Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here's a twist- my DS replied to me today saying I would be getting HW2.5 (at the same time down playing it's significance) and in the same message confirmed that my option code was APH2. I ordered a 75D with premium upgrades, EAP and FSD. Confirmed 8/21. Has anyone been able to confirm for certain what APH3 actually translates into on the car?

You have APH2 option code and are confirmed to be getting the "2.5" stuff?

My thinking is that after that announcement was made which was like end of july? they started putting it into production cars from that point forward. makes sense. what doesn't make sense is this APH3 code people are getting.

Since your DS knew about the APH2 option code, I think they would know about what APH3 is about. I guess just a simple email asking would do the trick.

My DS says my car is in quality check. After that it'll either travel by truck or train with delivery times in roughly a week for truck, or 2-3 weeks by train. I hope it's by truck since I want delivery ASAP!

I wonder what goes into deciding what goes by train or truck.

Supposedly mine is on a train. I wonder why not a truck, thus more delayed delivery for myself.

IMG_1862.jpg
Would you be so kind as to post a pic of your APH3 code so that I can follow up with my DS?

This is mine from DS.

Would you be so kind as to post a pic of your APH3 code so that I can follow up with my DS?
There is no visible APH3 code in your specifications. It is embedded in the web page of the specifications. If you click on the 'View Spec' link to go to your specifications page and then copy the URL from the top of your browser, you will have all the option codes of your vehicle. Just paste into Notepad or something and then look for something like this in the line:

options=AF00%2CAPF0%2CAPH3%2CAPPA%2CAU00%2CBCMB%2CBP00%2CBR00%2CBS00%2CBTX5%2CCDM0%2CCH05%2CCW00%2CDCF0%2CDRLH%2CDSH5%2CDU01%2CDV2W%2CFG02%2CFMP6%2CFR04%2CHC00%2CHP00%2CIDBA%2CINBTB%2CIX00%2CLLP1%2CLP01%2CMDLS%2CME02%2CMI01%2CPF00%2CPI00%2CPK00%2CPMNG%2CPS01%2CPX00%2CQTTB%2CRENA%2CRFFG%2CS31B%2CSC05%2CSP00%2CSR07%2CST01%2CSU01%2CTM00%2CTR00%2CUTPB%2CWTAS%2CX001%2CX003%2CX007%2CX011%2CX014%2CX021%2CX025%2CX027%2CX028%2CX031%2CX037%2CX040%2CX043%2CYFCC

If you ignore the %2C characters, the other characters are the option codes of your vehicle. The above is from my S75, which was confirmed Aug 10th and started production Sept 2, and you can see it has the APH3 code. When I booked it, it was APH2 but changed about a week or two ago. Note that I did not purchase EAP, hence the APF0 code. It should be APF1 for EAP and APF2 for EAP + FSD. Interesting that your Auto Pilot Package code is APPB whereas mine is APPA. Maybe it's because yours is a Model X whereas mine is a Model S...

Last edited:

Be careful. Since AP 2.1/2.5 has not been officially announced it is not considered the latest hardware. Every time I ask my OA or DS about what I am getting they say they cannot speak about anything that hasn't been announced by Elon through tweet or official release. There has been no official release or tweet regarding updated AP or second row changes so technically this could mean that aph2 hardware and firmware is considered by them to be the most up to date. Hopefully your option codes will switch. I ordered 8/10 and confirmed 8/13 and have aph3 option but also saw my delivery estimated date go to October/November although my DS still believes I will get it last week September.

I ordered 8/10 and confirmed 8/13 and have aph3 option but also saw my delivery estimated date go to October/November although my DS still believes I will get it last week September.

Have faith! As mentioned above, I ordered 8/6, confirmed 8/10 and went into production 9/2. You are only 3 days behind me and should start production within a few days, so high likelihood of getting it by end of Sept (which is a double edge sword, being EOQ delivery...)

There is no visible APH3 code in your specifications. It is embedded in the web page of the specifications. If you click on the 'View Spec' link to go to your specifications page and then copy the URL from the top of your browser, you will have all the option codes of your vehicle. Just paste into Notepad or something and then look for something like this in the line:

options=AF00%2CAPF0%2CAPH3%2CAPPA%2CAU00%2CBCMB%2CBP00%2CBR00%2CBS00%2CBTX5%2CCDM0%2CCH05%2CCW00%2CDCF0%2CDRLH%2CDSH5%2CDU01%2CDV2W%2CFG02%2CFMP6%2CFR04%2CHC00%2CHP00%2CIDBA%2CINBTB%2CIX00%2CLLP1%2CLP01%2CMDLS%2CME02%2CMI01%2CPF00%2CPI00%2CPK00%2CPMNG%2CPS01%2CPX00%2CQTTB%2CRENA%2CRFFG%2CS31B%2CSC05%2CSP00%2CSR07%2CST01%2CSU01%2CTM00%2CTR00%2CUTPB%2CWTAS%2CX001%2CX003%2CX007%2CX011%2CX014%2CX021%2CX025%2CX027%2CX028%2CX031%2CX037%2CX040%2CX043%2CYFCC

If you ignore the %2C characters, the other characters are the option codes of your vehicle. The above is from my S75, which was confirmed Aug 10th and started production Sept 2, and you can see it has the APH3 code. When I booked it, it was APH2 but changed about a week or two ago. Note that I did not purchase EAP, hence the APF0 code. It should be APF1 for EAP and APF2 for EAP + FSD. Interesting that your Auto Pilot Package code is APPB whereas mine is APPA. Maybe it's because yours is a Model X whereas mine is a Model S...

I sent. Private message. Uncovered APH 3 on my code. Almost went blind trying to find it.

Reactions: Tommy Bahama
I believe it's every car that went into production after August 8th(I think that was the date). Ordered 7/10. Conf 7/13. Started prod 8/17. Car is still at factory due to the wiring harness problem(supposedly 2,000 cars).
I have confirmed with DS that I have 2.5 even though decoder states I have 2. Black, premium, FSD, standard where and inside.

I have confirmed with DS that I have 2.5 even though decoder states I have 2. Black, premium, FSD, standard where and inside.

This brings up the issue of which database represents the 'as-built' configuration of each car. There has to be one that tracks every option on every car built at Tesla. My speculation, based on some of the dynamic changes to my options, is that the 'View Spec' page as well as the new and used VIN page of available cars both pull from that database and represents the most accurate data on the cars. DS can pull data on current standard features, prices, etc but based on BonLaw's experience above (DS says APH2, but options say APH3), that may not be the latest data. In the case of the APH2 to APH3 change, this appears to have changed sometime around 8/26 or earlier. I'm not sure why some cars still do not have updated options but if it was me, I would continue to check the options even as the car goes through production and see if anything changes. If they deliver the car to you and the View Spec page still shows that old option, then I think there is reason to question what options were really built into your car....

Reactions: Bonlaw
Be careful. Since AP 2.1/2.5 has not been officially announced it is not considered the latest hardware. Every time I ask my OA or DS about what I am getting they say they cannot speak about anything that hasn't been announced by Elon through tweet or official release. There has been no official release or tweet regarding updated AP or second row changes so technically this could mean that aph2 hardware and firmware is considered by them to be the most up to date. Hopefully your option codes will switch. I ordered 8/10 and confirmed 8/13 and have aph3 option but also saw my delivery estimated date go to October/November although my DS still believes I will get it last week September.

Hi was your DR confident of delivery last week in September? I am basically a little over one week behind you so I am wondering when delivery for me , in NJ, will be.

Hi was your DR confident of delivery last week in September? I am basically a little over one week behind you so I am wondering when delivery for me , in NJ, will be.

He said he was still confident last week September but would know more this week. A few weeks ago he emailed me saying he gauraunteed would be delivered in September!! Not sure if I will be able to use that to get something but will be pissed if not before oct 1 and have loan rate change. I was promised at ordering I would get it in September and get the rate. Will post when I know more

Is "APH3" even a big deal? i mean i know we want the latest and best but Elon said that in the off chance AP2.0 hardware cannot handle FSD, those systems would be upgraded to parity for no charge.

We simply don't know yet. The exact hardware difference between the two hasn't been disclosed or tested by users. It's why we're rabid for information on it.

Also just from a practicality standpoint, if it does end up meaning retrofits, that's going to be a lot of cars needing it and probably quite a long wait.

We simply don't know yet. The exact hardware difference between the two hasn't been disclosed or tested by users. It's why we're rabid for information on it.

Also just from a practicality standpoint, if it does end up meaning retrofits, that's going to be a lot of cars needing it and probably quite a long wait.

If it wasn't a decent deal why would they have even done it. But I don't think any of this will get fsd and I don't think they are retrofitting anykne

This brings up the issue of which database represents the 'as-built' configuration of each car. There has to be one that tracks every option on every car built at Tesla. My speculation, based on some of the dynamic changes to my options, is that the 'View Spec' page as well as the new and used VIN page of available cars both pull from that database and represents the most accurate data on the cars. DS can pull data on current standard features, prices, etc but based on BonLaw's experience above (DS says APH2, but options say APH3), that may not be the latest data. In the case of the APH2 to APH3 change, this appears to have changed sometime around 8/26 or earlier. I'm not sure why some cars still do not have updated options but if it was me, I would continue to check the options even as the car goes through production and see if anything changes. If they deliver the car to you and the View Spec page still shows that old option, then I think there is reason to question what options were really built into your car....
Perhaps we can try to see if there's a pattern in which cars are getting the APH3 option code related to dates /configuration?

My order:
S 75D
Confirmed 8/20
Midnight Silver Metallic
White seats
Standard wheels
Sunroof
Premium upgrades
EAP
FSD

Production: Not yet
Est delivery: Late sept-oct

Option code for AP: APH2 (according to the view specs link)