Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Model S - Custom Order
Ordered: 9/23 (Delivery timeframe: Late November)
Confirmed: 9/26
VIN: 9/27 (Delivery timeframe updated to: December/January)
Went in production around 11/15
On train to Birhimgham, AL around: 11/21
Scheduled for delivery at SC in New Jersey: 11/28
Earliest Delivery date: 12/5

I am travelling so will pick it up in couple weeks.

As mentioned on another thread as well ... it looks like there are a lot of deliveries in the coming weeks so Tesla has rented out a section at the International Centre in Mississauga and will be delivering from there.

I, along with other members on this forum have got a call recently from their DS saying the following:

"In regards to your pick up I am excited to announce that Tesla is hosting a year end event and it will be taking place at the International Centre. This will be a great experience for you! I am excited that you will be a part of it."

Looks like most of us will be picking up our Tesla's from here.

Just got back from service centre at Lawrence. It's packed with ppl and cars! No parking space, show room also full of cars, scary . haha

Reactions: Olds442
what-if-i-told-you-that-its-worth-the-wait.jpg

DS emailed me today indicating I need to renew my license plates to transfer them to the Tesla. They don't expire until April 1. Anyone else experience this? I live in Illinois.

This wouldn't normally be a problem, but I would need to get an emissions test. There are no testing facilities in Chicago, so this would be a pain.

DS emailed me today indicating I need to renew my license plates to transfer them to the Tesla. They don't expire until April 1. Anyone else experience this? I live in Illinois.

This wouldn't normally be a problem, but I would need to get an emissions test. There are no testing facilities in Chicago, so this would be a pain.
maybe because you need to get the illinois "EL" plates? just guessing really. I have to go to the sec of state as i'm not seeing how to order vanity plates for an EL plate.

Sitting in the Burbank delivery center and looking over the car and found this.

Broken tail light.

DS says the service will fix it before we complete delivery.

Fit is ok. Most of the seams line up. Nothing is far enough off that I need to send it to be fixed but none of the seams are even around the car.

My 2006 911 is even after 11 years.

Attachments

• C9D94FA2-F264-4BA2-92DB-0DF5BC9405F8.jpeg
    C9D94FA2-F264-4BA2-92DB-0DF5BC9405F8.jpeg
    338.8 KB · Views: 89
Reactions: BHCLUC