Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered on April 9th and Confirmed on the 16th. My car now shows in transit and an estimated delivery between May 30th and June 13th, originally I had an estimated delivery of May 20th. I am still hoping for it to be delivered before Memorial Day weekend. I don't know what is worse waiting 3 years to buy one or the wait from ordering until delivery?

I ordered on April 9th and Confirmed on the 16th. My car now shows in transit and an estimated delivery between May 30th and June 13th, originally I had an estimated delivery of May 20th. I am still hoping for it to be delivered before Memorial Day weekend. I don't know what is worse waiting 3 years to buy one or the wait from ordering until delivery?

These next 2 weeks waiting will be brutal.

Unless they ship multiple trains east at a time. I think we are on the same train, I have the same time window May 30 - June 13th. My DS has a confirmed appointment for me on the 31st. Yours should get off at the Chicago yard where they change from Pacific Union to CSX and truck it to your service center. While mine hops on a CSX down to Birmingham, AL before trucking over to Atlanta. So if mine is scheduled for the 31st I would think yours would be 3-5 days prior to that.

These next 2 weeks waiting will be brutal.

Unless they ship multiple trains east at a time. I think we are on the same train, I have the same time window May 30 - June 13th. My DS has a confirmed appointment for me on the 31st. Yours should get off at the Chicago yard where they change from Pacific Union to CSX and truck it to your service center. While mine hops on a CSX down to Birmingham, AL before trucking over to Atlanta. So if mine is scheduled for the 31st I would think yours would be 3-5 days prior to that.

I hope you are right, that 3-5 days earlier would get me into mine right before the holiday, however who knows how many cars have to also be prepped and delivered around then and if they will get to them all. I do know one thing, the service center for Long Island is down the block from my gym and I just went past it over the weekend (my son wanted to see it) and the lot was completely empty. They maybe had 2 Model X's that had to be delivered so they must be waiting for shipment or shipments to come in. Good luck with yours, hope it shows up sooner for you.

I hope you are right, that 3-5 days earlier would get me into mine right before the holiday, however who knows how many cars have to also be prepped and delivered around then and if they will get to them all. I do know one thing, the service center for Long Island is down the block from my gym and I just went past it over the weekend (my son wanted to see it) and the lot was completely empty. They maybe had 2 Model X's that had to be delivered so they must be waiting for shipment or shipments to come in. Good luck with yours, hope it shows up sooner for you.

It's ok you don't have to blame your son. You're not the only one stalking the service center, I noticed the same thing last week when I drove through there hoping to see an S in the color I ordered lol. It's normal behavior I swear!;)

It's ok you don't have to blame your son. You're not the only one stalking the service center, I noticed the same thing last week when I drove through there hoping to see an S in the color I ordered lol. It's normal behavior I swear!;)

Your right, I shouldn't blame him for something I really wanted to do!! I just want the wait to be over and my son really is so excited to get this car you would think it is for him.

Reactions: Gforce1
Among the vehicles listed in the spreadsheet (which, of course, is only a sample and relies on customers entering their own data), every car that has gone into production from April 13 through today (May 5) has been a 60 or 75. Either this is a choice for production efficiency, or something may be going on with the larger-capacity batteries?

John can you tell me where the spreadsheet you refer to is? I would be happy to enter my data and would greatly enjoy seeing other's data! (I have ordered my second Model S with a June delivery date expected.)

My MS is in transit (to Raleigh) with a delivery window narrowed to next week ... 1 month from order to delivery.

Ordered April 27
Confirmed May 5
Currently scheduled for production in factory
Estimated Delivery Range: June - Early July

I was hoping to get 1 of those 6 week order to delivery timeframes. Having it for Independence Day would be a great.

Reactions: Robbit