Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After years of waiting... I finally placed my order on 10/2 and had it confirmed on 10/9! I need to stop checking the order status daily, since I know it's going to be a few weeks before it starts production, but I can't help myself! I had originally pre-ordered the MS before they were available, but had to cancel due to personal circumstances. Since then I've just been in awe about how amazing these cars are. I can't wait until my 85D arrives in Seattle, but alas, I have to keep waiting.

I always enjoyed seeing Tesla's lined up charging outside of Safeco field after a Seahawks game.

- - - Updated - - -

My order is now in production! I'll give my DS a call in a couple of days to get an update on delivery.

It's funny the "bubbles" of Teslas you go through around here. I probably see 5-6 MS cars on the way to work every day driving over 520. Other if I'm going north or south on I5 it would be lucky to see one. I wish they were more common, but definitely rare to see more than 1 Tesla on any given trip in most parts of Seattle.

You have fantastic taste in body/seat color! Sounds like we are taking delivery within an hour of each other (10/14 @1pm CST for me). That's awesome you got to see your new ride show up on the truck in advance. Makes me wonder if mine is in town right now too? My DS just double confirmed my Wednesday delivery this morning :)

Cheers!

Sweet! What a great video. I'm still in production. They just pushed my delivery date out to November 20th. Long train across the country. At least I'll have it for Thanksgiving.

Congrats!

It's funny the "bubbles" of Teslas you go through around here. I probably see 5-6 MS cars on the way to work every day driving over 520. Other if I'm going north or south on I5 it would be lucky to see one. I wish they were more common, but definitely rare to see more than 1 Tesla on any given trip in most parts of Seattle.

Same situation where I live in Austin. Around my house I usually see at least one Tesla - and often multiple - every day. Near my office about 8 miles away, I never see any.

Delaying delivery-- tax credit question

Just postponed production and delivery by 1 month, from December to January.... It hurts, but that is the only way to take full advantage of tax credit....
It won't be getting new VIN, right?

Can those of you in this string that mentioned delaying and taking delivery of your cars in January to take full advantage of the tax credit clarify this for me? I am expecting delivery in late November / early December... is this related to the question of depreciation for a 2015 model year car vs. 2016?
Thanks.

Can those of you in this string that mentioned delaying and taking delivery of your cars in January to take full advantage of the tax credit clarify this for me? I am expecting delivery in late November / early December... is this related to the question of depreciation for a 2015 model year car vs. 2016?
Thanks.

Frankly, I suggest you ask your tax accountant for his input on the credit and which year it would be in your best interest to enjoy it. For much further reading on this matter here is a link to a juicy thread... --->>Question about the $7500 tax credit...

Lastly, the search function using "TAX CREDIT" will reveal many more topics. Be advised that no matter what you read... your tax accountant or advisor is where you should be going for advice.

Is has arrived. :cool:

2015-10-14 12.49.41.jpg

Thanks.

My guess is that since the credit is simply a reduction in your tax liability for that year, they may have known ahead of time that they would have more liability next year instead of this one to take full advantage.

FYI - Not an accountant.

Production Complete! I'm so excited. Have to wait another month for delivery, but each step of the way is so exciting! Hope it arrives early....

109396 Model S 70D | Pearl White | Pano Roof | 19" Wheels | Tan Leather Seats | Piano Black | Black Alcantara Headliner | Autopilot | Premium Interior & Lighting |

My delivery was a bit a-typical... I'd already had experience w/ the car, so I opted to not do the full song & dance. And... since I'm registering out of state, I only had three places to sign and I was done. Although, I did spend about 30 minutes there.. but most of that time was just shoot'n the breeze..

btw... Auto-pilot is very trippy, but very awesome. I'm sure I'll get more used to it with time :)

LK

Added to the waiting game :) Ordered on 10/6, Confirmed on 10/13. I talked to my DS today and currently my car sounds like its slated to enter production the week of November 16th. Not sure how well they can really estimate that kind of stuff but we'll see. #112704 for the record. At least hearing mid November for starting production it does calm my nerves so I'm not refreshing the Tesla site every couple hours.

Went with the 85D in metallic blue, pano roof, Nexgen black seats, black headliner, premium interior, carbon fiber

Added to the waiting game :) Ordered on 10/6, Confirmed on 10/13. I talked to my DS today and currently my car sounds like its slated to enter production the week of November 16th. Not sure how well they can really estimate that kind of stuff but we'll see. #112704 for the record. At least hearing mid November for starting production it does calm my nerves so I'm not refreshing the Tesla site every couple hours.

Went with the 85D in metallic blue, pano roof, Nexgen black seats, black headliner, premium interior, carbon fiber

Congrats! And welcome to TMC!