TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Model S Delivery Update

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by joefee, Jul 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
The first post in this thread is a WikiPost, and can be edited by anyone with the appropriate permissions.
  1. ea_roa

ea_roa Member

Gotcha! On Monday I emailed my DA for a separate question and she said it was still in production. Hopefully it finished yesterday.

2. Reddy Kilowatt

No that is the allotted time to be in production. I think they build in a day or two incase the line shuts down. As the OP stated they just haven't updated the site.

3. Reddy Kilowatt

Oh man that's great to here that it was delivered that way. I mean it really sucks that you have the damage but better that it's on them and not you.

4. Reddy Kilowatt

The soft date is the date Tesla shows in the schedule to be the first possible date you could have the car if everything and everybody and every logistical component falls in place. Best case scenario. My DA quoted me the 19th best case yesterday. He quickly told me don't count on it. He was more optimistic the 20th was possible.

• Informative x 1
  5. Arrowpine

Arrowpine Member

Curious about a possible scenario since I am currently debating on whether or not to pay in full before delivery. Say you notice lots of issues at delivery and the car is fully paid for, what happens if you have trim, scratches, and other issues to the point you don't accept the car? If it's already paid for can you refuse the car at delivery and ask for a refund? Or will you be offered a new vehicle? Sorry if this question is poorly worded, haven't had my coffee yet :confused::confused:. Thanks!

6. DIL

DIL Supporting Member

Funny. My gut-check date that I put on my own calendar was also the 20th, trying to be realistic.

7. project880

project880 Member

If you're picking up the 20th, maybe we'll run into each other in Fremont :)

• Like x 1
  8. dcmetro

dcmetro Member

@Arrowpine - I would take the check for full payment with me rather than paying in advance. That way, you can walk out, if you notice something isn't to your liking. Like in my case, I could've told them to fix the minors paint chips before I will take the delivery of the car. They gave me that option. Just a thought.

9. PJP1532

PJP1532 Member

God's country; prettier than Racine. We moved to SC 14 years ago but we still have family and friends north. Lots of great memories skiing the UP, weekends in Door Co, Taliesin, House on the Rock, etc. But since moving we visited places new to us and we have created memories in places we would never have experienced.

Maybe there will be a few more road trips with the MS, but I will admit to a wee bit of anxiety traveling to some of the more remote destinations in SC, NC & GA. We are not flush with Superchargers here. There are Superchargers planned but not yet installed in two very key locations for us; Charleston, SC and Madison, GA. The website says they will be installed this year, we are hoping for June or July, and not December.

10. DIL

DIL Supporting Member

Ha. That would be cool. I’ll be the guy in the blue 75D with three rugrats and a big grin. May or may not be playing salsa music.

11. kirbytazzy

kirbytazzy Member

Finally "went into production today".
    S100D CNF-1/12 VIN-2/9

12. Roderick80

Roderick80 Member

So, a couple of weeks ago my delivery was pushed back to 3/17, then last week i was moved up to 3/9. Just received confirmation that 3/9 is for sure happening, so beyond excited. Gonna be a long couple of days :)

13. obie_fl

obie_fl Member

OK last delivery update for me. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
    Ordered Inventory 100D on 9 Dec
    Car arrives damaged on 18 Dec I canceled and decided to order direct.
    Ordered factory 75D on 20 Dec
    Confirmed 24 Dec
    VIN received 24 Jan
    In Production 08 Feb
    In Transit 14 Feb
    Preliminary delivery Appointment 24 Feb in Orlando
    DA called rescheduled for 8 March arriving by rail :mad:
    Come to find out the Norfolk Southern rail yard in Birmingham is backed up.
    DA emails on March 1st that they are allocating my vehicle to a truck with an earlier arrival date to Orlando.
    Called my DA Sat 3 March New appointment is Wednesday the 7th!!!
    I will say both my DA and OA have been very understanding and forthcoming throughout.
    Delivery March 7th!!!!

Exhausted after long day. Everything went perfectly with the delivery. EAP finished calibrating about half way home and it drove most of the second half without incident. I have to say the TACC and EAP exceeded my expectations. Went out to dinner and she pretty much drove herself on the local roads I wasn't expecting that. Very happy but too tired to say much more tonight. It was definitely worth the wait.

Model S 75D, Blue Metallic, Cream Interior, EAP, PUP.

• Love x 1
  14. jslanger

jslanger Member

Don't know if I'm gonna be able to sleep much tonight or concentrate too much at work tomorrow...delivery tomorrow at 4pm! Thanks again to everyone for keeping me posted on your delivery process. Helped me do something while waiting!

• Like x 2
  15. Reddy Kilowatt

Obie congratulations on finally getting your car, same set up as mine. I know it’s been a long wait for you :D

Congratulations to everyone else on the progress looks like a positive day all around

16. outie

outie Active Member

So it looks like the 2018s are being delivered. I wonder if there’s any hardware changes since December.

• Like x 1
  17. Naekuh

Naekuh Member

i demand manditory pictures of cars when you pick them up.

We hung out with you guys though all this, i think we deserve to see the car we raged together with.

I know for sure once i get my car you guys will get a picture of it.

18. obie_fl

obie_fl Member

Here ya go Naekuh.

Attached Files:

• Like x 2
  19. Goofykiller

Goofykiller Member

Seriously, they put a ribbon on it?

20. PJP1532

PJP1532 Member

Do not watch the clock - it will only make the day longer

• Like x 1
Thread Status:
The first post in this thread is a WikiPost, and can be edited by anyone with the appropriate permissions.