Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
i am over 3 weeks since production completed ... was supposed to take delivery 5/23... just delayed to 5/26 ... losing my mind...;) continuously checking my Telsa like it will make a difference ...

My DS told me there is a backlog to get the vehicles out the door for delivery, which I confirmed is true, I went to my delivery location (holiday today in Canada) and saw many that are just sitting in the parking lot with their scheduled delivery dates on them. Many were in mid June. So many of our cars may be sitting in the tesla lot waiting for us :) although I am very disappointed, I saw other people looking at the vechiles also, to my surprise the cars were unlocked, meaning people opened the doors and actually sat in them, this was all outside, no security on a holiday. I'm calling them tomorrow and asking how this is possible.

My DS told me there is a backlog to get the vehicles out the door for delivery, which I confirmed is true, I went to my delivery location (holiday today in Canada) and saw many that are just sitting in the parking lot with their scheduled delivery dates on them. Many were in mid June. So many of our cars may be sitting in the tesla lot waiting for us :) although I am very disappointed, I saw other people looking at the vechiles also, to my surprise the cars were unlocked, meaning people opened the doors and actually sat in them, this was all outside, no security on a holiday. I'm calling them tomorrow and asking how this is possible.
IMG_4255.JPG
="Jabardo, post: 2115368, member: 60558"]My DS told me there is a backlog to get the vehicles out the door for delivery, which I confirmed is true, I went to my delivery location (holiday today in Canada) and saw many that are just sitting in the parking lot with their scheduled delivery dates on them. Many were in mid June. So many of our cars may be sitting in the tesla lot waiting for us :) although I am very disappointed, I saw other people looking at the vechiles also, to my surprise the cars were unlocked, meaning people opened the doors and actually sat in them, this was all outside, no security on a holiday. I'm calling them tomorrow and asking how this is possible.[/QUOTE]
Here is a pic...

• Informative
  • Helpful
Reactions: cmd_keen and mhp_
View attachment 228070
="Jabardo, post: 2115368, member: 60558"]My DS told me there is a backlog to get the vehicles out the door for delivery, which I confirmed is true, I went to my delivery location (holiday today in Canada) and saw many that are just sitting in the parking lot with their scheduled delivery dates on them. Many were in mid June. So many of our cars may be sitting in the tesla lot waiting for us :) although I am very disappointed, I saw other people looking at the vechiles also, to my surprise the cars were unlocked, meaning people opened the doors and actually sat in them, this was all outside, no security on a holiday. I'm calling them tomorrow and asking how this is possible.
Here is a pic...[/QUOTE]

Which location? My Tesla page finally updated after 3 weeks of production to "In transit". I'm hoping odd sitting in the lot. I'm ready...

15 days to go and I'm only going slightly insane. My approved loan hasn't shown up on my tesla page so that has me nervous even though my DS says he sees it every time I mention it. If there are any hiccups that day my head might explode. I want to know that all my paperwork is in order and the tasks being unchecked on my tesla page is driving me up a wall but there's nothing I can do to fix it I just have to take his word that everything is good.

In other news if you want to live a really long life just order and wait for a Tesla over and over again. Not sure you'll actually live forever but it sure as hell will feel like it. Just have to get to bed and I can tick off another day closer.

• Funny
Reactions: Zero CO2
I pick mine up tomorrow ... cannot wait. The electrician installed my NEMA 14-50 receptacle today so I'm set there. My faithful E-class will be sold via private sale tomorrow evening.

I was happy for the busy period at work leading up until this week. Tonight will be spent prepping the Mercedes for its 2nd owner ever and reviewing Tesla videos online. Good luck to everyone in the queue.

15 days to go and I'm only going slightly insane. My approved loan hasn't shown up on my tesla page so that has me nervous even though my DS says he sees it every time I mention it. If there are any hiccups that day my head might explode. I want to know that all my paperwork is in order and the tasks being unchecked on my tesla page is driving me up a wall but there's nothing I can do to fix it I just have to take his word that everything is good.

In other news if you want to live a really long life just order and wait for a Tesla over and over again. Not sure you'll actually live forever but it sure as hell will feel like it. Just have to get to bed and I can tick off another day closer.

I have the same thing going on with my account. I am told that they see the approved financing on their end and it is linked to my VIN# so not to worry.....

Reactions: Gforce1
My 100D is still in production but I just received my 19" grey turbines from TSportline. Soooo sexy! I can't wait to see these on my MS!

:mad::mad::mad: Killing me - finally emailed my DS today as I'm still not in production - he estimates next week for start. he estimated 2 weeks ago last time I emailed him. It's apparent they are clueless or at least mine is.

All kidding aside. I don't really mind the wait. I waited 5 years and a few more weeks one way or the other isn't a big deal. A big deal IS Tesla not telling me when the car might arrive. It's pretty inexcusable that you can track an $8 pizza from Domino's right down to the second it gets to your door, but no one at Tesla will admit to having any clue about how production scheduling works on a $100k+ automobile.

Very excited for you!!