Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
DS called to schedule a tentative delivery on Sept. 25 in Fremont. He said that the car is in pre-production. Online still says "Your Tesla order has been confirmed and scheduled for production in our factory." with Late September - October delivery.

Order placed 08/24
Order confirmed 08/27
Tentative delivery 09/25

Bay Area Resident
Model S75D
Order Placed-8/2
Order Confirmed-8/5
Production-still scheduled for production
DS-aiming for delivery 9/29
APH2listed

they're gonna wait til the last minute for california deliveries. they're still trying to squeeze out as many europe/east coast deliveries as they can. It only takes ~24 hours of production to build a car so they can push the CA ones to the last week of sept.

Last night, I got the best news that one can get after the submission of your custom order and that is...

"Your Tesla is currently in production."

As you can imagine, I was stoked! Called my DS and they said that they have me scheduled for next Sat (23rd) to take delivery of my car! I am grinning from ear to ear right now and can't wait for the delivery day to finally come.

Bay Area resident-

Order Date: 08/06
Confirmation Date: 08/09
In Production Date: 09/14 (may have been 09/13)
Scheduled Delivery Date: 09/23
Fremont Delivery Center

I'm not seeing where it says APH2 or 3 with the Options Decoder. I just see APPB Enhanced Autopilot and other non related options under "My Options".

No APHx option at all? You should see something like this:

x.jpg

I'm working with an owner advisor. I get very low response to correspondence. I live 5 miles from my Tesla office, so I drop by. I find him sitting in the office. I am supposed to pick up the car Tuesday PM. The web site says I'm 5/6. He says that's no problem. I got an email from the Tesla loan dept a week ago giving me approval and rate. The web site still says something like documents received.

This is an update. On Monday morning the site was correct. I made the rest of my down payment with no trouble.

I took delivery right on time and the car, a blue 100D with white interior, is a dream.

I took delivery right on time and the car, a blue 100D with white interior, is a dream.

I'm planning on upgrading my 85 to a 100D before the end of the year and that is the same color combination I want to get. The only thing I can't decide on is the wheels. I have 21" on my 85 now and suffered one blowout from a pothole and a couple of minor rim rash scars from curbs. Which wheels did you get? If you got the 21" wheels or the 19" grey wheels then, can you send me a picture of your car?

• Love
Reactions: sach32
IMG_0941.JPG
I'm planning on upgrading my 85 to a 100D before the end of the year and that is the same color combination I want to get. The only thing I can't decide on is the wheels. I have 21" on my 85 now and suffered one blowout from a pothole and a couple of minor rim rash scars from curbs. Which wheels did you get? If you got the 21" wheels or the 19" grey wheels then, can you send me a picture of your car?

I went with 19". I like the ride, the range and the look. Best of luck with whichever you choose.

Got an update from my DS last night, my car is now in the “Factory Gate Routing” stage which means production is complete and end-of-line inspections were all passed!

MyTesla still says "In production" though the expected delivery date range has changed from "Late September - October" to something a little more specific, like "September 24 - October 8. (Which I believe is an indication of production completion.)

My DS says, the car is currently expected to arrive at the Cleveland SC on 9/24 with a deliver tentatively planned for 9/25. So far, the production timeline perfectly matches everything the DS told me last month!

75D, ordered 8/10, confirmed 8/13, VIN issued 8/14. Production started 9/12, completed 9/16, Delivery is expected 9/25.

Reactions: mandersen
Finally got the email from DS that the car has been built and in transport. Ordered 08/26, Confirmed 08/29, Production Start 09/13, Finished 09/16 and in transit 09/17.
I have the delivery date of 09/30. Could have been 09/25 but conflicts with other plans and waiting anxiously for the car to arrive.

hi everyone.

purchased an inventory car vin 211099 on Sep 8. DS emailed me yesterday saying it should be another week or two and ill have my car. is it normal for it to take up to 3 weeks for a prebuilt car to get to Chicago. (car is in California)

thanks!
It seems they load trucks by region. So I wouldn't be surprised if the delay is waiting for production cars ordered from the Chicago region to be built and loaded into the same truck that your car will go on.