Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Same here, my car was shipped on March 6th and it still says March 31-April 13 for arrival. I'm taking delivery in Raleigh NC and my DS won't respond to my last email. I don't understand how people in NC have taken delivery with the same ship date and I''m still 2 weeks out.

Thanks for this info. I just emailed my finance guy - who has been exceptional. The wrinkle being my SC is not licensed yet to sell the car, so I can't sign on property or hand them the check. I offered to go elsewhere concerned about a delay, but was assured none would occur. So he might be able to provide more info.

Update - called my DS yesterday, delivery set for Monday at 11AM!

Ordered 2.16.16
Confirmed 2.19.16
VIN 2.19.16
In Production 3.5.16
Finished 3.9.16
Delivery 3.21.16

4 Days in production.
12 days from Factory to Delivery.
32 Days from confirmation to delivery.

Received temp tags via FedEx on 3.17.16 with return FedEx envelope for registration, and NOTARIZED Power of Attorney docs. (that little project was a surprise...)

Going to be a LOOOOOOONG weekend!

No, I have a 90D delivered to St. Louis. The status said late March to early April basically until it finished production. At that time it changed to 3/18 to 3/25. Judging by the speed getting here, it must have come by truck. And I don't think my service center had to do much to it, so pick up was quick after delivery. It seems possible they rushed the east coast and then Midwest through first, saving the quicker to ship west coast orders for later. I am sure you will get yours by 3/31, if not next week.

Taking delivery at St Louis but delivery date still says March 28- April 11. Completed production on March 5th and it has been in transit ever since. Been in touch with DS hoping I could take delivery by the 26th. Hopefully, mine would be as quick as yours!

Same here, my car was shipped on March 6th and it still says March 31-April 13 for arrival. I'm taking delivery in Raleigh NC and my DS won't respond to my last email. I don't understand how people in NC have taken delivery with the same ship date and I''m still 2 weeks out.

Ditto. My car left the assembly line 15 days ago and has been in transit ever since. Lo and behold, last night, I get a "We have exciting news. Your car is in transit!"-email from Tesla. My DS has no clue, not the foggiest of ideas, nada, zip, as to when my car might actually arrive at the SC in West Palm Beach. Really?

I am not griping about the mysterious delays per se. I am griping about cars being scheduled for delivery in Tampa on 3/21 that came from the assembly line nearly a week after mine and my WPB DS does not have any information? Amazon can track a $2.00 nail hole with great precision but Tesla seems to have trouble tracking a $100,000 car.

Lesson learned: call your DS regularly and ask for updates. My sense is they know more than they let on and they do have the ability to influence the schedule. But folks who follow this forum and track deliveries using the Google Doc are too well informed to be given lullabies.

Sorry Tesla, I am not amused.

Ditto. My car left the assembly line 15 days ago and has been in transit ever since. Lo and behold, last night, I get a "We have exciting news. Your car is in transit!"-email from Tesla. My DS has no clue, not the foggiest of ideas, nada, zip, as to when my car might actually arrive at the SC in West Palm Beach. Really?

I am not griping about the mysterious delays per se. I am griping about cars being scheduled for delivery in Tampa on 3/21 that came from the assembly line nearly a week after mine and my WPB DS does not have any information? Amazon can track a $2.00 nail hole with great precision but Tesla seems to have trouble tracking a $100,000 car.

Lesson learned: call your DS regularly and ask for updates. My sense is they know more than they let on and they do have the ability to influence the schedule. But folks who follow this forum and track deliveries using the Google Doc are too well informed to be given lullabies.

Sorry Tesla, I am not amused.

Amen brother.

... and my WPB DS does not have any information? ... My sense is they know more than they let on ...
Ask him / her to ping the car. That's how I've been getting info on where my car is ("Birmingham rail yard." "Birmingham rail yard." "Birmingham rail yard." ... :mad:). The car will tell the DS where it is. They just have to query it.

If yours shipped by rail (very likely) then the DS really cannot influence the transloading schedule from rail to truck. It comes off the railcar when the railroad is ready to take it off. After that the DS may have some influence on priority of shipping the final leg. If my DS is any indication, they can find out a LOT about your car very quickly - shipping paperwork progress and such at the very least.

I'm going to check in with my DS later this afternoon (I've been doing that every couple days since the car was shipped) for an update ("Birmingham rail yard" probably).

HAJM: Dania Bch SC told me my car is on the train to the rail center in Birmingham and it may make it to the SC sometime towards the end of next week from there.

My car has apparently been at the Birmingham rail yards for at least 3 days.... (I suspect it has been there much much longer). Your car has not even arrived in Birmingham and your SC had an update for you when it may arrive at the SC? Wow! What did you do??

My car has apparently been at the Birmingham rail yards for at least 3 days.... (I suspect it has been there much much longer). Your car has not even arrived in Birmingham and your SC had an update for you when it may arrive at the SC? Wow! What did you do??

I think he was guessing.. my car was in Texas 3 days ago.. It should already be in the rail-yard. I cant see it taking a train 3 or more days to go from Texas to Alabama, but I could be wrong. Hopefully its on the truck from there sometime next week. I'm to the point where I don't even want them to detail the car if its gonna take a few more days wait. Just pull the plastic tabs on the batteries, or whatever, charge it up and give it to me. I'll take care of the rest.

Last edited:
Taking delivery at St Louis but delivery date still says March 28- April 11. Completed production on March 5th and it has been in transit ever since. Been in touch with DS hoping I could take delivery by the 26th. Hopefully, mine would be as quick as yours!

I'm not sure if there's more than one DS per store. But I would just say be ready! You might finally get a response to your "when can I take delivery" messages with "tomorrow".

I'll be getting mine Monday in Charlotte and driving it home. Will think of you as head through on 26. Fun times.

Hope to see you around the area soon!
Have a GREAT drive home!

There are a few other Teslas in the area - what would you think about having a "Tesla dinner" somewhere in the area in a few weeks? If we can figure out how to contact other Tesla owners, that is...