Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Data point for east coasters-in-wait: My Model X was in production between Feb 23 and Feb 27. Was loaded on a train to Birmingham, AL on Feb 28. Original delivery date was set for March 20. Was contacted yesterday evening by my DS. Car is early! Arrives in Rockville, MD over the weekend and the new delivery date is March 13. Hurray!!

Reactions: DMack
Data point for east coasters-in-wait: My Model X was in production between Feb 23 and Feb 27. Was loaded on a train to Birmingham, AL on Feb 28. Original delivery date was set for March 20. Was contacted yesterday evening by my DS. Car is early! Arrives in Rockville, MD over the weekend and the new delivery date is March 13. Hurray!!

That is great News.:D Mine should be with yours, same production dates. My DA said mine would be deliveried on the 14th. but I couldn't pick it until the 19th at earliest. they backed it off until the 20th for me also. Only 3 days early. Maybe I'll get a call also.:)

Did you see last nights photo's on the Model 3 site with Hundreds of Tesla's sitting in the Birmingham, Al site being trucked out from the train. You might see a shot of yours.

I can't seem to get the pictures copied over here.

Last edited:
I think I can help with that. There is a staging area in Birmingham, AL that sits right next to a large train switching area .I was driving from Atlanta back to Birmingham yesterday and passed two car haulers loaded with Telsa's heading east towards Atlanta. I decided to stop by the staging area just to see how many Tesla's were there. The answer: a lot. I did not count them, but would guess around 200. That's not counting the 3 haulers that were fully loaded ready to leave.

Here was the post off Model 3 thread.

Just found out my car is arriving in Chicago area around March 19th! Anyone know how long it takes them to prep the car?

I assume they were shipped via train. My Model S must be on the same train yours is. My Tesla finally finished production March 2-3 and the very same day on the 3rd the status changed to in transit.

Fast forward to yesterday. I called my DS and wondered since it shipped so soon if I would be able to get the car early. "Original delivery date was March 27th" I thought 27 days for shipping might be a little insane coming to Chicago.

Well I was told I can pick up the car March 20th, And we have an appointment set for 5 PM that day.

I would call your DS. I assume as appointments fill up they will have to push the delivery times out further. Obviously they cannot prep every single car to be delivered on the 19th or 20th.

I really do hope mine stays for the 20th. I am sure that is an aggressive date, but I gave him a list of dates that week I was available and he picked the 20th so we will see!

My account page has been updated to read my car as being in production :)

Trying to guesstimate when i should expect to take delivery and whether or not the status update on my page is behind by a few days.

I’m hoping I’ll be driving my new Tesla by next weekend.
Awesome! I'm still sitting in "scheduled for production" territory... though DS stated I'm still on track for a 20th delivery.

Reactions: DMack
Talking to the DS this morning, he thinks he was wrong when he told me that my car was on the train to Birmingham. He now thinks it was trucked all the way from Fremont. Hope yours was on that truck, Reddy.

I think I will give him a call. that would be a nice surprise. I called them yesterday and got a different reply pushing me back to the orginal date of the 27th. I think I'll stick with my guy. he has been spot on the whole time.

Yes, they do. It looks like an exact replica of an White iPhone. Mirror in the middle and LED (in white on the sides). Wife really wanted it and we were surprised to see it too. DS had never seen it before too. My wife is driving the car today so cannot a pic of mine but can post one tomorrow, if anyone wants to see it.

I think I will give him a call. that would be a nice surprise. I called them yesterday and got a different reply pushing me back to the original date of the 27th. I think I'll stick with my guy. he has been spot on the whole time.

Did talk to my DA and my car is in route to Richmond VA. currently passing through Tennessee. It will be at Hub in 4 to 5 days then up to Tyson's. He will firm up the delivery date next week. still officially the 23rd but believes we will move up to the 20th. :rolleyes:

My DS said one or two weeks in Texas. Not only prepare the car, but also state inspection etc.
I assume they were shipped via train. My Model S must be on the same train yours is. My Tesla finally finished production March 2-3 and the very same day on the 3rd the status changed to in transit.

Fast forward to yesterday. I called my DS and wondered since it shipped so soon if I would be able to get the car early. "Original delivery date was March 27th" I thought 27 days for shipping might be a little insane coming to Chicago.

Well I was told I can pick up the car March 20th, And we have an appointment set for 5 PM that day.

I would call your DS. I assume as appointments fill up they will have to push the delivery times out further. Obviously they cannot prep every single car to be delivered on the 19th or 20th.

I really do hope mine stays for the 20th. I am sure that is an aggressive date, but I gave him a list of dates that week I was available and he picked the 20th so we will see!
Great, keep me posted? Which Tesla store?

Yes, they do. It looks like an exact replica of an White iPhone. Mirror in the middle and LED (in white on the sides). Wife really wanted it and we were surprised to see it too. DS had never seen it before too. My wife is driving the car today so cannot a pic of mine but can post one tomorrow, if anyone wants to see it.

Yep, lighted vanity is on mine too. Delivery was scheduled for today but I noticed a scratch on the bumper. Will take a few days for paint correction, but I was provided with a sweet Model X 100D loaner in the meantime.

HPWC installed today. Now just need the car. :(

20180309_181847.jpg