Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Michigan owner

After going into production last Thursday, last night (Monday) it went back to Order Confirmed. I have seen this is fairly common and I'm hoping it will update soon. Anyone else who has had this happen have any communication from their DS as to what this status really should be, maybe post-production-pre-testing? I asked my DS to call me last week and haven't heard back, but I'll give him another try.

Update: It just went to Production Complete - In Transit

For others seeing this mine was in Order Confirmed for about 12 hours and from reading the notes on the Order Tracker it seems My Tesla is not properly handling a new status of "Pending Loading"
SkyMatt70; are you taking delivery in Chicago or Cleveland ? I'm scheduled for a test drive in Cleveland next week and am wondering how other Michigan owners are taking delivery.

SkyMatt70; are you taking delivery in Chicago or Cleveland ? I'm scheduled for a test drive in Cleveland next week and am wondering how other Michigan owners are taking delivery.

Summitman7 - As of now I'm taking delivery in Cleveland. I asked my DS if picking it up in Chicago would have it to me sooner, and he said even though the train will drop it near Chicago it'll actually get to the Cleveland SC faster via semi truck than it would to the Chicago SC. As of yesterday it sits in California waiting for the train.

S85D
Ordered 4/19
Confirmed 4/26
VIN 4/27 864XX
Entered Production 5/14

Delivery Date (mytesla) Late May
Delivery Date (DS) Early June

Hoping for late May!!!

ETA "late June"

Ordered mine 5/1 at the Highland Park (Chicago) Tesla store
Confirmed 5/8
5YJSA1H41FF088733
has entered the production queue
ETA "late June"

Hoping Tesla has a great year for sales. Considering Tesla's success as a revolutionary car company that began during a severe recession says a lot about Musk and his team.

P85D, midnight silver metallic, dual chargers, air suspension, autopilot

Hello to all of you who are new to the teslamotorsclub forum. You're going to love your cars!

I'm looking at delivery of my mainland 70D is about two weeks so that I can take an epic tour of America this summer with my dog. After two years of owning my Hawaii Model S, I still break out in a Tesla grin when I see the car after washing it and the car still amazes me during my commute to work. It is so quiet on the road that I usually listen to audio books and the acceleration never gets old. Alas, with my home island being only about 35 miles in length, there's not much new territory to explore. Thus the need for the mainland Tesla. Looking forward to plugging in to a supercharger for the first time and heading out on the open road.

Summitman7 - As of now I'm taking delivery in Cleveland. I asked my DS if picking it up in Chicago would have it to me sooner, and he said even though the train will drop it near Chicago it'll actually get to the Cleveland SC faster via semi truck than it would to the Chicago SC. As of yesterday it sits in California waiting for the train.

It will have taken my car 15 days from its completion in production to show up in the Cleveland store, assuming it actually makes it there for my pickup on Wednesday, as my DS has stated it would. Waiting for the train is agonizing!

Update on our P85D

2015-04-18 : Deposit paid (thank you for your order e-mail)
2015-04-25 : Order placed (date on purchase agreement pdf)
2015-04-26 : Order is confirmed (e-mail)
2015-04-27 : Assigned VIN# 86427. Estimated delivery "Late May"
2015-05-09 : Your Model S as Entered Production (e-mail received)
2015-05-14 : Status changed to "Your Model S is in transit from the factory."
2015-05-18 : Status changed to "Your Model S is being prepared for pickup or delivery."

So, it has arrived in Arizona, and we have our pickup currently scheduled for this Wednesday.

Update on our P85D

2015-05-18 : Status changed to "Your Model S is being prepared for pickup or delivery."

So, it has arrived in Arizona, and we have our pickup currently scheduled for this Wednesday.

Wow that was quick! I am jealous. I await completion of production, than the cross country train'ssssss.

I am guessing/hoping my car is on the same train as yours was. (4/4-Ordered, 4/11-Confirmed, 4/18-Production Queue, 5/8- Started Build, 5/14 In Transit). What I found funny was that my DS actually used the Philly Amtrak derailment as an excuse for a potentially later delivery date. Unimpressed with him so far, seems much less engaged than what I am seeing others experience with their DSs.

Update on our P85D

Confirmed 4/9
Production began 5/9
Transit began 5/14
Arrived in Rockville, MD today.

(The train was in Pittsburgh yesterday morning I was told by my DS who pinged the GPS)

hopefully soon, bud

R

I am guessing/hoping my car is on the same train as yours was. (4/4-Ordered, 4/11-Confirmed, 4/18-Production Queue, 5/8- Started Build, 5/14 In Transit). What I found funny was that my DS actually used the Philly Amtrak derailment as an excuse for a potentially later delivery date. Unimpressed with him so far, seems much less engaged than what I am seeing others experience with their DSs.

My car just finished production, also coming to Miami. What do you think is a realistic estimate? I am about 5 days after yours. This waiting is terrible!

My car just finished production, also coming to Miami. What do you think is a realistic estimate? I am about 5 days after yours. This waiting is terrible!

I am going to reach out to the DS today and see if I can get any information from him. When I see other DSs 'ping the GPS' to determine location, I would think we could get better information. With ship[ping on the 14th, he is saying basically 3 weeks for delivery the first or 2nd week in June.

And I agree, the waiting is terrible.

I am going to reach out to the DS today and see if I can get any information from him. When I see other DSs 'ping the GPS' to determine location, I would think we could get better information. With ship[ping on the 14th, he is saying basically 3 weeks for delivery the first or 2nd week in June.

And I agree, the waiting is terrible.

I hope 3 weeks is conservative and it's closer to 10-14 days. Looking at FL deliveries, that is what is appears to be. Good Luck...