Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Minor difference, but I believe that while the Colorado tax credit moves from $6000 to $5000, it also moves to being an instant rebate, so you should not have to wait for it.
Unfortunately, they said that they don't know if they will offer the instant rebate. Since there's just the one store in Colorado and they don't do that in any other state, it would be a big change to just offer it here. They'd have to "front" the money and then wait for the refund themselves.

I got a call from my DS saying my car just rolled off the assembly line. Caught me off guard since my status online still has not changed. I placed my order on 10/2 and requested a Dec delivery.

I also placed my order on 10/2 and my car is still showing IN Production! argh... I am not sure how often the tesla account page is updated... is it like daily - or when something happens -- like what triggers a update to that site...as per my Pro Forma i am expecting delivery 12/14 -- but if my car went into production on Sat - it should be out and ready to ship by today....dont get how some cars have production time of 1 day and others like 10....

I confirmed on Nov 11th, yet my dashboard still just says: "We are processing your order and will provide an estimated delivery date." So no change for 11 days. Am I just being too keen? I see stories of CA customers ordering and taking delivery in about month (best case), so had thought I'd at least get a VIN assigned or an estimated delivery. I'm UK based if that makes a difference.
I confirmed on 31st October and the website updated pretty quickly to show late January/February but within a couple of days changed to late February/early March. Seems all the UK orders have been pushed back presumably to allow them to get as many US cars delivered in December as they can.

I confirmed on 31st October and the website updated pretty quickly to show late January/February but within a couple of days changed to late February/early March. Seems all the UK orders have been pushed back presumably to allow them to get as many US cars delivered in December as they can.

I really hope they don't push us out so far that we lose the free supercharging. It would be a little mean if we lose out on that even though we ordered many months before the delivery cut off. Plus in the UK if we don't get the cars before April, we have to pay a luxury car tax :(

I really hope they don't push us out so far that we lose the free supercharging. It would be a little mean if we lose out on that even though we ordered many months before the delivery cut off. Plus in the UK if we don't get the cars before April, we have to pay a luxury car tax :(

I would def contact your DS and chew his ear off in the most polite way possible --

I also placed my order on 10/2 and my car is still showing IN Production! argh... I am not sure how often the tesla account page is updated... is it like daily - or when something happens -- like what triggers a update to that site...as per my Pro Forma i am expecting delivery 12/14 -- but if my car went into production on Sat - it should be out and ready to ship by today....dont get how some cars have production time of 1 day and others like 10....

Parts are hard.

You ordered a day before me and I just picked up my new P90D a few hours ago. Have faith!

Losing free supercharging happens for cars *ordered* after 1/1/2017, not produced. If you ordered, it's free.

"These changes will not impact current owners or any new Teslas ordered before January 1, 2017, as long as delivery is taken before April 1, 2017."

Seems like OP is worried about not receiving before April 1, 2017 in which case he may lose out.

I would not worry about it if I ordered by 1/1/17 and specified I wanted delivery before 4/1/17. If it is delayed a bit beyond 4/1/17 through no fault of the orderer I think Tesla would honor the "free" super charging.

Those dates are pretty clear - it's something I personally would worry about if I were in that scenario unless I had some sort of verbal or written reassurance. I would definitely inquire with my sales advisor sooner than later.

Thanks for the advice. I'll contact my SA. And yes I am concerned about delivery. I know I'm within the order window, just don't want to fall out the delivery window.

The key word in this statement is "taken". Legally, this means that you have to be willing and available to take delivery. If Tesla is at fault, you should still get free supercharging. Otherwise you could sue them.

I'm not a lawyer, so I can't weigh in on the legal meaning of "taken." All I know is that if it were me I would want clarification before the lawsuits start flying.

Upon prompting him (and knowing others here had done this), I got this helpful update today from my DS on my P100DL ordered Oct. 21:

"Regarding timing everything is on schedule to finish the 2nd full week of December. That said, I prefer to be as accurate as possible, as production timing can change, by only scheduling delivery once your Tesla is ready for shipping from the factory. At this time I’d estimate your vehicle will be ready between December 21st and 24th."
My Tesla still shows me "in queue" with estimated delivery "December / Early January."

This morning my P100D went from November - Early December to November 25, 2016 - December 9, 2016

Then I just got this email tonight:

SjTIjJb.png

My Tesla is still outdated so I am assuming the delivery email is the accurate one.

This is the same date as the pro-forma which would be dead accurate if this email is the actual delivery date. Woohoo!

It's agonizing, isn't it? My car went into production 04 November and is STILL in production. My DS said that as of 19 November the car was in the final stage/quality check. Fingers crossed mine ships soon.

" Production is complete and your Tesla is being prepared for transit to your Delivery Center. We estimate that your vehicle will be ready for delivery between December 10, 2016 to December 24, 2016. "

But I am hoping for something before the Dec 10
That's great! When was your order confirmed & what's your delivery location? Mine was confirmed with vin on 10/28 with no movement yet, on the East coast here.