Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered 2/18, confirmed 2/25, delivered 3/15! Apparently 5ish weeks before quarter end is a great time to buy if you want it fast. Only problem is my electrician isn't coming until Friday to install the HPWC.

I ordered my 90D on 2/20 and confirmed on 2/27. Still in production with estimated delivery time to So Cal of March to early April. Did you order a P90D or live in Northern CA to have such a fast delivery?

2/14/16 - Order Date
2/21/16 - Confirmed
2/21/16 - VIN issued
3/5/16 - Production
3/8 - Delivery date changed to March 31st to April 16th, DS called and said Delivery should happen before March 31st
3/9 - Production completed, in transit

Have an appointment to pick up!

2/14/16 - Order Date
2/21/16 - Confirmed
2/21/16 - VIN issued
3/5/16 - Production
3/8 - Delivery date changed to March 31st to April 16th, DS called and said Delivery should happen before March 31st
3/10 - Delivery date changed to 3/20-3/27
3/16 - DS Called and confirmed Delivery to SC 3/21-3/22 - Delivery Appointment Scheduled 3/23!

Thanks for this info. I just emailed my finance guy - who has been exceptional. The wrinkle being my SC is not licensed yet to sell the car, so I can't sign on property or hand them the check. I offered to go elsewhere concerned about a delay, but was assured none would occur. So he might be able to provide more info.

At least I know where it is now:

"Your Model S is undergoing final inspection, detail, and charging in preparation for delivery."

I ordered my 90D on 2/20 and confirmed on 2/27. Still in production with estimated delivery time to So Cal of March to early April. Did you order a P90D or live in Northern CA to have such a fast delivery?

No, I have a 90D delivered to St. Louis. The status said late March to early April basically until it finished production. At that time it changed to 3/18 to 3/25. Judging by the speed getting here, it must have come by truck. And I don't think my service center had to do much to it, so pick up was quick after delivery. It seems possible they rushed the east coast and then Midwest through first, saving the quicker to ship west coast orders for later. I am sure you will get yours by 3/31, if not next week.

Have an appointment to pick up!

2/14/16 - Order Date
2/21/16 - Confirmed
2/21/16 - VIN issued
3/5/16 - Production
3/10 - Delivery date changed to 3/20-3/27
3/16 - DS Called and confirmed Delivery to SC 3/21-3/22 - Delivery Appointment Scheduled 3/23!

Wow! How did you do that? I ordered my S70 3 weeks before you did. Mine came off the assembly line 6 days before yours and has been in transit to Florida ever since (14 days and counting). Delivery windows still says "March 26, 2016 - April 9, 2016". As you can imagine, I send ehh .... a polite inquiry asking if my S fell off the train somewhere....

Wow! How did you do that? I ordered my S70 3 weeks before you did. Mine came off the assembly line 6 days before yours and has been in transit to Florida ever since (14 days and counting). Delivery windows still says "March 26, 2016 - April 9, 2016". As you can imagine, I send ehh .... a polite inquiry asking if my S fell off the train somewhere....

Might depend where in FL. Mine is going to the SC in Tampa. I've been pushing hard for a deliver before 3/25 so it's possible they did something special as well, but they didn't say.

My order was confirmed 2/28. I was looking at a late March / April delivery date, and was assigned a similar timeframe, which was just moved up to March 23 - March 30. I can't believe how rapidly this is progressing! Tesla is definitely on their game and production is rocketing along.

Seems like a hard push to deliver by the end of the quarter.
Ordered: March 12
Confirmed: March 14
VIN: March 14
Then yesterday I got a call from my DS wanting to confirm I would be available to take delivery by the end of the month.

While I love the fast turn-around I'm hoping there aren't any QC issues as a result...

@sumantamandal, yes that blue is very beautiful! Congratulations on getting your new Model S... have fun with it!!

- - - Updated - - -

View attachment 107986View attachment 107987
My big day yesterday at Villa Park, IL Service Center... so glad this day finally arrived!!
Enjoyed the 250-mi drive home to Marion, IA via the Rockford, IL Supercharger and an 80A Wall Charger at Galena Brewing Company. On arrival home had 41-mi of remaining charge... just right. Became familiar with Bluetooth phone calling, Navigation, Traffic-aware Cruise Control and did quite a bit of Autopilot/ Autosteer driving... very cool!!
Ordered: 12/1/2015
VIN: 12/2/2015
Production Start: 12/17/2015
Production End: 12/31/2015
Delivered: 1/13/2016

Congrats.!!! Color is silver metalic ???

No, I have a 90D delivered to St. Louis. The status said late March to early April basically until it finished production. At that time it changed to 3/18 to 3/25. Judging by the speed getting here, it must have come by truck. And I don't think my service center had to do much to it, so pick up was quick after delivery. It seems possible they rushed the east coast and then Midwest through first, saving the quicker to ship west coast orders for later. I am sure you will get yours by 3/31, if not next week.

Thank you for the information. So far I am still seeing in production with March to early April with no updates over the past week. My DS hasn't responded to an email inquiry I sent him as well. Congratulations on your 90D by the way. I was going to get a 70D but my wife wanted the added range so we splurged for the 90D and I am happy with the choice.

I'm in same boat, I still havent gotten a call from the DS, I just been told we think it will be there before the end of March.. kinda weird being we were all in the same production time frame and are only a few hours a part.

I'm in same boat, I still havent gotten a call from the DS, I just been told we think it will be there before the end of March.. kinda weird being we were all in the same production time frame and are only a few hours a part.

Yes, really weird. It takes a standard container ~124 hours by rail from CA to Atlanta, GA. That is less than 6 days. My car has been in transit now for 14 days (and counting) and officially am still between 9 and 23 days out? And I cannot (as of now) get a more detailed update. West Palm Beach is not Hong Kong. It just makes little sense to me.