Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm right there with you DCGOO - been there since 11/18. I actually emailed my DS a list of vins that have already been delivered and were confirmed 2 weeks or more after mine - some of those vins are 3,500 higher than mine. I've been assured delivery by year end but I'm on the east coast. Given the holidays I have my doubts. I'm hoping though.

Sounds like you got the same lucky draw I did. The problems with our cars were in quality control. Something wasn't right coming off the line and QC is really backed up. So if it doesn't come off the line ready to go, it turns into a huge delay.

My car just hit Denver today. I entered production on 11/14.

Sounds like you got the same lucky draw I did. The problems with our cars were in quality control. Something wasn't right coming off the line and QC is really backed up. So if it doesn't come off the line ready to go, it turns into a huge delay.
My car just hit Denver today. I entered production on 11/14.

Yeah, my DS alluded to that as well. He told me he checked. Congratulations on your imminent delivery. Perhaps the extra attention goes toward assuring us of a finely tuned product. Hope so anyway. Service Center is couple of hours away from me, as it is for RedSoxFan. Even if was suppose to take months, I would still have ordered. Garage has been cleaned out, dedicated power installed. But now my wife is parking in my spot! ...Sheldon Cooper NOT!. Lol

Happy for you!! Alas mine did not.

I suspect yours and mine will arrive at the same time in Dedham MA. My initial estimated delivery date was Dec 14, then it went to the 17th to the 31st. It came off production on Dec 8 (after being in production for 16 days) and is currently in "transit" now for nearly 2 weeks. Today I got the invoice to pay all of the upfront costs - which I payed. Then my estimated delivery immediately jumped to the 22nd - 31st - maybe I shouldn't have paid up right away... I bet in truth our cars are sitting next to each other in some lot waiting for transport and that their current status is mostly for our own entertainment while we wait.

I suspect yours and mine will arrive at the same time in Dedham MA. My initial estimated delivery date was Dec 14, then it went to the 17th to the 31st. It came off production on Dec 8 (after being in production for 16 days) and is currently in "transit" now for nearly 2 weeks. Today I got the invoice to pay all of the upfront costs - which I payed. Then my estimated delivery immediately jumped to the 22nd - 31st - maybe I shouldn't have paid up right away... I bet in truth our cars are sitting next to each other in some lot waiting for transport and that their current status is mostly for our own entertainment while we wait.

Still hoping you two were on my same truck and they are just prepping your cars. Make sure to post here when you get them. It's a mystery why some cars arrive before others.

Picked her up today. I'm really happy with how the new blue color looks.

20151218_152344.jpg
20151218_152324.jpg

Took delivery of my Pearl White S70 today. Nextgen seats, Premium Interior and AP at the Service Center "Plus" location in Buena Park, CA. Ordered on 11/24. Pretty awesome experience. Also would like to mention I inspected my paint carefully and did not find a single blemish/swirl/web/snot etc. I was impressed! Saved me a ton of time having to correct the paint myself to prep for CQuartz!

delivery.jpg

Photo of all the cars waiting to be prepped and delivered before the end of the month!
pending deliveries.jpg

I've got to wonder if East Coast (Florida) bound cars sit longer waiting for the truck. Some of those on the West are in production 3 days and even order to delivery within 2 weeks.

Mine has shown in production for 10 days and two days ago the delivery dates narrowed to a two week window of Dec 26th-Jan 9th. Status has not changed. It has to take at least 10 days getting here via truck and with the holidays delays are bound to happen. :confused:

For your sake I hope they just put your car on a truck and send it east, you've been out of production for 11 days. MyTesla still shows In Production with an Estimated Delivery of December 17-31. My DS, who has always responded promptly to emails and call promptly, has gone silent. I reached out on Wednesday and Thursday and have heard nothing. He works Saturdays and has Monday off so if I don't hear from him today it will be Tuesday at the earliest.

I've got to wonder if East Coast (Florida) bound cars sit longer waiting for the truck. Some of those on the West are in production 3 days and even order to delivery within 2 weeks.

Mine has shown in production for 10 days and two days ago the delivery dates narrowed to a two week window of Dec 26th-Jan 9th. Status has not changed. It has to take at least 10 days getting here via truck and with the holidays delays are bound to happen. :confused:

My car has been in transit for 7 days today for an Orlando delivery and my DS could only say sometime next week. I think that translates to after Christmas. At least I get to pick up while on holiday break. I can play with the MS for over a week before going back to work[emoji1]