Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't think so. You pretty much have to drive through Denver to go from Fremont to points east.

I would think for points SE of St Louis, they'd stick to I-40 or I-10 for crossing the country, which would take them south of LV and through AZ/NM on their way to Memphis (I-40) or Houston (I-10) and continue on to points in the mid-east and SE.

Taking I-80 makes sense for midwest and NE deliveries; but taking I-70 through Denver isn't really lined up with that, as that is a sizable detour off of the more direct I-80 route for many destinations in the east.

US Highways Map Fullscreen

I25 between I80 and I70 is actually a pretty short drive in cross country terms. Plus, what about the Loneliest Highway in America? Anyway, Chicago, St. Louis, and the Northeast go "pretty much" through Denver from Fremont. I was actually exaggerating in my post. I know that the trucks actually zig zag across the country a bit based on the tracking some are able to do.

It's interesting that now pretty much all the Sigs have a VIN and an idea of when they'll get their car, but no reports of any roadster list owners hearing from Tesla yet. I would have expected a more continuous roll, but it definitely seems to come in waves.

Sig Perf 939 picked up yesterday from the Denver service center. IT's glorious, but unfortunately I have to leave town today and leave my baby behind. I'll post more details later. Or I guess I'll stick some details in the owners delievery stories, photos and impressions thread. See you there!

Just another data point here...Sig non-perf Red/tan/lacewood/pano #965 received VIN on 10/31 of 938...received email yesterday (11/7) that car was in "burn-in" and they could safely schedule delivery on Sunday (11/11) here in San Jose...Offered the factory tour, but we've been a few times already, and would rather make sure everything gets connected to my network, outlets, etc...Fingers crossed that no more glitches occur...Original delivery window of 10/14-10/28 modified to 11/7-11/21...

Just another data point here...Sig non-perf Red/tan/lacewood/pano #965 received VIN on 10/31 of 938...received email yesterday (11/7) that car was in "burn-in" and they could safely schedule delivery on Sunday (11/11) here in San Jose...Offered the factory tour, but we've been a few times already, and would rather make sure everything gets connected to my network, outlets, etc...Fingers crossed that no more glitches occur...Original delivery window of 10/14-10/28 modified to 11/7-11/21...

Congrats!

BTW, nothing to connect to your network yet, WiFi is not enabled in the software yet...

That should be pretty close to the end of the US sigs. I wonder why no CA sigs have heard from Tesla yet?

There are at least two reasons for this, one not under Tesla's control, one mostly under Tesla's control:
1) Canadian homologation, and registration as a "dealer" in all the relevant provinces.
2) Establishing at least some business presence in provinces other than Ontario, which is required for qualifying for provincial rebates, AFAIK (definitely in BC).

Certainly hoping these bridges will be crossed in the next couple weeks, but before they are, deliveries up here cannot happen, even if the cars are ready to be built in Fremont.

There are at least two reasons for this, one not under Tesla's control, one mostly under Tesla's control:
1) Canadian homologation, and registration as a "dealer" in all the relevant provinces.
2) Establishing at least some business presence in provinces other than Ontario, which is required for qualifying for provincial rebates, AFAIK (definitely in BC).

Certainly hoping these bridges will be crossed in the next couple weeks, but before they are, deliveries up here cannot happen, even if the cars are ready to be built in Fremont.

Makes sense. Let me modify my original question then: I wonder why no CA sigs or Rs have heard from Tesla yet? They should have contacted all the US sigs by now and should be moving on to contacting whomever is next in line.

How do you know this? I was told it was homologation too, maybe waiting for a few Canadian specific parts (not sure what though) but never heard about the presence in other provinces thing. Man this is frustrating with no real info about our situation.

A friend with a Sig reservation (not on the forums) in Florida has a delivery window of 11/21 to 12/5. No VIN as of yet. Not sure what his Sig# is, but it's definitely over 1000. Given the time to deliver to Florida, the car will have to be built by the end of the month.