Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Amazing how timing is everything. I confirmed 5 days later and my status is now late Feb/March. Wish I would had known when ordering...just more of the poor communication a 105k product brings by those of us who want it.

I wouldn't be so hard on the ordering or communications process. I know you know but these are built to order cars that can be delayed or even sped up based on all sorts of circumstances. Regardless...it is worth the wait. It sucks because it is like a new baby on the way but you will be thrilled no matter what you have owned in the past. Model S is a automotive orgasm the moment you take delivery. So this is just foreplay. PM me when you take delivery...and tell me I'm wrong.

I wouldn't be so hard on the ordering or communications process. I know you know but these are built to order cars that can be delayed or even sped up based on all sorts of circumstances. Regardless...it is worth the wait. It sucks because it is like a new baby on the way but you will be so thrilled no matter what you have owned in the past. It is a automotive orgasm once you take delivery. So this is just foreplay. PM me when you do...and tell me I'm wrong.
I agree waiting is worth it and that's not really my issue.. it's communication from Tesla... But they do have a plan and it is clear they implemented that plan pushing out production within 3 weeks of ordering in December. I am at the mercy of the system and when you are trying to plan it makes it difficult. Ie; selling current auto can't be done until delivery date is confirmed. Frustrating to say the least but nothing one can do.

I agree waiting is worth it and that's not really my issue.. it's communication from Tesla... But they do have a plan and it is clear they implemented that plan pushing out production within 3 weeks of ordering in December. I am at the mercy of the system and when you are trying to plan it makes it difficult. Ie; selling current auto can't be done until delivery date is confirmed. Frustrating to say the least but nothing one can do.

I hear ya...

Anecdotal evidence, which is what I read here and just sense is that right now with Telsa pushing MS production and getting MX ramped up communication is not as good as usual. I had the same issue just yesterday. About a week ago my wife gets a call to make a appointment to get our new car on the 29th at 10am (yesterday). 28th comes along and no paperwork or anything. No final number for the check even at 4PM in the afternoon. So I called the finance guy and he got the paperwork online and the final number. Remember they are 3 hours behind us. He also got approval to give a personal check which was fine. So...it all worked out perfectly but I think the issue is they are swamped.

Last edited:

how custom do you need it to be? Is it possible that you could find one close-enough from their inventory base on the east coast and go with that? Stop in at a sales site and talk to a salesperson.

Thanks, that's getting up there. It will be interesting to see a forecast of when US sales will hit the 200k mark that phases out the federal credit. My guess is we're a few years from that.

Doesn't that VIN total include European/Chinese/etc. cars? And thus they wouldn't factor into the tax credit tally for the US? Or do Teslas sold out of the country get their own VIN series?

Today was the big day. I was only able to drive my 85D for 30 miles as I was dropping off for XPEL and OptiCoat. I'll post some better pics when I get her back.

IMG_0382.JPG

@RedSoxFan18, Nice! You look very happy! Glad the factory was able to quickly build another one due to badly blemished paint job the first go-around. Enjoy it after you get it back from the paint coatings...

Just noted that estimated delivery of my Model S to Oak Park, IL narrowed to 7-21 Jan.

Last edited: