Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Let me know how it goes.
Did you leave it with Tesla to get fixed? Or take it back the next day?
I accepted delivery and drove it away. I'm expecting to be contacted in the next few weeks to schedule a service appointment.
Mine didn't have any paint chips, just scratches. So many scratches.

They were supposed to call me but never did. So I ended up calling after a week. I would advise you to do the same.

Supposed to take delivery tomorrow. I was told i should get a call to confirm the delivery and that was told to me last week. I have not received that call yet. I would assume that means tomorrow is probably not going to happen.

Still to this date, I have not been able to get my DS to tell me where my car is, even though its been in transit for almost 20 days.

Or..... For those of you who have taken delivery. When did they call you to confirm your appointment?

Reactions: el_tlatoani
Supposed to take delivery tomorrow. I was told i should get a call to confirm the delivery and that was told to me last week. I have not received that call yet. I would assume that means tomorrow is probably not going to happen.

Still to this date, I have not been able to get my DS to tell me where my car is, even though its been in transit for almost 20 days.

Or..... For those of you who have taken delivery. When did they call you to confirm your appointment?
You may have better luck getting info by contacting your Owner Advisor.

Well, it just may need a lit more patience, given all the MCU issues out there.

I was told mine went into production 2/28. I do not think I have the new MCU.... however based on some peoples posts here. The production dates you are given are completely false. Its possible my car was built mid Feb, or possibly in March. I wont know until I see the door sticker.

I received a formal "Tesla Delivery Appointment Confirmation" email last Friday for a Tuesday pickup. No call from the DS, but received a more personal email again on Saturday to reconfirm delivery. The canned email on Friday had day of logistics and information on paperwork to sign. I'll probably call DS today to reconfirm tomorrow given what people are saying.

I received a formal "Tesla Delivery Appointment Confirmation" email last Friday for a Tuesday pickup. No call from the DS, but received a more personal email again on Saturday to reconfirm delivery. The canned email on Friday had day of logistics and information on paperwork to sign. I'll probably call DS today to reconfirm tomorrow given what people are saying.
We may still see each other at the delivery center @project880. My DS gave me 90% chance of Tuesday afternoon pickup. Of course that was before all the MCU issues. I still haven’t received the formal confirmation email so who knows...

Reactions: project880

Ah well I never got any of those. So I guess things are not looking very good for me. Actually come to think of it, I never get a single email from them. I only have gotten 2. 1 to confirm my order, and a 2nd to ask me for money/loan info etc.

Ah well I never got any of those. So I guess things are not looking very good for me. Actually come to think of it, I never get a single email from them. I only have gotten 2. 1 to confirm my order, and a 2nd to ask me for money/loan info etc.

I just called and they confirmed I'm on for this Friday Morning. I've had my paper work. No emails, they have just gone silent. guess there all out prepping all those cars.:rolleyes: It's end of quarter time, all hands on deck.:eek:

My account status changed this morning from in production to built and in transit. I am still on for a Thursday delivery at the Rocklin CA service center, as far as I know. I think it's a good sign that status changed even in the midst of the MCU issues - cars are still coming out of Fremont.

I got a call 2 days before the appointment. It was the only call I got.

My DS confirmed my appointment has not been delayed by MCU2 patch. Still on target for tomorrow afternoon. There seems to be a lot of concern about the IC/MCU2, as the email also contained this "canned" message:

"Tesla recently introduced a new, much faster MCU, which your vehicle has been built with. When turning on the car, during the initialization process the instrument cluster may potentially appear blank. This is the screen which is directly in front of the driver showing speedometer, existing range, side warnings and a few media controls. This is a software based process that occurs when the vehicle is stationary at start up. This has no impact on the driving systems in your vehicles. Our software team has found a solution. Your vehicle will have this implemented prior to your delivery appointment and therefore this will not delay your delivery appointment."