Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What a awesome day and an absolutely great experience. I got to the Tesla store in Springfield at 4:20 (exactly 20 minutes late), and was immediately greeted by Thomas. He asked if I wanted any refreshments, and quickly moved onto the car when I declined.

We spent about an hour customizing everything to my liking and then probably an additional half hour just throwing around stuff like charging theories amongst other stuff.
Before I forget to mention this, we did an extensive inspection of the car and found it to be pretty close to perfect.
Only took pictures of the outside of the car because I couldn't stop just driving it once I got inside for real.
All in all, it was a very nice experience and would encourage everyone to take advantage of the in-store delivery option if they can make it work.
Anyhow, gotta go drive my car again so enjoy the pics. IMG_20171211_174351531.jpg IMG_20171211_174357319.jpg IMG_20171211_174410860.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20171211_174343591.jpg
    IMG_20171211_174343591.jpg
    168.9 KB · Views: 63
I'm not sure why my order is not even in production yet .
Ordered in person @ the Fremont factory on 10/17/2017. Confirmed 10/20/2017. Vin Number 11/1/2017.
Status is "Your Tesla order has been confirmed and scheduled for production in our factory."
I have called my DS 4 times , he said should be finish around Christmas and ready for pick up then.
But I've been reading this thread and everyone ordered after my date are getting their Model S already.
Very sad , I hate this waiting game . What is going on >? is it because I'm close to factory , and place my order in the back of the line?
I don't understand the logic here. Someone help :(

Ordered in person @ the Fremont factory on 10/17/2017. Confirmed 10/20/2017. Vin Number 11/1/2017.
Status is "Your Tesla order has been confirmed and scheduled for production in our factory."
I have called my DS 4 times , he said should be finish around Christmas and ready for pick up then.
But I've been reading this thread and everyone ordered after my date are getting their Model S already.
Very sad , I hate this waiting game . What is going on >? is it because I'm close to factory , and place my order in the back of the line?
My vehicle was confirmed Oct 12 and did not enter production until December 4. Based on that timeline, your vehicle should enter production very soon. You are correct, however, in that yours could be delayed a little because of your proximity to the factory. They can produce yours later, and still deliver by the end of the year without shipping it. Mine was completed on Saturday, and is still in transit.

What a awesome day and an absolutely great experience. I got to the Tesla store in Springfield at 4:20 (exactly 20 minutes late), and was immediately greeted by Thomas. He asked if I wanted any refreshments, and quickly moved onto the car when I declined.

We spent about an hour customizing everything to my liking and then probably an additional half hour just throwing around stuff like charging theories amongst other stuff.
Before I forget to mention this, we did an extensive inspection of the car and found it to be pretty close to perfect.
Only took pictures of the outside of the car because I couldn't stop just driving it once I got inside for real.
All in all, it was a very nice experience and would encourage everyone to take advantage of the in-store delivery option if they can make it work.
Anyhow, gotta go drive my car again so enjoy the pics.View attachment 266141 View attachment 266138 View attachment 266139
Congrats man! Hope you're enjoying your new toy!
What date was your 100D made? Anything new/unexpected about interior? Post some inside pics! :)

same here, my est delivery range was in the wk of dec 25, that’s all i got, no other update since order confirmed. haha

I am considering getting the Xpel wrap, if anyone else is interested we can pool together and get some better pricing.
I'm planning on getting partial wrap (full hood/fenders/front bumper/mirrors/rockers) plus ceramic coating at Signature Detailing (highly rated), asap. It will run me around $3K - $3.3K depending on state of delivered paint job. Adding rear bumper/fenders and all 4 doors would run me extra $2.5K :eek:. I'm already overspent as is, but am tempted on that extra protection. What's your plan?

That price seems high?

Have you reached out to Leeburbs for a quote? They are SUPER busy, but they do an excellent job.

I'm planning on getting partial wrap (full hood/fenders/front bumper/mirrors/rockers) plus ceramic coating at Signature Detailing (highly rated), asap. It will run me around $3K - $3.3K depending on state of delivered paint job. Adding rear bumper/fenders and all 4 doors would run me extra $2.5K :eek:. I'm already overspent as is, but am tempted on that extra protection. What's your plan?

• Informative
Reactions: atsnyr
My vehicle was confirmed Oct 12 and did not enter production until December 4. Based on that timeline, your vehicle should enter production very soon. You are correct, however, in that yours could be delayed a little because of your proximity to the factory. They can produce yours later, and still deliver by the end of the year without shipping it. Mine was completed on Saturday, and is still in transit.

My apology , my order confirmed on october 17 not the 20th . Anyway , i've been waiting and hoping to see in production but nothing yet.
Did you get your Model S yet?

My apology , my order confirmed on october 17 not the 20th . Anyway , i've been waiting and hoping to see in production but nothing yet.
Still in transit. Has been since Saturday 12/9. DS indicated it was coming on a truck, but who knows. I am tentatively scheduled to take delivery this Saturday at 5 PM CST.

For anyone keeping score that's:

Ordered 10/9
Confirmed 10/12
VIN 10/27
In production 12/4
Production Complete, in transit 12/9
Tentative delivery 12/16

Model S 75 D, Chicago Delivery

From order to delivery, that would be about 10 weeks. Slightly over the 6-8 listed on their website currently.

• Informative
Reactions: TK16688
Still in transit. Has been since Saturday 12/9. DS indicated it was coming on a truck, but who knows. I am tentatively scheduled to take delivery this Saturday at 5 PM CST.

For anyone keeping score that's:

Ordered 10/9
Confirmed 10/12
VIN 10/27
In production 12/4
Production Complete, in transit 12/9
Tentative delivery 12/16

Model S 75 D, Chicago Delivery

From order to delivery, that would be about 10 weeks. Slightly over the 6-8 listed on their website currently.

Wow i'm definitely happy and jealous at the same damn time haha . I've ordered the 75D too. Please upload pics if you can :)

Wow , i don't have any confirmation from my DS or OA that it is in production , they are saying "gathering parts" whatever that mean.
Not yet... last time i heard from DS about delivery was "your vehicle is in pre-production stage", no update since then. However, OA checked my record last week, he say it looks like my car is in transit... I believe he was trying to comfort me, and he has been very responsive to my questions, so I don't want to push him any further ...

Anyhow, gotta go drive my car again so enjoy the pics.View attachment 266141 View attachment 266138 View attachment 266139
CONGRATS Cheesy23! Can't wait to get mine next week!!

Not yet... last time i heard from DS about delivery was "your vehicle is in pre-production stage", no update since then. However, OA checked my record last week, he say it looks like my car is in transit... I believe he was trying to comfort me, and he has been very responsive to my questions, so I don't want to push him any further ...

I just called my DS , he said "car still not in production but factory said it should be done by 12/26/2017 and ready to be deliver by 12/27/2017 , so he went ahead and booked me for 12/27/2017 at 3:30 PM in Fremont Factory ." has anyone been thru the same process ? not in production but delivery date is scheduled?
Thanks,

I just called my DS , he said "car still not in production but factory said it should be done by 12/26/2017 and ready to be deliver by 12/27/2017 , so he went ahead and booked me for 12/27/2017 at 3:30 PM in Fremont Factory ." has anyone been thru the same process ? not in production but delivery date is scheduled?
Thanks,
Wow, that's cutting it close. Your anxiety level must be at 120%