Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How long has it been taking these days to go from "in production" to delivery for the 90D?

Just when I was ready to give up
How long has it been taking these days to go from "in production" to delivery for the 90D?

Mine went into production on 5/10. Finished on 5/13. Email stated they had shipped it to BNSF in Pt Richmond,CA that day. MyTesla page updated at about the same time to reflect delivery window 5/20-6/3. My DS said about 2 weeks CA-IL (BNSF says a car train ought to take 9-10 days depending upon when it is delivered to the rail facility; probably about half that to Dallas/Ft Worth). Another few days on truck to Columbus, OH. He now says logistics folks told him my car would arrive in Columbus on 5/31. Preparation time should allow delivery within the stated time.

I mention this because two days ago I received the same "your car has been shipped to the rail facility" blah, blah, blah that I had received 12 days ago and it sounded like it was going to be another 2 weeks in transit! But the 5/31 update email came this afternoon so my blood pressure is back in the normal range.

Bottom line: expect some highs and lows. One only has to read this thread to know it can be a thrilling ride (an NOT a good thrill , like the actual car). ;-)

Mine was 3 days in production, and then transit. Depending on where it's going... mine was to Southern California, and was ready for pick up I believe 4 days later
Thank you for the day response. What was your confirmation date? I ask because I ordered on 5/2/16, confirmed on 5/9/16, assigned VIN on 5/10/16, and now in production on 5/24/16. I can't imagine it only taking another week to get my S 90D when I keep hearing that 6 to 8 weeks is the norm. I'm in Texas. My birthday is on the 16th of June so that would be the best birthday present of all... though I won't get my hopes up.

Christal, There is another thread going about the DRLs on the refreshed models. Can you turn them off/on? Are they on all the time? Are they very bright in the daytime? Would you like to chime in over there?
Doesn't look like you can turn them off or on, no separate option. They are just on. They are not as bright in daytime as the old ones. I'll look for that thread and post!

I have gone to Signature Glass Tinting in Costa Mesa, CA for years now. This is my 4th car I've had tinted by them. They always do an exceptional job and have a lifetime guarantee.

They also offer free tint removal if you get a Fix It Ticket; and if you pay an additional $25 at the time of install, they will also re-apply the tint after the fix it ticket is cleared.

They are awesome!

Details please. Brand, which glass tinted, how long did it take, and price.

• Love
Reactions: Jason Shelton
Damn! I'm going to go to them for sure. How much was your total bill? There is a place in Buena Park that wants to charge me 1500! Hopefully your place is cheaper! Let me know the details. Thanks!

Here are their standard pricing for various tint options:

$245: Llumar ATC - ALL WINDOWS
$345: Llumar CTX - ALL WINDOWS
$445: Wincos Nano Ceramic - ALL WINDOWS
$180: Llumar Air80 - FRONT WINDSHIELD ONLY

Definitely go to them! Let them know that I referred you, and maybe they'll give you a discount? Erwin Espiritu - with the Midnight Silver Tesla tinted on 5/25.

Reactions: NikeWings
Thank you for the day response. What was your confirmation date? I ask because I ordered on 5/2/16, confirmed on 5/9/16, assigned VIN on 5/10/16, and now in production on 5/24/16. I can't imagine it only taking another week to get my S 90D when I keep hearing that 6 to 8 weeks is the norm. I'm in Texas. My birthday is on the 16th of June so that would be the best birthday present of all... though I won't get my hopes up.

Well, you seem to be one of the "chosen" ones. I'm also in Texas with a 90d, but I confirmed a week before you did and I got nothing yet.

Details please. Brand, which glass tinted, how long did it take, and price.

Took about 2 hours total.

I had them do:
  • all 5 windows tinted with 20% Wincos Nano Ceramic (does not interfere with phone/electronics)
  • windshield with LLumar Air80 (clear) heat rejecting film
I can't give out my price at the request of the shop owner. He gave me a discount as I am a repeat customer, who has been tinting with them for years.

However, here are their standard pricing for various tint options:

$245: Llumar ATC - ALL WINDOWS
$345: Llumar CTX - ALL WINDOWS
$445: Wincos Nano Ceramic - ALL WINDOWS
$180: Llumar Air80 - FRONT WINDSHIELD ONLY