Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My "My Tesla" page just updated to indicate that my vehicle is currently in production. No update to the "Estimated Delivery Range."

Ordered April 27
Confirmed May 5
Currently scheduled for production in factory
Estimated Delivery Range: June - Early July

I was hoping to get 1 of those 6 week order to delivery timeframes. Having it for Independence Day would be a great.

Last edited:
Reactions: SMAlset
4/9: Ordered 60
4/16: Confirmed / Upgraded to 75 ($500 change fee), Est Delivery: May - Early June
5/2: Entered Production
5/7: Est Delivery bumped to June - Early July (although DS advised he is still expecting delivery May - Early June. "Don't pay attention to your myTesla"
5/9: Delivery Updated to May 30 - June 13 now paying attention to myTesla, Hands have fallen off sitting on them for so long, learning to type with elbows

Last edited:
Received an email from my DS overnight that my car is production and that my delivery window has been shifted up to late May-early June, and advising that I should begin applying for financing, etc. "My Tesla" still has original delivery window.

My "My Tesla" page just updated to indicate that my vehicle is currently in production. No update to the "Estimated Delivery Range."

Confirmed May 5
Currently scheduled for production in factory
Estimated Delivery Range: June - Early July

I was hoping to get 1 of those 6 week order to delivery timeframes. Having it for Independence Day would be a great.

Last edited:
Received an email from my DS overnight that my car is production and that my delivery window has been shifted up to late May-early June, and advising that I should begin applying for financing, etc. "My Tesla" still has original delivery window.

Not surprised and kind of expected this being you're on the East Coast. I think they try to get that area out before the rest of the country and then focus on quicker West Coast deliveries in those last few weeks of the quarter to make delivered projections for the quarter ending. Given that you ordered in late April though that's pretty good timing for you and actual production time is not long at all really. Probably the logistics of getting car from Point A to B is more time involved. Hey but that's great news and things will move quickly! Don't worry about MyTesla, it will catch up. If you haven't noticed from past posts on this thread the email, MyTesla and the phone contacts from the DS aren't necessarily happening at the same time.

BTW if people are calling their DS and not getting a call back right away, it could be that some guys don't have a regular schedule to be in that location. When you work weekends sometimes you get your days off midweek and lucky if you get them together. The guy who was assigned to present our car and do the final paperwork with us said he sometimes gets asked to fill in at different locations and even has been assigned to the Fremont factory for deliveries.

I think they're doing great on timing. I did not have to reach out to my DS ... he sent me the note of the earlier timing on my delivery. Also, my OA has reached out to me quickly as well. Lastly, when I saw my DS' note, I submitted my financing app and it was approved about 5 hours later! My order seems to have been in the right production/delivery cycle ... anyway, just want to throw my facts out there for future buyers.

Reactions: SMAlset
Ordered 75D 4/11
Confirmed 4/15
Production 4/18
Finished production 4/25
Changed my order to 100D 4/24
Confirmed on 4/27
Goes into production 5/18
Should receive 4-6 weeks later (as per DS)
Late June-early July. I'm told May 15th week all batches of 100's go into production. And tesla wants them delivered before July, end of second quarter.
Got an email from my DS today. Car goes into production 5/22 and will be ready for pickup between 6/15-6/30...fingers crossed for the 15th!

Thanks for the update. My DS is not that communicative. I hope your schedule holds. I ordered a 100D on 4/8 that confirmed 4/11. Still not in production. I think they'll make them all at once, but we'll see.

From the looks of it those of us who ordered MS 100Ds in late March/early-late April will see the cars go into production this week. Fingers crossed! I'll post as soon as I see an email/MyTesla update. :)

Production ended 5/10
Delivery set for 5/31

21 days to be delivered (by train)?? Everyone I see on the east coast has a 10-15 day difference between production and delivery. Such is my luck I suppose.

I was given a similar estimate in the beginning by my DS. Once the car shipped (yours will likely ship tonight/tomorrow), it'll likely be yours in about 2 weeks.

DS can track the cars using their GPS (I know, I wish we had that functionality before delivery). So he'll revise the estimate as the car gets closer to delivery center.