Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did you get a delivery window Lucy? Exciting!

I still have a 2 wk delivery window (October 26 - nov 9). Per the DS, car is shipped by rail to Chicago, then trucked to Minneapolis, then the 2nd charger I ordered will have to be installed, so I'm not expecting any miracles. Those are for SoCal buyers.

Thanks to all for the encouragement & psychological counseling! I'm just so happy that progress is being made, thought my blue baby got shoved into a corner by the flood of Model X orders. Hope I can get him home safely before winter really sets in.

I still have a 2 wk delivery window (October 26 - nov 9). Per the DS, car is shipped by rail to Chicago, then trucked to Minneapolis, then the 2nd charger I ordered will have to be installed, so I'm not expecting any miracles. Those are for SoCal buyers. 

Thanks to all for the encouragement & psychological counseling! I'm just so happy that progress is being made, thought my blue baby got shoved into a corner by the flood of Model X orders. Hope I can get him home safely before winter really sets in.
FWIW, my delivery window never really changed from that 2 week window until it showed "delivered" after I picked it up.

FWIW, my delivery window never really changed from that 2 week window until it showed "delivered" after I picked it up.

It's too bad that the various apps we will use to interact with our cars can't be activated immediately once they are built. We could then track the location during shipment, freeing the DS to handle other stuff. I'd sure like to watch my car as it choo-choos halfway across the country. *sigh*

Jennifer, I'm amazed that you are still haunting these threads! Such self control to not be tearing up the streets 24/7 in your new red beauty! Thanks for the tip regarding the lack of further updating on the My Tesla page, you have saved me millions of clicks over the next few weeks! :biggrin:

Last edited:
Jennifer, I'm amazed that you are still haunting these threads! Such self control to not be tearing up the streets 24/7 in your new red beauty! Thanks for the tip regarding the lack of further updating on the My Tesla page, you have saved me millions of clicks over the next few weeks! :biggrin:

Haha! Well, I took delivery Friday and then had to leave town for LV via airplane for 3 days. Missing her so much! Back later today and will get in a drive. And next time, now that I have her, we will definitely do the drive from SD to LV. Looks like a perfect one with SCs well-spaced and great destination charging once we're here.

After years of waiting... I finally placed my order on 10/2 and had it confirmed on 10/9! I need to stop checking the order status daily, since I know it's going to be a few weeks before it starts production, but I can't help myself! I had originally pre-ordered the MS before they were available, but had to cancel due to personal circumstances. Since then I've just been in awe about how amazing these cars are. I can't wait until my 85D arrives in Seattle, but alas, I have to keep waiting.

After years of waiting... I finally placed my order on 10/2 and had it confirmed on 10/9! I need to stop checking the order status daily, since I know it's going to be a few weeks before it starts production, but I can't help myself! I had originally pre-ordered the MS before they were available, but had to cancel due to personal circumstances. Since then I've just been in awe about how amazing these cars are. I can't wait until my 85D arrives in Seattle, but alas, I have to keep waiting.

we've all been there, brother. :wink:
The other order/delivery thread has a spread sheet that might give some insight to the timing between steps in the process, although with the Model X thrown into the mix I'm not sure how much historical data will hold true...
http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/showthread.php/38571-Model-S-Order-Delivery-Tracker

I'm more annoyed than anything. This morning the DS said he'd call me with updates but did not. Around 3pm I called him back and was told the car would likely NOT be ready until next Tuesday. When I asked for clarification - the problem COULDN'T be software related, I don't think - he said he would have someone "more technical than he" call me by the end of the day with an explanation and an update on the delivery date. 7pm and still no call.

I own a small business and for me the FIRST RULE for keeping customersl is to always do what you say you're going to do or at least to communicate why when you cannot.

Someone at Tesla saw my "fine whine" on FB and had the DS call me Saturday. At the time they were estimating a revised delivery date of Wednesday and offered me a loaner (!). I declined, as my issue wasn't so much that I am impatient to get the car (although I guess I am) but the lack of communication. I think that was REALLY NICE of Tesla to make that offer - at this point I'm technically not even a Tesla owner!.

This morning my DS called to say the car will be ready tomorrow. Kudos to Tesla for doing everything they could to make it right.

It's too bad that the various apps we will use to interact with our cars can't be activated immediately once they are built. We could then track the location during shipment, freeing the DS to handle other stuff. I'd sure like to watch my car as it choo-choos halfway across the country. *sigh*

In the very early days the apps would begin to work while the car was still at the factory. You could do as you suggest and track your car. Tesla had to change their process to enable the apps at delivery because people were honking the horn and flashing the lights at the factory and while in transit.

So.. .this just happened.. :D

You have fantastic taste in body/seat color! Sounds like we are taking delivery within an hour of each other (10/14 @1pm CST for me). That's awesome you got to see your new ride show up on the truck in advance. Makes me wonder if mine is in town right now too? My DS just double confirmed my Wednesday delivery this morning :)

Cheers!

Last edited by a moderator: