Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Congrats! I am taking delivery at the North Houston location. I live closer to the Westchase SC, but I am told they teach you about the Superchargers there and do a few other things which aren't possible at Westchase.[/QUOTE]

I took delivery at the North Houston location too. It was a great experience. Make sure to ask for the fob case and the cap. The fob is a slippery little thing and a case is really needed. They didn't have any in stock when I picked my car up (11/25/15) but hopefully they have some in by the time you take delivery. Congratulation! Hope to see you around town.

Just changed to:
"Your Model S is undergoing final inspection, detail, and charging in preparation for delivery."

The only delay may be Tesla assessing my trade-in. My DS says that they might still just use CarMax that expires today. I'm tempted to just skip the trade-in all together but I really need to exercise patience.

Mine just changed to "Your Model S is undergoing final inspection, detail, and charging in preparation for delivery."

- - - Updated - - -

I took delivery at the North Houston location too. It was a great experience. Make sure to ask for the fob case and the cap. The fob is a slippery little thing and a case is really needed. They didn't have any in stock when I picked my car up (11/25/15) but hopefully they have some in by the time you take delivery. Congratulation! Hope to see you around town.

Thanks for the tip!

Same here! Tesla was able to match my Carmax offer (much higher than Tesla offered originally). Their third party inspector finally came out to my house yesterday and confirmed the car is in good condition. I believe the final paperwork is happening right now. Crossing my fingers!

That's positive. You might get yours on Thursday. CarMax also offered 50% more for my trade-in. I'm scheduled at Westchase to confirm the trade-in condition Thursday AM. Final paperwork is due Thursday afternoon for a Friday delivery.

Maybe I'll see some of y'all either at the Galleria event Thursday or on Friday at North Houston.

Note to Elon - Texans are buying Teslas so bring on the Superchargers!

Mine was about 40% more. Definitely get the Carmax quote and have Tesla match it--they usually do.

Thanks for this. Tesla (AIM) is on the way to inspect my car Friday. I just got a certified offer from Autonation that was $1,000 more than the estimate given to me by Tesla when I first ordered my 70D. Carmax appointment on Saturday so I can have some options in case I get low balled by Tesla.

You turn off creep so that when you're sitting on a flat surface you don't have to have the foot on the brake to keep it from rolling forward. The motor doesn't have a load when its idle, so why have the computer artificially create one? With regen on and creep off, the car acts a lot like a manual.
Plus I hate having the car move without my asking it to
I got so used to the no creep that when I drove an ice I was annoyed by it wanting to drive without me hitting the go pedal

I just noticed that you have a Dedham MA delivery - as do I. You ordered an 85D the day before I did. Mine was also in production for weeks. According to MyTesla it's now in transit as of yesterday. My estimated delivery window is Dec 18 to Jan 1 according to MyTesla. I suspect our cars are in transit together even though your MyTesla page hasn't updated - but who knows.

You turn off creep so that when you're sitting on a flat surface you don't have to have the foot on the brake to keep it from rolling forward. The motor doesn't have a load when its idle, so why have the computer artificially create one? With regen on and creep off, the car acts a lot like a manual.
OK, I see. I'll try both out and see what I like, I think. I usually drive a stick shift, but whenever I've driven automatics, I've quite enjoyed the creep. Feels more like a feature than a bug to me - which in the TMS it is...

I just noticed that you have a Dedham MA delivery - as do I. You ordered an 85D the day before I did. Mine was also in production for weeks. According to MyTesla it's now in transit as of yesterday. My estimated delivery window is Dec 18 to Jan 1 according to MyTesla. I suspect our cars are in transit together even though your MyTesla page hasn't updated - but who knows.

Congrats and I hope you are right. I so want to take delivery.