Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Production started 10/5. Delivered 11/21. Original delivery estimate was 11/20. The waiting is finally over!

IMG_8361.JPG
IMG_8362.JPG

Just found out my car is in transit to Portland OR!! So excited!!!

70 | Base White | Tan Next Gen Leather | 19" | Panoramic Roof | Black Headliner | Smart Air | Piano Black | Autopilot | Ordered 11/03/2015 | In Prod 11/16/2015 | In transit 11/22/2015 | VIN #1155**

Order with my referral link and receive $1,000 toward your Model S. http://ts.la/joshua8299

Congrats, Josher32. Really happy for you. I had hoped our cars would be on the same truck...but apparently not. My truck will be right behind yours. I hope you get it before Thanksgiving.

It is finally here!!!

Delivery at the Fremont Factory was great! The delivery team unfortunately screwed up a few details (put my name rather than my wife's name despite being reminded several times, dual chargers not installed, and older caucasian lady at the reception lobby was short, snooty, and rude to my family).

Other than that, we immensely enjoyed our delivery experience!

IMG_0201.JPG
IMG_0200.JPG
IMG_0206.JPG

I came out of production on 10/15. So it took just over a month for delivery. I believe that it went by rail to Newark, then on a truck to Springfield. Happy to help any way I can.

Very excited to get my car tomorrow!

Took delivery on Saturday and haven't stopped smiling since. My boys thought we were just going for a test drive. Boy were they surprised!. Delivery went very well.

This is definitely the coolest car on earth!

IMG_3356.JPG

More cars delivered in Portland, Oregon today around lunchtime. I saw three white MS's. No idea of total count.

- - - Updated - - -

None of them had any badges yet. Is that something installed at the Service Center?

The badges are there... if you look closely, you will notice that the rear and fronts of new Model S are wrapped in a white plastic wrap with greenish tape strips.... you can see the tape on your photo.

This morning My Tesla page got updated with: "Production Complete - Your Model S is in transit from the factory" :biggrin:
The estimated delivery date was previously showing as Nov 30-Dec 14, but that's now been updated to "November 27 - December 4, 2015" !!

getting closer...

Same here, switched today to "production complete". At the same moment, got a call from the DS. Pick up appointment on 12/1! So basically, everything was as originally scheduled, with "early December delivery" being 12/1.

order placed 10/9; confirmed 10/17; in production 11/12; production complete 11/23

Last edited:
That is so gorgeous. Same color I ordered...looks sooooo good. Congrats!!! Now, I'm even more excited!!

What are you using to support the weight of the UMC. It looks like you have the Tesla holder for the cable and the plug, but what about that black support for the heavy piece?