Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It looks like I have hit queue on the website but it doesnt offer expected delivery date. When does that usually show up? They tell me "mid december" but I am not sure what that means. Is there any hope of it surprising me and coming earlier? I figure they need to get out as many cars as possible before end of 2015 so that should help. I must say this is first time I am so excited for a new car!

Thanks, Jen!
I drove clear across town for garage door opener remote batteries instead of buying them at a closer spot, just for the thrill!
It was a long wait, but so worth it.

Also wanted to send along my congrats lucy! Beautiful ride...great feeling to finally get him, huh??

Funny, the other day at work, I decided to take an extended lunch and just went out for a solid hour drive in the hills just for the hell of it. So fun. I look forward to getting into that car every second.

Have fun with Elwood!

First contact from my DS today. My order was placed 10/30, it will confirm today. Delivery estimated to be mid-December to Portland, Oregon. Will go into production at the end of November. Will update the spreadsheet once I have been confirmed.

Getting excited!!

Also wanted to send along my congrats lucy! Beautiful ride...great feeling to finally get him, huh??

Funny, the other day at work, I decided to take an extended lunch and just went out for a solid hour drive in the hills just for the hell of it. So fun. I look forward to getting into that car every second.

Have fun with Elwood!

So true. I went across town for on a minor errand (across Des Moines isn't that far by Texas standards) and it was wonderful.
Going back across tomorrow, in the past I would have been grumbling about having had to run around all week long, now it's a pleasure. Thanks for the kind words and wishes!

Confirmed mine on 10/23. I called today to see, by the off chance, I could move mine from an 85 to a 90 and was told there is a fee to do so. I was hoping they would waive it since I was upgrading but no go. I expected that response, just wish it was no fee to so it. They said if I did change it to a 90 it wouldn't effect time to build. Still in queue.

Picked up my pretty blue MS at the Eden Prairie (Minneapolis) shop on Halloween [...]

View attachment 99708

great photo of a beautiful car! (maybe I'm just a little biased...)
Before finalizing my order, I was having trouble finding good pictures of the car in deep blue metallic, but then I found your pic here.
To help ease the agonizing wait for delivery of my own car, I just look at this photo every once in a while :)

My car rolled over to "the tesla factory is building your model s" yesterday afternoon, 11/5/15
Order confirmed on 10/17/2015
Vin assigned: 112992
Final order details:
S70
White
All Glass Panoramic Roof
19" Wheels - will change out to black 21" rims, after delivery
Grey Next Generation Seats
Piano Black Décor
Black Alcantara Headliner
Premium Interior and Lighting
Ultra High Fidelity Sound

Interesting. What options/colors did you choose?

I confirmed a 70d, midnight metallic, pano roof, multi pattern seats, air suspension, and premium interior. Confirmed on 10/8, still in queue.

70D, Solid White, Premium Interior, Next Gen Tan, Autopilot,

- - - Updated - - -

Interesting. What options/colors did you choose?

I confirmed a 70d, midnight metallic, pano roof, multi pattern seats, air suspension, and premium interior. Confirmed on 10/8, still in queue.

I see that you are in California. I was told to the expect delivery between Dec 15th and the new year. I think they might be producing car with longer transit times ahead of those in California.