Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
IMG_20160113_151903967_HDR.jpg

Finally picked up my Tesla today from Raleigh, NC sales office.

@sumantamandal, yes that blue is very beautiful! Congratulations on getting your new Model S... have fun with it!!

- - - Updated - - -

IMG_1179.JPG
20160113_131942.jpg

My big day yesterday at Villa Park, IL Service Center... so glad this day finally arrived!!
Enjoyed the 250-mi drive home to Marion, IA via the Rockford, IL Supercharger and an 80A Wall Charger at Galena Brewing Company. On arrival home had 41-mi of remaining charge... just right. Became familiar with Bluetooth phone calling, Navigation, Traffic-aware Cruise Control and did quite a bit of Autopilot/ Autosteer driving... very cool!!
Ordered: 12/1/2015
VIN: 12/2/2015
Production Start: 12/17/2015
Production End: 12/31/2015
Delivered: 1/13/2016

Yes--we had a phone call set for this morning to go over issues/questions & he started off with the good news. All other info (MyTesla, other emails) had my delivery date as March/Early April so he got the updated info that Fremont would be ready by Feb 15. Add about 20 days to get it from Fremont to Atlanta to me. Schwing!

Yes--we had a phone call set for this morning to go over issues/questions & he started off with the good news. All other info (MyTesla, other emails) had my delivery date as March/Early April so he got the updated info that Fremont would be ready by Feb 15. Add about 20 days to get it from Fremont to Atlanta to me. Schwing!

Ok so that was not a typeO but rather the Feb 15th date is an Estimate. Hey that is good news... when will the production start? About 10 days prior?

If we look at the JAN-MAR order spreadsheet there have been 7 deliveries in 2016...

The number of days from Production Start to Delivery are: 8 8 9 13 15 20 52

The days tend to go up the further your delivery location is from Fremont, CA.

So I expect that your car will start production in Late Jan to very early February as you are on the East Coast where transit times
can run from 7 on the low end to 30 on the high end.

Recently two enclosed car carriers arrived from Fremont to Milford, CT in 7 days (loaded with Model X's).
On the long end, a few friends of mine had their cars stalled in a midwestern train yard (while on the train) which
led to a 30 day transit wait.

So anything in between those two experiences is possible.

Looking at the spreadsheet, it's pretty depressing for a few of us that ordered back in October for January delivery dates. No sign they will be produced anytime soon. Basically every European/Asian order, (including all the ones ordered after ours) have been produced and shipped before ours. That leaves a bad taste in the mouth being treated like second class customers. To order a car in October for January delivery and see virtually everyone else's car get produced and shipped before yours and push yours back to March.

Anyone successful in the past with charging back the deposit to your credit card for failure to deliver product within reasonable time-frame? Seriously losing interest in purchasing a Tesla.

Looking at the spreadsheet, it's pretty depressing for a few of us that ordered back in October for January delivery dates. No sign they will be produced anytime soon. Basically every European/Asian order, (including all the ones ordered after ours) have been produced and shipped before ours. That leaves a bad taste in the mouth being treated like second class customers. To order a car in October for January delivery and see virtually everyone else's car get produced and shipped before yours and push yours back to March.

Anyone successful in the past with charging back the deposit to your credit card for failure to deliver product within reasonable time-frame? Seriously losing interest in purchasing a Tesla.

Have you reached out to your DS? What have they said?