Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
6867FD19-743A-4F46-83FC-E061521F87B5.jpg
Well the wait is finally over and Scarlet is amazing! I've been grinning having so much fun in her all weekend!

I've got a pick up date! It sounds like it might be in by this weekend, but the soonest appointment they had for me to come get it was next Tuesday. I'm just glad i have a definite date on ownership.

My purchase was 4/1 (MS 60D). I'll have it 38 days from date of purchase. Not bad at all.

Reactions: SMAlset
Ordered 75D on 08.04.17
Finalized 21.04.17
Got VIN on 22.04.17
In Production 25.04.17
Completed 27.04.17
And in Transit to the ship as of now.
ETA to Norway is end of May / Early June

This is way much quicker than my previous Model S 85 (2014) when i ordered in April and got it in end of August 2014:)

Reactions: SMAlset
My 100D confirmed on 04/11 and no production for me either - maybe they run battery capacity models together - waiting is killing me....

That's what I'm wondering, too. It's funny because I reserved a Model 3 in line on March 31 2016. A year later to the day I took an S for a test drive and ordered a 100D a few days later. These past few weeks of waiting have been much harder than the year spent waiting on a 3. o_O

That's what I'm wondering, too. It's funny because I reserved a Model 3 in line on March 31 2016. A year later to the day I took an S for a test drive and ordered a 100D a few days later. These past few weeks of waiting have been much harder than the year spent waiting on a 3. o_O

Same here! I did the exact same thing.

My theory is that the production is based off paint actually, as i would imagine it'd be a pain to reconfigure different colors in the same day.

Makes perfect sense and I'd tend to agree with you though judging by the spreadsheet there are several confirmed after mine all of lower battery capacities and all now in production. That was the only correlation that was obvious, but perhaps it is color.

My theory is that the production is based off paint actually, as i would imagine it'd be a pain to reconfigure different colors in the same day.

21 days tomorrow since confirmation on my P100D and I'm thinking the 100 packs take a few extra days to go into production. The 60 and 75 packs seem like they're breezing through to production but the 100 packs seem like they take 25-30 days to get started. My hope was for the late May part to be true but my DS has been saying fist couple weeks of June all along. Really hope one of the few hundred times I check my email and refresh my Tesla page tomorrow brings some good news. I've waited literally years to get this car and you would think a few more weeks wouldn't be that bad. It is making the wait for my Model 3 much easier at least lol.

I visited the BMW plant in Munich several years ago. The paint line was fully automated. They'd have a batch of several cars, 5 or so, in one color then do the next several cars in another color. It didn't seem to be a big deal to change paint color. I haven't seen the Tesla setup, perhaps it is different.

Here is my MS 75 timeline
Order 4/11
Confirmed 4/18
Production start 4/28
Production complete 5/1
In transit 5/2
Delivery Estimated 5/20
Pickup in Brooklyn NY scheduled 5/23
approx 6 weeks

Here is my MS 100D timeline
Order 4/04
Confirmed 4/11