Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Took delivery this morning 11/20, only 34 days after confirmation.

Order confirmed on 10/17/2015
Production started on 11/5/2015
Production complete on 11/12/2015

Vin 112992
Final order details:
S70
White
All Glass Panoramic Roof
19" Wheels - will change out to black 21" rims, after delivery
Grey Next Generation Seats
Piano Black Décor
Black Alcantara Headliner
Premium Interior and Lighting
Ultra High Fidelity Sound

Carbon fiber rear spoiler being installed on Wednesday
20" Adventus wheels being installed on Wednesday
Window tinting tomorrow

Took delivery this morning of my p90d. The Slc service center is awesome and helped me get my car straight to the detailer for the xpel wrap. Can't wait to actually drive this beauty!
IMG_0363.jpg

I came out of production on 10/15. So it took just over a month for delivery. I believe that it went by rail to Newark, then on a truck to Springfield. Happy to help any way I can.

Very excited to get my car tomorrow!

Hope you have a wonderful delivery day!

How long did transit take for your car? I'm guessing it was moved by rail. My DS told me that their actual expected date is earlier than what they are providing to me in My Tesla, but that it's subject to weather, etc.. so they budget more time to be conservative. Which model did you get?

Ordered 10/13
Confirmed 10/20
Production 11/10
In Transit 11/17

Arrived @ DFW SC and picking up Monday!!!

What a week! I'm picking up my MS on Monday and we just delivered our 3rd child Yesterday! What a week!!

Congratulations on the birth of your 3rd! I gotta say, that's probably a little more special than the MS arrival on Monday. But if you name him/her Tesla, we'll know that isn't true.

When my wife isn't looking I will sneak "Tesla" onto the birth certificate application.

It really is amazing … the instincts of unborn children. Originally we were supposed to deliver our daughter on 11/23. "Tesla" knew to come early to make way for a pre-Thanksgiving Model S delivery for daddy!

A whole bunch of us went into production on 11/16. We're in day 5 or 6 of production (not sure if I should be counting the first day). Most vehicles coming off the line appear to be completing in 6-8 days, so I'll be hitting refresh all weekend. I added a bunch of options to my car, so I'm guessing that mine may take a bit longer than others. I'm still holding out hope that I might be able to take delivery on Black Friday, but I realize that's a bit optimistic. It looks more realistic that it'll be 11/30 - 12/4. My Tesla estimates "Late November - December" which seems to point to that week. It looks likely that it'll be here within the next 2 weeks.

Last edited:
I had a preview of what is to come yesterday when three of us drove to Calgary, AB (600km, or 360mi round trip) for the opening of the new Tesla store. My friend generously let us take turns driving, or rather, minding the Autopilot, in his P85D. What amazing technology! It took me perhaps 15 minutes to trust the car enough to relax and let it do it's thing. I was a little nervous, to say the least, with the semiautomatic lane changes. Check the next lane visually, put on the turn signal and like magic the car drifts over and locks in. If you can't pass right away, the car slows itself down to match the speed of the slower vehicle in front, then speeds back up when you do eventually change lanes.

In Calgary, the store was packed with EV enthusiasts, many of whom were S owners or X reservation holders. There were even a couple of Roadster owners. Best thing for me was being told that my 90D order would probably be delivered mid-December. Can hardly wait!

today I just noticed on My Tesla it shows Estimated Delivery of Nov 30 - Dec 14, 2015. Matches the "early Dec" that my DS told me previously.

ordered 10/26, confirmed 11/3, in production 11/11. Top of the page still showing "The Tesla Factory is building your Model S"

Last edited:
I agree PDXGIBBY the pattern seems to be around 7 days in production for most recent cars. A car by Black Friday would be amazing! Unfortunately out of town Thanksgiving weekend.

70 | Base White | Tan Next Gen Leather | 19" | Panoramic Roof | Black Headliner | Smart Air | Piano Black | Autopilot | Ordered 11/03/2015 | In Prod 11/16/2015 | VIN #1155**

Order with my referral link and receive $1,000 toward your Model S. http://ts.la/joshua8299

Ouch, sorry. I did some searching tonight and saw a bunch of people comment that the information on the Dashboard in 'My Tesla' isn't very accurate. Some people have taken delivery of their car and the Dashboard still said, "In Production." Don't fret...it'll get here.

On another note, I haven't owned an American car in 14 years. In preparation for the arrival of my first American-made car since 2002, I sold my 2012 Audi Q5. It sold pretty quickly and I ended up having to rent a car until my Tesla arrives. I am now driving a Ford Focus. It's the the biggest POS I've ever driven. I feel like it's going to fall apart every time I get it about 50mph. This experience will make the Tesla transition SO MUCH BETTER!