Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Considering others who've ordered after you, some almost a month after you, who already have their VIN, that is unusual, in my opinion. What does your OA say?
Considering others who've ordered after you, some almost a month after you, who already have their VIN, that is unusual, in my opinion. What does your OA say?

Wow...I'm seeing a lot of people getting their VINs. Awesome news for you guys! But I have yet to receive a VIN. Still has my Reservation Number on the Tesla page. I've emailed my DS twice, and still has not responded. Looks like I'll email again. :(

Reactions: CBPfromTN
Ordered 1/5/18
Confirmed 1/8/18
VIN received 2/2/18
I was emailed 2/2 that it be completed end of Feb
Delivery in March tbd to Chicago
Custom ordered 75D Red/ Blk standard interior /EAP
I have 2 road trips end of March. Would be nice but trying not to jinx it !

Wow...I'm seeing a lot of people getting their VINs. Awesome news for you guys! But I have yet to receive a VIN. Still has my Reservation Number on the Tesla page. I've emailed my DS twice, and still has not responded. Looks like I'll email again. :(
You know what? IF you can get ahold of someone in corporate, you might be able to get some really concrete and accurate information. I just happened to call our dealership in Nashville and it rang until it rolled over to corporate and I really enjoyed my conversation with the person who answered my call. He was very interesting and very anxious to talk about Tesla and my order etc. I would (if I were you,) absolutely call my OA instead of the DS. Your OA should be able to get you some information since your DS is not responding, which I would ALSO mention to your OA. Just my opinion, but your DS should have at LEAST returned your calls so since he/she didn't, I wouldn't bother with the DS. I would call your OA since your OA is the one you worked with to decide on your car etc. You should know more than you know by now and I wouldn't wait much longer than opening time for your dealership tomorrow. First thing: Call your OA and please keep us updated and let us know what the reason is for this extraordinary hold up. Good LUCK!

Last edited:
You know what? IF you can get ahold of someone in corporate, you might be able to get some really concrete and accurate information. I just happened to call our dealership in Nashville and it rang until it rolled over to corporate and I really enjoyed my conversation with the person who answered my call. He was very interesting and very anxious to talk about Tesla and my order etc. I would (if I were you,) absolutely call my OA instead of the DS. Your OA should be able to get you some information since your DS is not responding, which I would ALSO mention to your OA. Just my opinion, but your DS should have at LEAST returned your calls so since he/she didn't, I wouldn't bother with the DS. I would call your OA since your OA is the one you worked with to decide on your car etc. You should know more than you know by now and I wouldn't wait much longer than opening time for your dealership tomorrow. First thing: Call your OA and please keep us updated and let us know what the reason is for this extraordinary hold up. Good LUCK!

I emailed my OA and told him I couldn't get a hold of my DS....pretty quick response (<10min). OA reassured me that even though I do not have a VIN yet, that I'm still scheduled for a March delivery. Can't wait for delivery!

But I'l let you guys know when I get the VIN. Hopefully soon. In the mean time...I'm thinking about accessories for car. :)

I emailed my OA and told him I couldn't get a hold of my DS....pretty quick response (<10min). OA reassured me that even though I do not have a VIN yet, that I'm still scheduled for a March delivery. Can't wait for delivery!

But I'l let you guys know when I get the VIN. Hopefully soon. In the mean time...I'm thinking about accessories for car. :)
Any other info? When is the vehicle scheduled for production etc. March can't come quick enough...

Reactions: CBPfromTN and DMack
DMack - You ordered on the 13th right? 13 is an unlucky number. :eek:

If you look at my timeline there was exactly one month between events.
Confirmed 24 December
VIN received 24 January
Delivery Appoint 24 Feb

24 is my lucky number. :D
Obie, that is great, if your timeline actually plays out that way!
Are you sure they said DELIVERY on Feb. 24th or is that production date? (In my case, I was confirmed on Dec. 14 and my production date is Feb.19th.)
I am in TN so it'll take a week or so, (according to my DS,) for my car to get from CA to TN. Of course, I have also been told that the production date of Feb. 19th could be moved up a week (2/12) or back a week (2/26,) which is not uncommon. So, my timeline sounds similar to yours!
It's so interesting to try to figure out when you're going to get THAT call.....(you know...THAT call when you know for sure your car is on its way!) Keep us posted!!!!

Great!!!! I am so glad you called your OA! I prefer to speak to my OA and I even asked my OA to call me when he gets the news that my car is in production. I told him, "I want YOU to call me!" And, he will! SO, keep us posted on your car's progress!
(By the way, what kind of accessories are you looking at, anyway? I haven't thought too much about accessories except Weather Tech floor mats and a car cover for when I am visiting my parents and even though I park in their garage and don't drive my own car the entire time I am there, I want a cover to prevent people from walking thru the garage to get into the house (instead of the front door) and possibly "scraping" by my car accidentally when they walk by it.

Great!!!! I am so glad you called your OA! I prefer to speak to my OA and I even asked my OA to call me when he gets the news that my car is in production. I told him, "I want YOU to call me!" And, he will! SO, keep us posted on your car's progress!
(By the way, what kind of accessories are you looking at, anyway? I haven't thought too much about accessories except Weather Tech floor mats and a car cover for when I am visiting my parents and even though I park in their garage and don't drive my own car the entire time I am there, I want a cover to prevent people from walking thru the garage to get into the house (instead of the front door) and possibly "scraping" by my car accidentally when they walk by it.
Don't stress, it'll happen when it happens, and you will be all grins

22DE4C8F-0C73-4F5C-8A4F-A773DD60014C.jpeg 571E7B31-3AA0-4AAF-BC0C-B3DFCBDDD56E.jpeg 88E886F2-CDC6-4CDF-9031-D9CAD58D42B5.jpeg
Pics while you wait!