Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Checked this Morning. Its in Production!!!! :biggrin:

By the way, I have never received an email of progress.

same, i thought the email system had broken since the mytesla page update, since prior to that i was getting emails. so this morning i figured i would change out the contact email to one of my others then change it back. unfortunately the "change it back" part did not happen because now it says that email is in use! uargh....

W00t w00t!

same, i thought the email system had broken since the mytesla page update, since prior to that i was getting emails. so this morning i figured i would change out the contact email to one of my others then change it back. unfortunately the "change it back" part did not happen because now it says that email is in use! uargh....

Long time listener - first time caller. It could just be a website redesign. I too now see the web page as "Your Tesla has entered the factory production queue" which isn't much different than you're scheduled for production. Of course this is my first Tesla so Idunno.. :)

Yes, In production TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!! Midnight Silver metallic, Gray interior, 19" , Auto Pilot, Severe weather package, Smart Air suspension. Will take delivery in Syosett, NY when we return to our NY home from Honolulu mid April.
Ordered Tesla in October 2015. Boy what a long wait. Keys on computer for TESLA are wearing thin from checking on, researching, and watching You Tube videos of everyone else having fun.
My turn soon!!!!!!!!!!! Oops, almost forgot, 85D.

Thats awesome Art! Going from prius to tesla! what an upgrade :D

Well the Prius is my wife's daily driver, she will inherit my Volvo XC60 R-Design Turbo-6 which is just a super SUV.
A nice upgrade to the "fleet".
I have been told that hybrid owners are very often Tesla converts...
BTW, I will be putting my 1968 AMX 390 GO Pac up for auction at the upcoming Barrett-Jackson Mohegan Sun Event in June.
That will be exciting.

Congrats! I'm also waiting impatiently for my 85D to be delivered. Also upgrading from a Chevy Volt. There seem to be a lot of us Volt->Model S converts. :)

After "testing waters" of EV driving, moving to zero emission MS was no brainer! BTW Are you going to upgrade your charging from what you've used for Volt? I'm thinking of keeping my Voltec EVSE, even though it's slow charging of course (3.6Kw), compared to other options.

After "testing waters" of EV driving, moving to zero emission MS was no brainer! BTW Are you going to upgrade your charging from what you've used for Volt? I'm thinking of keeping my Voltec EVSE, even though it's slow charging of course (3.6Kw), compared to other options.

My wife gets the Volt, which we charge with the standard connector that came with the car, and installing a 14-50 for the Tesla. I would think the Voltec would take a looong time to charge an empty 70D battery. Also I've read elsewhere on the forum that with vampire losses, you end up needing a lot more extra energy to charge to cover the losses, especially with low power charging. I'm pretty sure the standard Volt connector at 120V/12A would just be enough to cover the vampire drain :)

My wife gets the Volt, which we charge with the standard connector that came with the car, and installing a 14-50 for the Tesla. I would think the Voltec would take a looong time to charge an empty 70D battery. Also I've read elsewhere on the forum that with vampire losses, you end up needing a lot more extra energy to charge to cover the losses, especially with low power charging. I'm pretty sure the standard Volt connector at 120V/12A would just be enough to cover the vampire drain :)

I'm obviously not going to charge from zero to full using 3.6Kw EVSE :) That's what superchargers are for! My typical commute is 40 - 50 miles per day, which is easily "re-chargeable" using 240V/15A Voltec in about 4 - 5 hours. I might get a 24A EVSE (currently used wires permit such load) if/when Voltec dies (actually, not much can die in this EVSE other than fuses, which I can replace). IMO not many ppl really need the fast home re-charging, as most of us are home for at least 8 - 10 hours... I also have an option to charge from 6.6kw EVSE at work, but there are sooo many EVs in our building nowadays, can rarely find a spot in the morning.

A 30A L2 (6.6KW) would work fine for most Tesla drivers, as Andre says. It's just those who want the equipment for 40A and 80A charging (dual-chargers) who really need fast turnaround. I guess they drive for Uber? Or arrive home at midnight empty and must leave in the morning at 6am or perhaps have a small TOU window where overnight charging is in such a short window of time that it re-charging at the highest speed is most important.