Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Flipped over to production for me this afternoon. I am go my to pick it up at the factory instead of the closest Tesla showroom, well, just baeause I can. Good move? Didn't really research that decision. When production is finished at the factory to be picked up in Fremont can it be picked up right away or is there some delay?

When production is finished at the factory to be picked up in Fremont can it be picked up right away or is there some delay?

Depends on your definition of delay. Mine should be out of production Thursday and I'm scheduled for pick up Tuesday. DS says that they're very busy and the schedule for pick ups is impacted. This seems to add singe delay. Keep in mind that unlike picking up at a SC, the hour long factory tour probably means fewer slots for pickups than at a SC.

Erik

Delivery is getting closer. Picking up on Saturday, 11/21. It's been a long time, but I am so excited. The kids are going to be shocked. Told them we are going for a test drive. Can't wait to see their faces when they see the car they've been bugging me for for the last 4 months.

109396 Model S 70D | Pearl White | Pano Roof | 19" Wheels | Tan Leather Seats | Piano Black | Black Alcantara Headliner | Autopilot | Premium Interior & Lighting |

Flipped over to production for me this afternoon. I am go my to pick it up at the factory instead of the closest Tesla showroom, well, just baeause I can. Good move? Didn't really research that decision. When production is finished at the factory to be picked up in Fremont can it be picked up right away or is there some delay?

Wait, so there is an option to tour the factory and also pick up your new car?! I would love to do this

Delivery is getting closer. Picking up on Saturday, 11/21. It's been a long time, but I am so excited. The kids are going to be shocked. Told them we are going for a test drive. Can't wait to see their faces when they see the car they've been bugging me for for the last 4 months.

109396 Model S 70D | Pearl White | Pano Roof | 19" Wheels | Tan Leather Seats | Piano Black | Black Alcantara Headliner | Autopilot | Premium Interior & Lighting |

You, my friend, are the parent of the year!

"Your Model S has entered the production queue at our Factory in Fremont, California."

So excited! Now the agonizing wait...

Ordered 11/2
Confirmed 11/9

In Houston too, our specs looks similar except mine is white. Really wish mine pushed over to being made, was hoping it would be here for Thanksgiving..
85D-White-Gray 21"-Pano-Gray Next Gen-Obeche matte-Every option minus cold weather and rear seats