Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My deliver is now scheduled for May 11th! Finished production on Sunday (4/22) and being shipped via train.

Tesla Model S 75D - Miami, FL

Ordered on: 2/26
Confirmed on: 3/2
VIN received on: 3/30
VIN 2547xx
Entered Prod: 4/18
Finished Prod: 4/22

4/24 production finish here. I am still stuck on delivery for May 18th. I'm in Nashville, TN (just two hours north of the rail hub in Birmingham, Alabama). That may change though. I really am hoping for May 11th or 12th.

To all of you who are waiting, and who use the spreadsheet...

Has anyone else noticed that in our (admittedly) small sample, not a single car went into production last week (the week of the 23rd)?
Did notice that. Thinking all the manpower had been diverted to the model 3. Had been given a June 14 delivery date by the SC about the beginning of April so just figured one week for production, two for transport and one week at the SC for final prep would mean a mid May production start.

Did notice that. Thinking all the manpower had been diverted to the model 3. Had been given a June 14 delivery date by the SC about the beginning of April so just figured one week for production, two for transport and one week at the SC for final prep would mean a mid May production start.

I would have to agree their efforts have been focused on M3's. I swing by the delivery center, way too regular, and they seem to be receiving and delivering a lot of M3's, very few X's and fewer S's.

Anyone know how much actual overlap there is between the S and X assembly lines? I've read forum posts saying they're pretty intertwined but I'm not sure if they can only produce one or the other in any given day. Is it a single line?

If so, there were 3 international-spec'd Model X's put into production in the last week or so. I wonder if that has something to do with the gap in production of US Spec Model S's this past week.

Nick