Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Third post on the forum so hi to all of you reading this thread! Ordered my MS 75D (white exterior and interior) on 28 October 2017. Order was confirmed on 4 November. Requested a delivery date to "asap" on the website. Estimated delivery date back in November was around mid February 2018. Somewhere along the process, my VIN was changed to J... which I understood then to mean 2018 manufacturing. A few days ago and consistent to a recent discussion with my DS, the website indicates a delivery date of end February-March (while no time estimate was previously stated online). It also says "in production".
My DS told me however that the car was manufactured and out of Fremont on Monday 8 January already.
Very happy and excited to have my car delivered. This will be my first EV. Current car is an Audi TT RS plus coupe (360HP).

Reactions: nsxpert and DIL
Delivered cars look great! We took delivery of a 75D this past Saturday, and things went great. No unveiling with a sheet, but we had a bow! The wife took the great picture here that was almost perfect if she could have fit the "A" from the wall into the frame. There were a couple of panels misaligned ever so slightly, but not bad enough to make a fuss over. I am the type of car owner that buys a new car every 2-3 years. This car is so cool, so amazing, and so fun. It gives you comfort when you want it, it gives you some get up and go when you want it, and it gives it to you all at the same time.

View attachment 269123
AHH your post is killing me. We ordered white with the turbines and the wait is killing me!!!

Hi folks. New.

I placed my order aroun 7 Dec 2018. Got my confirmation on 12/12. VIN arrived in early January, but I did not catch the exact date. Today, I finally got this update from my DS:

As of now, your car is in the pre-production stage. The most up to date ETA that the factory is giving me for when your Tesla will complete production is set for Mid-February. I’ll have a more accurate ETA once your car has entered the final stages of production. This will give us a delivery window around the very end of February or early March. If there are any unforeseen weather delays that will keep us from delivering your car on this date, I will let you know in advance.​

If that ends up correct, it’s about 3 months for delivery of a Model S to Salt Lake City. I hope that helps anyone else who is going through the extreme itchiness that one undergoes after finally placing their order...

— Ted Scarlett

• Informative
Reactions: DIL
Hi folks. New.

I placed my order aroun 7 Dec 2018. Got my confirmation on 12/12. VIN arrived in early January, but I did not catch the exact date. Today, I finally got this update from my DS:

As of now, your car is in the pre-production stage. The most up to date ETA that the factory is giving me for when your Tesla will complete production is set for Mid-February. I’ll have a more accurate ETA once your car has entered the final stages of production. This will give us a delivery window around the very end of February or early March. If there are any unforeseen weather delays that will keep us from delivering your car on this date, I will let you know in advance.​

If that ends up correct, it’s about 3 months for delivery of a Model S to Salt Lake City. I hope that helps anyone else who is going through the extreme itchiness that one undergoes after finally placing their order...

— Ted Scarlett

Great to hear! Exact same dates as me, but I live about 3 miles from the Fremont factory. DS has been....unhelpful at best. Have pinged them two times for updates, and keep getting told "early to mid-February delivery". With all the M3 production, I figured that timeframe might slip. Glad to hear something a little more concrete.

Hi Everyone! I'm new here. I juts confirmed today for a March delivery in TN. From what some of you are posting, I'm betting on mine being late March for sure. I have ordered new cars before, with the latest being a X5 50i, but A Model S is much more anticipated for me. I'm a giddy little boy right now!

Reactions: GaryW