Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Finally took delivery of my S75D this morning =) Long wait from the 10/15 order date but so excited to finally have it!
SO exciting! I got mine yesterday but drove it only 8 miles to the shop to get the Opti-Coat Pr
How much does this coat cost?
I paid just $1200 plus tax for this. My car looks PHENOMENAL plus the technician found a LOT of imperfections and things that needed correcting before it was applied. My car is PERFECT!!!! It's so beautiful.

Looks like several of you ordered in the last 2-3 weeks and are already in production. I'm happy for you (and a little jealous!). From what I can tell it is a geography thing. I guess it pays to be east (or at least midwest).

And congrats to those that picked up their cars this week. I hope you are having a great time!

Reactions: CBPfromTN
How much does this coat cost?
Here you go: Opti-Coat technician took this pic right before I picked it up. "Black Magic" :D
IMG_0385.jpg

Looks like several of you ordered in the last 2-3 weeks and are already in production. I'm happy for you (and a little jealous!). From what I can tell it is a geography thing. I guess it pays to be east (or at least midwest).

And congrats to those that picked up their cars this week. I hope you are having a great time!

What's the meaning behind your handle "tostanford"?

Here you go: Opti-Coat technician took this pic right before I picked it up. "Black Magic" :DView attachment 282550

WOW! That looks terrific!!! What a beautiful car!

I NEED to stay off this thread or I am never going to make it to the end of March.

This is ridiculous! I have had plenty of high end cars (mostly MB, BMW and Lexus) and I am nearing "Senior Citizenship" but I am like a kid on Christmas Eve over this stupid Tesla.... LOL!

Looks beautiful CBP. Are you going to sleep in it tonight? It's been great watching your journey and enthusiasm, congratulations on your new baby.

My original delivery date was today but has been delayed two weeks. :(
Hahaha!! I almost did, last night! I kept going out to the garage to look at it. Then I sat in it trying to figure out the stupid WiFi part. I can do anything on a computer, but I could NOT get my network password to "take." I am not quite sure what the issue is but it might be a weak signal because our garages, even tho attached, are a long way from the router, unfortunately. I did have to resort to using my iPhone as a "hotspot" to get the download but now I don't know how to find out if it downloaded or not. Still working on that one LOL. I posted on this forum a few minutes ago so I am sure some have responded to help me out. So much to learn! But I'll get there! Loving it!

WOW! That looks terrific!!! What a beautiful car!

I NEED to stay off this thread or I am never going to make it to the end of March.

This is ridiculous! I have had plenty of high end cars (mostly MB, BMW and Lexus) and I am nearing "Senior Citizenship" but I am like a kid on Christmas Eve over this stupid Tesla.... LOL!

I understand! It's kinda hard to wait for something so fabulous! You will survive but it's difficult LOL. I took delivery of mine on Thursday and drove it 9 miles to the shop to have the Opti-Coat Pro Plus applied so I had to leave it there for 24 hours even though the technician was so nice, he stayed late Thursday night to get most of it done so I could pick it up earlier in the day on Friday. It is unbelievable what it will do. I still have so much to learn but I'll get it. I love the acceleration as much as anything, it's just phenomenal when you need it, you have GOT it. It's fun, too, knowing I am not wasting gas when I do that! Sometimes you just have to do it, you know? I gave my electrician a ride in it this morning and when I turned onto a main road out of our subdivision, I gave him the 0-60 treatment. It was fun to see him hanging onto the door!!!
By the way, I too have had several high end cars, I've had 2 Mercedes (never AGAIN) and my now 2nd favorite, Jaguar XJ8 Vanden Plas. It was the only car I ever loved until now. This is just so much above all of those cars, the technology will blow you away. There's just nothing else like this, no other car....AND the best part is I rarely see any on the road! That's my favorite part. I live in a small city NE of Nashville and while there are a lot of luxury cars (Bentleys, Maseratis, Rolls Royces, Lamborghinis, etc...) I see more of those than I see cars like mine! AND, NONE of them are "it." THIS car is IT!! :D

Here you go: Opti-Coat technician took this pic right before I picked it up. "Black Magic" :DView attachment 282550

She's a beaut! I went with solid black- was a coin toss between solid and obsidian. I too will be taking mine straight to the shop- Suntek front end wrap with full ceramic coating.

Only downside... delivery was pushed back 10 days to 3/17- looks like Tesla is shipping via rail from CA to Birmingham then truck to Tampa vs totally by truck. So, the wait continues!

She's a beaut! I went with solid black- was a coin toss between solid and obsidian. I too will be taking mine straight to the shop- Suntek front end wrap with full ceramic coating.

Only downside... delivery was pushed back 10 days to 3/17- looks like Tesla is shipping via rail from CA to Birmingham then truck to Tampa vs totally by truck. So, the wait continues!

Sounds great! Not so great about delivery being pushed back. That is so weird. Makes you wonder how they decide which to deliver by truck or by rail and truck. Maybe it depends on how many are going to a particular area....has to be something like that. I know that is so disappointing. One day later than you expect is disappointing, I cannot imagine 10 more days than you expected especially when it's this close! Keep us posted and send a pic when yours is delivered and coated! Good luck!!!!

Well it was a tentative date.o_O
I think I ordered ten days behind you and it has been rescheduled for 8 March so I guess it is only a few days longer then your wait.
Like Roderick I was told it was coming via rail. I guess all the Florida cars are coming down from Birmingham.
True, all dates are estimates, but still. So disappointing. It does look like all FL cars are going from B'ham by truck. I thought mine would be as well but I forgot to ask my DS when she found out it was arriving early. You just never know. Anyway, at least it's worth waiting for! I hope you get bumped up a little earlier!! Good luck. Keep us all posted!

Lesson learned based on my personal experience, it may vary or not apply to everyone at all. First, what I was told by DS as far as delivery goes seems to be true, does not matter where in North America you order the car, they will time it so you will get your car more or less on the same day, so yes, east coast bound cars will almost always get into production first but they will be delivered at the same time as west coast bound cars. It appears that your DS has the latitude to move up or down your production/delivery schedule within reason. Do not be too concerned with the status update on the website especially the VIN thing, in my situation, they were never up-to-date, in my case, even when the car was sitting in the delivery center it still said in production, and when I had my car sitting in my garage it still said in transit to delivery center. If there is a database trigger to update status of your car, I believe it is not directly to the webpage but rather message to someone, that someone would have to manually update it. The most important thing is to have good communications with your DS and OA, BTW, your OA is your best friend, more so than anyone else. Also, if you want to de-badge your car to get a clean look, make sure you tell your OA ahead of time so it can be arranged to be done at the Service Center after you pick up your car. Last of all, the car is amazing though a bit long for my taste.

• Informative
Reactions: CBPfromTN
I’m considering opti-coat pro plus. Buff guys in Alpharetta are authorized installers with good reviews, but I don’t have any real references. Honestly, the only reason I’m considering is because of this forum. I’ve never used any paint protectors on my prev cars and some of them were as expensive as Tesla MS. I’ve heard that paint on Teslas are softer, but don’t know if it is myth or fact.

I have heard "soft paint" mentioned also which seems a little suspicious considering how advanced the car is. Why would they choose a seemingly substandard paint on a "luxury" car so carefully engineered? I will look into Buff Guys for some input on materials, prices, etc. I definitely need protection on the the front at a minimum.

BTW, checked my account page today (Sat) and still my car is still "in production". I think we will both come out of production this upcoming week, but it sounds like delivery has suddenly caused a bottleneck.

Lesson learned based on my personal experience, it may vary or not apply to everyone at all. First, what I was told by DS as far as delivery goes seems to be true, does not matter where in North America you order the car, they will time it so you will get your car more or less on the same day, so yes, east coast bound cars will almost always get into production first but they will be delivered at the same time as west coast bound cars. It appears that your DS has the latitude to move up or down your production/delivery schedule within reason. Do not be too concerned with the status update on the website especially the VIN thing, in my situation, they were never up-to-date, in my case, even when the car was sitting in the delivery center it still said in production, and when I had my car sitting in my garage it still said in transit to delivery center. If there is a database trigger to update status of your car, I believe it is not directly to the webpage but rather message to someone, that someone would have to manually update it. The most important thing is to have good communications with your DS and OA, BTW, your OA is your best friend, more so than anyone else. Also, if you want to de-badge your car to get a clean look, make sure you tell your OA ahead of time so it can be arranged to be done at the Service Center after you pick up your car. Last of all, the car is amazing though a bit long for my taste.
Are you sure you got YOUR car?o_O