Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Took delivery this past Friday and Dan Chilcott was my DS as well. He was awesome throughout the whole process and the new Fremont delivery center is pretty cool!

IMG_0711.JPG
IMG_0714.JPG
IMG_0752.JPG

Mine tells me the same.. I am picking up Thursday. Still shows APH2 and in production, but was out of production last week. My DS is Dan Chilcott. You?

Scott Burry. He has been pretty good so far.

Btw - my online status now shows "Your Tesla has been built and is in transit from the factory." with an estimated delivery of Sept 26 - Oct 3. I am still hoping to pick it up today, Sept 25.

Last edited:
It was always APH3 for me. Ordered on 8/24, confirmed 8/27. However, my OA forgot to add the referral code and then applied it before the order got confirmed. For a long time, it was showing Pay Per user SC, but now its changed to Free SC.

Great looking car!! Did you get the PUP? If not did you still get the three point adaptive led turning lights? Another thread going on where people aren't getting the now standard lights.

I was told by DS last week that they are expecting cars to arrive on 9/25. Hopefully that truck has both our cars!

Ordered 8/20
Confirmed 8/23
Production started 9/13
Tesla in transit 9/19
Scheduled delivery 9/28

MS 75D

Update:
Looks like Tesla has delivered vehicles to Springfield NJ. Hopefully delivery can be pushed forward.

MyTesla site
9/25 Tesla being prepared for delivery.

Delivery day for me! Anyone in New Hampshire or anyone else who will have their Tesla delivered via closed carrier transport should read this.

I've had my delivery scheduled as today for a few weeks now. I was told to expect a 5pm delivery. My DS advised me that the delivery driver would contact me either day of or a day before the actual delivery. Last night at 8pm the delivery driver contacted me. He let me know that I was the first of two NH deliveries scheduled for today and to expect him between 9am and 10am. Fortunately, I was able to shuffle around my work schedule to accommodate the new time. At around 9am I get a call from the driver and he said he was running late and would be there around 11am.

Once he arrived the entire process was seamless and very easy. He unloaded my new Tesla and then had me pull my trade in (Honda Civic) around for him to inspect. He conducted a complete inspection of my trade in noting any and all dings, dents, and scratches. This was a very through inspection and took him about 15min. He found things I had not even noticed. While he was doing the inspection I removed my plates and attached my temp plate to the Tesla. After that was finished we did the paperwork (very easy) and I was off! Overall 34 days from confirmation to delivery.

Other Delivery Notes:
  • Q: Why was the driver late?
  • A: He arrived at Tesla in Dedham at 6am to pickup the two Teslas he was delivering to NH. He conducted the same very through inspection on both vehicles before loading them into his trailer. He was delayed because he noticed two small manufacturing defects on the Tesla that was not mine. He then had to wait 2hrs for someone from Tesla to get in so he could document the issue. They do not get in until 8am (normal business hours).
  • Q: What manufacturing defects did he find on the other Tesla?
  • A: While he was loading my trade he asked me to get into the trailer and look at the front of the other Tesla. He asked "Do you see anything wrong?". I looked for a good 15 seconds before he game me a hint. He said look at the bottom right. So I got down and see that the under body of the car that is supposed to be flush with the bumper is about 1cm off. It looked like a good whack would have snapped it into place. He then asked me to took at the left side of the bumper. I look for another 15 sec and don't see anything. He then points out a very faint "ribbing" on the edge of the bumper. There were maybe 20 0.5cm lines barely visible about 1cm apart. By barely visible I mean I could have owned that car for years and never noticed.
  • Q: Why did you not pickup your Tesla in MA? It's only an hour away
  • A: New Hampshire does not have any sales tax. For traditional "dealerships" they have ways not to charge sales tax for NH buyers. However, since Tesla does not have dealerships I would have needed to pay MA sales tax if I had picked it up. Tesla offers free delivery for NH to save their NH customers from having to give money to a state they don't live in.
Bottom line: If you Tesla is being delivered by Intercity Lines (the trucking company) know that your Tesla is going to get a very through inspection from the delivery driver. After observing the minuet defects he spotted on the other Model S I had 100% confidence that mine was completely fine on the exterior.

Paperwork:
  • There was a black folder in the Tesla that included all the paperwork I will need to register the Tesla at the town hall.
  • The black folder also included all of the paperwork from Tesla that I needed to sign to take delivery. There where very convenient Tesla branded post-it arrows indicating where I needed to sign and date.
  • I also needed to sign paperwork from the transport company.
  • There were documents to sign for both my trade and the Model S.
Android App Activation:
  • About 1.5 hours after delivery I tried the android app and it was not working. I emailed by DS and told him that my vehicle had been dropped off. He got back to me in 10min and said that he had marked my car as delivered and that the app should start working within the next hour.
  • I tried the app and it was working right away.
  • Tldr: If your app is not working yet it is because they have not checked a box on their end. Email/call your DS and you should get access immediately.
Steering Wheel Defect:
  • While driving I felt a small raised surface on the left part of the steering wheel. When I looked at it there was a small piece of fabric/stitch that was not tucked into under the wheel. I let me DS know and he said he is going to get me into contact with service for a fix.
  • I attached an image of the left and right of the steering wheel. This is such a minor problem and looks like it can be easily fixed by Tesla. I bet some people won't even be able to see the issue in the pictures.
Overall Experience:
  • My overall experience has been fantastic! I have no complaints.
  • My DS was sick last week (had an auto reply set for his emails). When I needed an answer more quickly I emailed my SA and he got back to me within 10min to let me know my DS was out sick and that he would connect me with another member of the team to help me. Very good customer service.
  • The wait was absolutely worth it. It is amazing!
  • No issues with an Ez-Pass sitting on the dash.
  • Can't wait to continue exploring the features of my new Tesla!

Images of delivery and steering wheel defect: https://photos.app.goo.gl/sIMVkWQ4xuojfRnD2
n357DuUKbo0P6mw9ki9MkLoE60CFtn-tze9FBmsJgnBb1bvHqTRUWtKsWLxulpzOUGRttVU0xGGoqAq1KK1uhA_DiS8UkkXtG8mmPC1DuuV7xI_PKLLUE5Wx6kShr5R6bTsBs6OLRnA1X1JJSzbq4n49_hi5FO8CRGwKcCpfNfOm9wJTaqicgPzrJWIESpVPE8vZ8M29IERtBQE_jc8AOKy1Nt-uwkwFPE7QnZ84XCy3bPXdTHLUOlQvxb6R9if-oq0rWFvVYI0Wum_e4NyQjBJXaep8O_gHZlL96ag1hcQf9GGnJjV1aAPSlje0WuVrH8bc0-I3oBgGGLYzlcxguiRveMt67sbrTZNXhXJeKdrp6GrVZR7kSAP40iSKi4SyMTedkfTSGjcCuANk9baa8ehOnag1LwBzdfGPTD-xVLemeukI0F2bvlgv7uzQ8Cgr8dcV04t78j5_7jei63-rAi7auX1J3IjDsHjSu675W3D7nvR2SSKsSvnV8vXKuu8b5nXY0mxZqkTB_1yefWDovh4cc2t6gQ9nEbzgweVln3DUsY6aW2_ThEJcBJLGpMp7jbBZlPeR5PGh7UgzV1dufjP8uO6kT9j3ACxbQxcm2b4=w1034-h775-no

Reactions: mazeminder