Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The "new" creme interior now has black floor mats. All the interior trim on the bottom is now black. In yours (and mine) it is cream.
Really?? I thought only the Model X's have black flooring with the creme. I don't mind the light color flooring. I got some samples from Lloyds and the Linen (698) is an almost exact match to the current flooring. I am still waiting for the Lloyds and 3D Maxspider mats to show up.

I called and emailed my DS a couple of times this week and had not heard back until today!

I asked about the status of the production that started a week ago and she will not give any specific on why it is taking long or when to expect delivery.

However when I told her that I have to travel for work and will not be around starting the 06/26 to 07/9, she was quick to resond that I should accept delivery by end of June and can not differ it to the second week of July (which confirm the race for the end of this financial quarter).

At the end, she was able to move delivery to Monday afternoon 06/25, but will keep my finger crossed.

Reactions: rdpsf
Really?? I thought only the Model X's have black flooring with the creme. I don't mind the light color flooring. I got some samples from Lloyds and the Linen (698) is an almost exact match to the current flooring. I am still waiting for the Lloyds and 3D Maxspider mats to show up.
I took delivery of my S two weeks ago with premium cream interior and it isn’t all black. Floor and floor mats are cream. Does get quite dirty.

I'm in the same boat. Ordered on May 21st with a late June date but production hasn't started yet. Nobody on the spreadsheet has reported a production start since last Friday.

One aspect of this may be that there is a goal to try to make enough cars (Model 3) in a day just over 715 in order to be close to 5000/wk extrapolated. 715*7.

They may have a lot of hands in the factory working to make this happen. It's a psychological metric that is a goal to try to hit by end of June, which was a promise to the markets.

I just found out my car arrived at our service center yesterday morning. I still have to wait till next week to take delivery. I went over there and got to see my car but it's going to take a week to get it prepped. They wouldn't change my delivery appointment for 6/28. However, I did see a lot of cars in the lot. More than I have ever seen there. MS, MX, & M3. Looks like end of quarter scramble in under way.

Attachments

• 20180620_134821.jpg
    20180620_134821.jpg
    338.8 KB · Views: 104
Last edited:
I just found out my car arrived at our service center yesterday morning. I still have to wait till next week to take delivery. I went over there and got to see my car but it's going to take a week to get it prepped. They wouldn't change my delivery appointment for 6/28. However, I did see a lot of cars in the lot. More than I have ever seen there. MS, MX, & M3. Looks like end of quarter scramble in under way.
Sharp! Mine arrived at the SC tuesday, expedited from CA and I'm heading up to take delivery today! Hopefully they had enough time to check everything out.

Reactions: rdpsf
So are you temped to just summon it out to you? You must have some serious patience! Happy driving next week!

Took delivery today and everything was smooth. Only issue so far is browser isnt working which i noticed once i got home. Seems to be a known issue though. Otherwise, the car is fantastic. It exceeded expectations! About 2 hr trip home. Did autopilot last 50 miles and it works great. No nags if you rest your hand at bottom of wheel. Need to get that front license plate off and send her for PPF and ceramic coating tomorrow. Great experience from order to delivery! Hats off to My DS Wes who got this car to me in less than one month and always responded to emails same day, usually within an hour or two. I know these guys are swamped with end of quarter rush deliveries. Also, the 3D maxpider floormats are the way to go, especially with cream interior. The 21's would have been the icing on the cake, but the roads around here too dicey! If anyone has any questions about the process, dont hesitate to ask.

Attachments

• IMG_5855.JPG
    IMG_5855.JPG
    354 KB · Views: 95
  • IMG_5857.JPG
    IMG_5857.JPG
    313.4 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_8912.jpg
    IMG_8912.jpg
    267.8 KB · Views: 85
  • Love
Reactions: SpudLime and rdpsf
Took delivery today and everything was smooth. Only issue so far is browser isnt working which i noticed once i got home. Seems to be a known issue though. Otherwise, the car is fantastic. It exceeded expectations! About 2 hr trip home. Did autopilot last 50 miles and it works great. No nags if you rest your hand at bottom of wheel. Need to get that front license plate off and send her for PPF and ceramic coating tomorrow. Great experience from order to delivery! Hats off to My DS Wes who got this car to me in less than one month and always responded to emails same day, usually within an hour or two. I know these guys are swamped with end of quarter rush deliveries. Also, the 3D maxpider floormats are the way to go, especially with cream interior. The 21's would have been the icing on the cake, but the roads around here too dicey! If anyone has any questions about the process, dont hesitate to ask.
Congratulations! How do the rear mats fit since they haven't update their fitment guide? I have a set already, just need the car to put put them in.

Congrats! I have yet to find floor mats that I like. I’ve ordered and returned 7 different sets. I liked the 3D max mats which I got in tan and black and carpet, tan doesn’t match, black just takes away so much from the cream. So yea I’m still searching. Haha