Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered 1/4 in San Jose, reached out to my DS about delivery and she set up a delivery appointment for 3/24. I guess I'm not sure if that is a firm appointment since there is no update on production. Based on other people it seems my order is running slow. Hopefully 3/24 doesn't get pushed further.

It’s a busy 6 days too lol Electrician Thursday, garage floor epoxy Friday, Work all day Saturday and Honda Classic Sunday lol. I ordered the 75d in pearl white, 21in new turbines (can’t remember the name) kept the glass roof and black interior and added AP. My account has said “Your Tesla has been built and is in transit from the factory. Learn about your Tesla. View walkthrough videos.” for two days before the called me yesterday to schedule delivery for the 26th.
Congratulations! You are almost there! My Model S was delivered a day early and I will be picking it up tomorrow!!!! (Thurs., 2/22/18) Driving straight to the shop to get Opti-Coat Pro Plus put on and hopefully pick up on Friday or at the latest Saturday. Wow. It's time. I am ready!

Reactions: rewtenant
Congratulations! You are almost there! My Model S was delivered a day early and I will be picking it up tomorrow!!!! (Thurs., 2/22/18) Driving straight to the shop to get Opti-Coat Pro Plus put on and hopefully pick up on Friday or at the latest Saturday. Wow. It's time. I am ready!

Congrats on picking up your car tomorrow. I'm curious about the opti-coat. Can you do a before and after photo? Would like to see the results. :)

Reactions: CBPfromTN

Congratulations on your delieviers to everyone!!! Im still waiting on the official email and still have a month to wait.

CBP im also interested in the "opti-coat" your having done.

Today is the day for you!!! Enjoy your new model s! Share some pictures and feedback when you pick iit up!

"Ordered midnight silver 75D on 1/17, confirmed 1/20, VIN 1/25. Expecting late March delivery in Atlanta"
2/20: Received today from DA: Your Model S is currently under production and is being built as we speak! We could schedule your delivery for as early as Tuesday, March 20th"
The website is still showing "order has been confirmed and scheduled for production in our factory"
2/22: The status is finally updated to “Your Tesla is currently in production.”

Dima your car is right in front of mine if the DA has told me right. We'll probably be on the same train coming over.

Did your DA tell you it could be sooner if they deliver by truck in lieu of train? OP above got there's sooner for this reason probably.

He is trying to keep my expectations low. I certainly hope that it take less than approx. 4 weeks to deliver the car to ATL. No info on truck vs. train delivery.

He is trying to keep my expectations low. I certainly hope that it take less than approx. 4 weeks to deliver the car to ATL. No info on truck vs. train delivery.

I think both our cars will be shipped together; both will come off production within a day of each other and both are going to Decatur. Have you been to the delivery center there? We have only been to the Alpharetta showroom.

I finally heard back:
"At this point in time, it is looking like your car will finish up production around the end of the first week of March. Based off general shipping and preparation time once the car arrives, it looks like estimated delivery is around the 3rd week of March."

Cool!

My Telsa account still shows "Your Tesla order has been confirmed and scheduled for production in our factory."

What's Opti-Coat Pro Plus? Happy Driving the MS!

Its a clear coat polish you apply on top of the paint because i hear tesla has very soft paint which tends to scratch very easily.
This in effect protects your paint to some degree by giving it a hardness.

But from what i also hear, while opti-coat is great, having a paint protection film like Xpel is vastly superior.

So when i get my MS, its going to get a full Xpel film job on it as i want my p100d to look brand new for a very long time.

What's Opti-Coat Pro Plus? Happy Driving the MS!
Got it today! Oh wow. I only got to drive it 8 miles to the shop but I will pick it up tomorrow afternoon. Expecting MORE RAIN, ugh, so I hope I can get home without getting rained on. Anyway, here is the link to Opti-Coat Pro. I will tell you that it is what Rolls Royce and Bentley dealership here in Nashville puts on their new cars and their technicians were trained by the guy who's putting it on my car. He does Lotus, Lamborghini, Merz, Maserati and all sorts of high end cars. It makes even old cars (when prepped properly prior to applying the Opti Coat Pro on it,) shine like new. Opti-Coat Pro Coatings | Opti-Coat LLC

Last edited:
Today is the day for you!!! Enjoy your new model s! Share some pictures and feedback when you pick iit up!
Will do! Took it straight to the shop to have it coated with Opti-Coat Pro Plus and will pick it up and bring it home tomorrow. It was difficult to leave it :( after only driving it approx. less than 10 miles. Will post pix tomorrow!!! So excited and it's like driving a jet. Accelerates like a jet, drives like a dream!

Got it today! Oh wow. I only got to drive it 8 miles to the shop but I will pick it up tomorrow afternoon. Expecting MORE RAIN, ugh, so I hope I can get home without getting rained on. Anyway, here is the link to Opti-Coat Pro. I will tell you that it is what Rolls Royce and Bentley dealership here in Nashville puts on their new cars and their technicians were trained by the guy who's putting it on my car. He does Lotus, Lamborghini, Merz, Maserati and all sorts of high end cars. It makes even old cars (when prepped properly prior to applying the Opti Coat Pro on it,) shine like new. Opti-Coat Pro Coatings | Opti-Coat LLC

Any thoughts or consideration on getting XPEL in addition to the Opti-Coat Pro treatment? Am debating about doing both but it's $$$$.

Its a clear coat polish you apply on top of the paint because i hear tesla has very soft paint which tends to scratch very easily.
This in effect protects your paint to some degree by giving it a hardness.

But from what i also hear, while opti-coat is great, having a paint protection film like Xpel is vastly superior.

So when i get my MS, its going to get a full Xpel film job on it as i want my p100d to look brand new for a very long time.
I have heard the pros and cons on both products, Xpel and Opti-Coat Pro Plus and the Rolls Royce and Bentley dealership here in Nashville recommends Opti-Coat for their customers. It's a toss up and I have researched a LOT and for a very LONG time. You do have to be aware of the warranties and the requirements to those warranties holding up. Lots of maintenance in some of the products out there, like reapplying every year. I have a good friend who did the Ceramic Pro on his Porsche Carerra and he is happy with it. PLUS a lot of it depends on the person applying the coating. So many variables. I am sure, Naekuh, you will be happy with your Xpel and I KNOW I will be happy with my Opti-Coat. Good luck!

Congratulations on your delieviers to everyone!!! Im still waiting on the official email and still have a month to wait.

CBP im also interested in the "opti-coat" your having done.
Thank you! This month will not be too hard for you to wait, I am sure. This forum has gotten me thru many long days waiting for my beautiful new Tesla but finally! It ARRIVED! It will go by faster than you expect, really. As for the Opti-Coat Pro Plus I am having applied to my car, here is the link to their website: Opti-Coat Pro Coatings | Opti-Coat LLC The person doing my "application" is a master technician who is certified and is very thorough. He will inspect my new Tesla from top to bottom, front to back with LED lights and eagle eyes to be sure there is nothing that needs to be corrected by Tesla before he begins his application. There is still some prep work even though my car is pretty sweet.......there may be some barely visible scratches just from the detailing done by the Tesla detail crew before I took delivery and the paint will be as perfect as possible before the car is sealed and finished. The first coat of the Opti-Coat will adhere to the clear coat already on the car and the second coat will be applied before the first coat is completely dry and it will adhere to the first coat. The finished product is an extremely shiny finish that is guaranteed for 7 years WITHOUT having to be reapplied every 12 months to keep the warranty intact. The shine is phenomenal. I have researched and talked to people and talked to people who have had every single one of the products sold these days and finally decided that Opti-Coat is the product for me. I may also have the clear bra put on the front but still thinking about that.