Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
VIN 86903
70D
Pearl White
SAS
Subzero
Pano

Confirmed April 29th - Delivery for late June

I'm stuck in the production queue but I got call from my DS saying that my build should be entering production next week. The anxiety is absolutely killing me...

Looks like they made it happen a little sooner. Car entered production today :biggrin: - one week sooner than my DS said it would happen.

My 70D (VIN 85877) entered production today as well, also a week sooner than my DS said it would. I see my VIN is a bit lower than yours but I had my DS push back production because I was selling my current car privately. Car sold - now I wishI didn't have him push it back!

Out of curiosity, is the picture in the "entered production" email a stock photo or do they actually photograph cars on the line? I would be nice to know that is actually my vehicle!

my new 70D (VIN 85495) is supposed to arrive in Seattle today. They are apparently backed up in delivery appointments and I can't actually pick it up til next Thursday.

just like with my current S60, Tesla manages to deliver a couple days before I'll be out of town and unable to enjoy the new car. (Last time it was stuck in Fremont for 2 weeks waiting for enough cars to fill a truck or something)

I hope 3 weeks is conservative and it's closer to 10-14 days. Looking at FL deliveries, that is what is appears to be. Good Luck...

DS said my car was at/in the Clovis, NM rail yard; no change to the delivery date. First week in June (hopefully early first week since I will be out of town for a week starting on the 5th). Regardless, still exciting, maybe I will have to go test drive a Model S this weekend just for fun!

They are apparently backed up in delivery appointments and I can't actually pick it up til next Thursday.

Ours entered production today. With the great Washington rush to beat the clock on the sales tax exemption, I hope that we're able to get a timely delivery. I think knowing that the car was in Seattle and we couldn't get it yet would be the worst part of the wait.

Just entered production the other day! My last car was totaled, but I think the P85D will be an alright replacement.

OldvsNew.jpg

timelines - do not get hopes up too much

Mine is supposed to go into production May 25th...hope its earlier. I suspect our cars will be delivered on the same train!

My 70D was ordered on Apr 12, confirmed Apr 19, factory started building May 7, factory completed production May 12. Throughout the process, the delivery date did not change from website's estimate of late May (east coast-MA), and DS has maintained late May/early June delivery estimate. So for those who have ordered more recently and are are seeing production complete status change - I'd just caution not to get your hopes up for an early delivery. It is probably going to Tesla 2-3 extra weeks after production complete to ship your car (as it comes by train) if you are on the east coast. But the best things happen to those who wait!

My 70D was ordered on Apr 12, confirmed Apr 19, factory started building May 7, factory completed production May 12. Throughout the process, the delivery date did not change from website's estimate of late May (east coast-MA), and DS has maintained late May/early June delivery estimate. So for those who have ordered more recently and are are seeing production complete status change - I'd just caution not to get your hopes up for an early delivery. It is probably going to Tesla 2-3 extra weeks after production complete to ship your car (as it comes by train) if you are on the east coast. But the best things happen to those who wait!

My order and confirmed dates are one day behind yours. I'm getting "soon" from my DS - been getting the same for a week now. Waiting is killing me. Car still shows factory is building your Model S on the Tesla website, even though my DS told me a week ago production was complete and it was in quality inspection. I assume the hold up is shipping to TX. Sure hope I get my car this month. Planning a vacation in it - first use of the supercharger network since we can now get out of Houston.

I've asked them to just send me a picture of the car - how hard is that?? As easy as a digital picture is to make and send - they could sure make a lot of owners happy if they would just send a pic of our new babies!