Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So my DS just scheduled a date of June 14 as delivery. They said that it might move ahead. This is for a Feb 14 order in Tampa S75D. The car is not even in production yet.Is this normal or happens to everyone?

@007ak, I was really hoping your car would start production this week. What are you being told right now? You are a Feb 14th order for the southeast. I am a southeast order (TN) done 10 days after you. Right now, I am being told production on mine starts the first week of May, but that is a week later than what I was told a couple of weeks ago. I'm really hoping to see yours start soon.

I just ran across an article that reports Model 3 production is being halted for 4-5 days, and the suspension does not affect the Model S and X. Maybe they can get out orders pushed out a little sooner. The following is a partial quote from The Verge:

“Tesla is temporarily stopping production of its Model 3 electric car, amid a long waiting list and several missed targets. The company, however, says the shutdown is intended to resolve some of the problems that have contributed to the numerous delays in getting the cars to hundreds of thousands of reservation holders.

The automaker said Monday it would halt production of the Model 3 sedan for 4-5 days at its Fremont, California assembly plant, BuzzFeed reported. Tesla, however, says this is part of a planned period of downtime that was similar to another shutdown in February, and it isn’t intended to have an affect on the company’s current production targets for the car.

Model S and Model X production is unaffected by the shutdown.”

Great news! That’s the second pearl white that’s gone into production today (on the spreadsheet).

My Pearl White went into production 03/28/18. Still in production...

Congratulations guys. My 3/14 confirmed order not in production yet. But it is deep blue and I live on the west coast ( Seattle to be specific). I think the build cars for Europe then east coast to west coast.

Reactions: Red5StandingBy
Any 3/16 or 3/17 folks have an update on production start (i.e. @007ak )? My DS just said my date had just been moved back into April (it was in the first week of May). I'm a 3/24 VIN recipient.
Here is what my DS SIC when I asked about my expected delivery date.
" We are now looking at an estimated delivery date of Mid-May. Week beginning on the 13th.

*Keep in mind: I will not have a more concrete date until it is assigned a method of transportation to the east coast.*

As of now, I would recommend applying for financing after the 20th of this month to align with your estimated delivery date. "

Here is what my DS SIC when I asked about my expected delivery date.
" We are now looking at an estimated delivery date of Mid-May. Week beginning on the 13th.

*Keep in mind: I will not have a more concrete date until it is assigned a method of transportation to the east coast.*

As of now, I would recommend applying for financing after the 20th of this month to align with your estimated delivery date. "

When was your order confirmed?

Mine just updated as well. The east coat folks are going into Production!

Tesla Model S 75D - Brentwood, TN - Multicoat Red

Ordered on: 2/24
Confirmed on: 2/27
VIN received on: 3/24
VIN 2536xx
Entered Prod: 4/18
Great to hear that. Hope delivery for you is quick as well. Mine is still in Pre prod.
I just have a general question for folks reading this.
I am planning to finance the car and my DS is asking me to apply for financing after 20th of this month even though the car is not in production yet. When is the best time to apply for financing? Considering that the financing quotes are valid only valid for 30 days and will have to get new quote (hit credit again) after that period. When did you guys apply for financing. After production started , Prod completed or car shipped?

Great to hear that. Hope delivery for you is quick as well. Mine is still in Pre prod.
I am planning to finance the car and my DS is asking me to apply for financing after 20th of this month even though the car is not in production yet. When is the best time to apply for financing? Considering that the financing quotes are valid only valid for 30 days and will have to get new quote (hit credit again) after that period. When did you guys apply for financing. After production started , Prod completed or car shipped?

I suggest you send an email to [email protected] along with your reservation and VIN numbers. I had some questions for my DS and was referred there. They responded promptly.

Reactions: 007ak

My DS is telling me to hold off until next week (even though production started today). That will ensure that if there any delays or issues with delivery, that I would still hopefully be within the 30 day window.

Reactions: 007ak