March, however this was before it went into production.

Need some help (information). My MS 90D status changed on My Tesla to "Your Tesla is currently in production" back on 10 Feb 17. It's now 19 Feb and my status is unchanged. Now the factory is closed for the next 10 days...SMH.

Has anyone heard of it taking this long for the car to be in production? The last word I got from Tesla on the phone was that my car will be delivered to GA between 1 and 13 March, however this was before it went into production.

Based on data I track, production of MS has data showing Days in Production anywhere from 0 days to 49 days. Mostly under 7 days, however.

Based on data I track, production of MS has data showing Days in Production anywhere from 0 days to 49 days. Mostly under 7 days, however.
Thanks bonaire. I just got my update email TODAY telling me that my production is now complete (10 days total for me). And now I'm seeing the delivery date range on my My Tesla page showing me a date range of March 12 to March 26 to Atlanta. I checked out the tracker and the avg. time from Production complete to delivery is about 20 days to GA. I can't wait to see my baby in person. :)

Reactions: avesraggiana
My frustration with the wait is despite five weeks since confirmation, I don't even have a VIN number. (MS75 confirmed 1/22). My DS assures me all is on track and I'm due for late March delivery to Van Nuys, CA. A little news would make waiting easier. Charge outlet installed and all is ready to stop buying gas.

@BruceR61 I would be frustrated as well. I know Tesla builds based on delivery distance from the factory maximizing quarterly deliveries but I don't know why they would not at least follow some similar pattern of updates.

2-7-17 6:27pm Thank you for your order
2-15-17 3:10am Your order has been confirmed
2-15-17 5:14am Order Confirmed. Preparing for Delivery
2-15-17 6:23am Your Tesla Has a VIN

2-27-17 My Tesla still showing What's Next? Your Tesla order has been confirmed and scheduled for production in our factory

Hi, in case this helps. I'm in the Northeast and ordered early Jan '17 and it shows "Late March" for delivery from the start.
Got VIN 10 days later and production began mid-Feb. At this point it changed to "Late March-Early April."
It sat in production queue for about 72 hours then went to "Your Tesla has been built and is in transit from the factory" and the ETA changed to "Estimated Delivery Range: March 5, 2017 - March 12, 2017."

This is my first post here although I have been gleaning a lot of information from reading these threads. Here is my situation:

I placed my MS order on Dec. 25 and it is currently in the eternal "Schedule for Production" state, estimated delivery February - Early March.

I unfortunately seem to have fallen into the 'suspended production' hole so to speak, and hoping that Tesla, as they claim, will still be able to keep to their schedule. Rather than getting delivery toward the earlier part of the estimate that's been the case sometimes, it seems that the latter part of the estimated time is now more realistic.

I find it curious that there is such a large window of uncertainty in the delivery time - approximately 2 months plus or minus 2 weeks. That's an uncertainty of about 50 percent!! Certainly not numbers what an efficient, streamlined production ought to have. This certainly contrasts with the ordering and buying process.

A few thoughts so far:

I am quite happy with what I know so far about the Model S, having test driven one and being a passenger on others. However I can't help thinking that there is some "irrational exuberance" in play here.

It is certainly not quieter (maybe even more noisy) than my current Lexus nor any more comfy to drive. I'll grant that it will beat the Lexus in the more extreme driving though - and perhaps in other amenities.

At the current cost of gas and electricity here the equivalent MPG is only about 50-60 (charging at home), not a significant amount more that a good hybrid car.

I'm not sure what the DS is for while I am waiting for delivery. He/she doesn't seem to offer any more info than the little that I see on My Tesla. No insights on production, delays, etc.

At any rate, I am eagerly awaiting delivery which I hope will be sooner than later and hoping to be properly proselytized.

Reactions: henderrj
At the current cost of gas and electricity here the equivalent MPG is only about 50-60 (charging at home), not a significant amount more that a good hybrid car.

I definitely am in the same boat about the lack of information - a key to good customer service - but I assume the car will come by the end of the quarter so they meet their estimates. But, this statement is just wrong. The best MPG of a large hybrid, like the MB or other similar heavy luxury sedan, is under 20MPG. Maybe if you are comparing this to a Prius plug-in but this is no Prius. I currently average 20MPG with a MB 550 engine using premium gas .Based upon my average 25,000 miles per year, using premium gas, I have estimated I will spend $850 on electricity for the year rather than approximately $7,000 in gasoline. I think this equates to far more than 50 MPG - more like 90-100.

This is my first post here although I have been gleaning a lot of information from reading these threads. Here is my situation:

I placed my MS order on Dec. 25 and it is currently in the eternal "Schedule for Production" state, estimated delivery February - Early March.

I unfortunately seem to have fallen into the 'suspended production' hole so to speak, and hoping that Tesla, as they claim, will still be able to keep to their schedule. Rather than getting delivery toward the earlier part of the estimate that's been the case sometimes, it seems that the latter part of the estimated time is now more realistic.

I find it curious that there is such a large window of uncertainty in the delivery time - approximately 2 months plus or minus 2 weeks. That's an uncertainty of about 50 percent!! Certainly not numbers what an efficient, streamlined production ought to have. This certainly contrasts with the ordering and buying process.

A few thoughts so far:

I am quite happy with what I know so far about the Model S, having test driven one and being a passenger on others. However I can't help thinking that there is some "irrational exuberance" in play here.

It is certainly not quieter (maybe even more noisy) than my current Lexus nor any more comfy to drive. I'll grant that it will beat the Lexus in the more extreme driving though - and perhaps in other amenities.

I'm not sure what the DS is for while I am waiting for delivery. He/she doesn't seem to offer any more info than the little that I see on My Tesla. No insights on production, delays, etc.

At any rate, I am eagerly awaiting delivery which I hope will be sooner than later and hoping to be properly proselytized.

You're in LA - you should definitely see it by 3/31/2017.