Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Congratulations @HumanGenome!

Will keep an eye out for your silver P100D when i drive around sac!

Please keep us posted on your delivery experience/lessen learn if you manage to find time after taking delivery (not sure how that's possible) since i will be taking delivery at Rocklin as well (hopefully) very soon after yours.

Placed order 6/13 (for P90D with delayed delivery -- took the upgrade to the P100D when offered) and got VIN on 10/11.

Also, I went with the ultra white seats, and now it looks like Tesla JUST started to offer seat ventilation with the ultra white seats (the option was previously only available for black/tan premium seats), so I'm curious if I will have the non-ventilated or ventilated seats.

I have an early vin model x (400's) p90d with white seats, and they are ventilated as well as heated, so I'm not sure where that came from. Took delivery March 2016

The model X has always had the option of ventilated ultra white seats, but when the ultra white premium seats became available with the introduction of the Model S P100D, only black and tan were available with ventilation (it was in the text of the premium upgrades package). No one knew why this was the case. Just today, the wording changed and now all premium seats on the Model S are supposedly available with ventilation.

Since my car went into production yesterday (before the wording changed), I don't know if the seats will be ventilated or not.

At least you guys can refresh your dashboard at this point. Mine is still useless, just shows the car, VIN, and expected delivery date. I will be elated when I can login to view what stages my car is going through.

The My Tesla site isn't exactly overflowing with detail. But on the car's detail page, check under the "What's Next?" section. That will start by saying where your car is in the process ("in the factory production queue" is normally all you get prior to production). If you want some more detail, get in contact with your delivery advisor. They can get more exact information and give you a more optimistic outlook on your delivery.

Interestingly, my delivery guy called to set up a delivery on Dec 6th, assuming all goes well. That was within my estimated window of Dec 1st-15th and was assuming no delays or delivery issues (so an optimistic guess). Now, the My Tesla site is saying November 19, 2016 - December 3, 2016, which is *way* sooner. I haven't ever seen them be that optimistic on their estimates. The norm is to under-promise and over-deliver. I'm wondering if they're shipping it on a truck (7-10 day delivery) instead of a train (23-25 day delivery)?

I think if you want to buy a Tesla to save money, you should get the model L (Leaf). Yup, it sucks to see unlimited free supercharging go away, but to be fair, unlike some of the other recent changes, thay gave almost two months warning, as long as you order before the end of the year (and receive it before April 15th), you will still get it. And I would rather they find a way of making it self supporting, than have it end up being such a drain on the company it ends up hurting them.

According to this article, (Tech Crunch: What It Takes To Be A Tesla Supercharger Partner - Inside EVs) each station costs between 100,000 and 175,000 dollars, and according to the Tesla page, there are 735 charging stations out there... so, this means that Tesla has spent around 100 million dollars so far on building this system up for us... (probably much more, and not including the cost of electricity). and they will have to dramatically enlarge it with the model 3 coming out.

We also need to wait and see what the prices end up being... it costs me 50+ dollars to fill up my Volvo for about 300 miles of fuel, i doubt it will cost anything near that for a supercharger. If it was 10 bucks to charge my '60, it's would still be less than half of the cost of gas... not including destination charging and charging at home.

So, i'm with you in my disappointment at it going away, but i'm sorry, I wont be standing next to you at the protest, I saw it as inevitable eventually.

However, I do wish you luck in your endeavors!

I could never take the "save gas money with a Tesla" argument with a straight face :confused: just like when i got my K 1600 GTL, sure it is more fuel efficient, but that was never be the reason why I went for it. For those who do, their math for ROI is just way too creative for me to understand.

Inkeeping with the topic of the thread "Delivery Update", i guess if you order it today and take delivery before April 1st, 2017, you will never have to worry about it!

Per An Update to Our Supercharging Program - "These changes will not impact current owners or any new Teslas ordered before January 1, 2017, as long as delivery is taken before April 1, 2017."

Reactions: Out4aDuck
Forget about the delivery, what is f going on with the supercharging, they giving you only 1000 miles of charge a year then there gong to charge you. We need to stand up this is rediculious, they advertise this car and sell you this and show you how you can save money. How much can u save now, right?

They are constantly making changes and refinements in an effort to stay profitable and build better cars. Personally, I'm for the new SpC model, I mean can you imagine what it's going to be like when the M3 hits the market? This move will help curtail charger congestion otherwise we will be waiting for hours for an open charging stall.

Remember when AT&T used to give truely free data with iPhones. After a while they stopped as small percentage of people abused the system. Now all so called unlimited data plans have some catch or another. That's how things go.

At this time Tesla has no competition when it comes to electric - almost self driving cars. They are so far ahead of anyone. So they make the rules. I am not complaining - I think the new program is quite generous too and works work well for 90% of the people.

Back to delivery of Teslas. Is anyone planning to go to Fremont factory to pick up their car? I was told that's an option if I want it. I would get a factory tour and drive the car back. My sales tax would be teeny but higher (.01%). Might be something cool to do though.

Back to delivery of Teslas. Is anyone planning to go to Fremont factory to pick up their car? I was told that's an option if I want it. I would get a factory tour and drive the car back. My sales tax would be teeny but higher (.01%). Might be something cool to do though.

I asked my DS that question in the hope of saving the time waiting for the truck delivery to Rocklin and maybe get the car sooner. He told me factory delivery schedule is crazy this time of the year and I might even wait longer just to get a delivery appointment scheduled. As for the tour, he said the owners can have the tour anytime afterwards as well. Personally I like to avoid the crowd whenever possible especially when I am interested in the subject and want to get close or at least some nice pictures.

Reactions: acarlos1000
Remember when AT&T used to give truely free data with iPhones. After a while they stopped as small percentage of people abused the system. Now all so called unlimited data plans have some catch or another. That's how things go.

At this time Tesla has no competition when it comes to electric - almost self driving cars. They are so far ahead of anyone. So they make the rules. I am not complaining - I think the new program is quite generous too and works work well for 90% of the people.

I am planning on taking delivery in Fremont and take Factory Tour same day if it works out. At the moment around 12/23/16. We shall see. :cool: